**POLL** do u use SoundBlaster Live??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thraxes

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2000
Yup... and thinking about it, my card is over 4 years old now :Q

Thing is I see no reason to replace it. It runs my Dolby Pro logic setup quite nicely, I have a digital I/O daughterboard for recording MDs and the sound quality is decent enough for my needs.

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Kanalua
Audigy Platinum, Soundblaster Live, and AC97 (integrated)

AC'97 isn't a sound card, it's a mediocre DAC chip. The actual sound processor is something else.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
AC97 for everyday stuff and a Digidesign 002 for stuff that matters. it's a firewire device: 8 analog I/O @ 96k/24bit, 8 I/O TOSLINK and digital coax, 4 Focusrite Mic preamps with phantom power, balanced/unbalanced connections, etc. that replaces my old Echo Darla 24, which was a 8 analog I/O @ 96k/24bit in a sheilded breakout box with a huge-ass sheilded cable. either one will make anything Creative has ever made cry out for mercy.

Shooters

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2000
Yup, still use my Live! Platinum 5.1. It's the only component in my system, other than my floppy drive, that hasn't been upgraded multiple times in the past 3 years. It sounds good enough for my ears, so I don't see much reason to spend more money.

DXM

Jul 26, 2003
SB Live 4.1 I've had for almost 5 years now. My next sound card will problebly be an Envy 24 based motherboard. :)

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: DXM
SB Live 4.1 I've had for almost 5 years now. My next sound card will problebly be an Envy 24 based motherboard. :)

You can also get the Envy on its own card. The Envy looks like a great setup

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
had SB Live! Value

replaced with M-Audio Revolution 7.1

audio quality > all over your silly creative lab products :D

Allio

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2002
Onboard Realtek 2-channel sound. Fear the 10% cpu usage while listening to MP3s ;D

I really should get a sound card.

Phoenix15

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2001
Thread hijack here.

I built a HTPC for myself. I had a old Live 5.1 lying around. I wanted to use the digital connection to my reciever, but I could never get it to work. The analog outs worked fine, but the digital out never worked. So I went to download the latest drivers and the model number of my card is not listed on Creative's website. The model number is "SB0220". If you run a search on google it pulls up several places selling it. So anyway, anyone have any ideas on why its not working?