*POLL* College Guys: On average, How much time do you spend studying per night?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

radioouman

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2002
RIght now, I'm putting about 2 hours per week into my graduate class. My last class was about 15 hours per week though.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: kalster
Originally posted by: LordJezo
I never studied, graduated with a 2.8 or something, got a good job a few weeks later.

I am doing much better for myself then those who spent every night in front of a book for hours.. they don't have jobs.

Actually, it seems like the less a person studied the better their job is.. roomate who never studied is now working at Warner Music for 65k a year. Old roommate who spent 5 to 6 hours a day doing engineering homework is hoping to get a job at Best Buy for 6/hr.

i think ur full of crap

do u think ppl who are successful just made it without hardwork

just coz some dude made it doesnt mean ppl who work hard are less successful then those who do

Well I won't say he is full of crap. He just gave us a snapshot of things, never told us anything more about these people with low grades who got good jobs. Maybe they are very good at interviewing, are smooth talkers, really good looking or had some good connections. Also, luck plays a big part too.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Last year, I was lucky to do an hour to two hours a week of studying. Days before finals/midterms I'd just cram.

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
I cannot stress enough the need for studying in college, so I won't try. I've got to get back to studying.

J/k, no school for 2 more weeks ;) Seriously though, studying is very important. What's your major going to be?

alareau

Sep 3, 2000
i didn't study much, but i made sure to do all my homework.
And went it was test time, then i would cram as much i could.

phatj

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Keego
I cannot stress enough the need for studying in college, so I won't try. I've got to get back to studying.

J/k, no school for 2 more weeks ;) Seriously though, studying is very important. What's your major going to be?

I'll be majoring in Biomedical Engineering.

Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Ameesh
Originally posted by: edmundoab
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
I'm in HS but because of my classes I study atleast 2 - 3 hours a day, but usually more like 4 - 5 hours

you must be dumb to have to study that hard in high school

maybe he's aiming for straight As...

i got straight As in high school and i think the only time i studied more then 1 hour was for my AP tests

You obviously didn't take AP English! ;)

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000
Originally posted by: edmundoab
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
I'm in HS but because of my classes I study atleast 2 - 3 hours a day, but usually more like 4 - 5 hours

you must be dumb to have to study that hard in high school

maybe he's aiming for straight As...

i got straight As in high school and i think the only time i studied more then 1 hour was for my AP tests

Werddddddd. I was never in class during HS. :D Who needs to be in class?? :D

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
i dont think i ever studied in college.

edit: i went to a liberal arts school, by the by.

JetBlack69

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2001
I think there is a difference between studying and doing homework. I do about 3 hours of homework every Monday Wednesday and sometimes Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday, I study as in reading the book and taking notes for about an hour and then do more homework.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Originally posted by: kalster
Originally posted by: LordJezo
I never studied, graduated with a 2.8 or something, got a good job a few weeks later.

I am doing much better for myself then those who spent every night in front of a book for hours.. they don't have jobs.

Actually, it seems like the less a person studied the better their job is.. roomate who never studied is now working at Warner Music for 65k a year. Old roommate who spent 5 to 6 hours a day doing engineering homework is hoping to get a job at Best Buy for 6/hr.

i think ur full of crap

do u think ppl who are successful just made it without hardwork

just coz some dude made it doesnt mean ppl who work hard are less successful then those who do

Well I won't say he is full of crap. He just gave us a snapshot of things, never told us anything more about these people with low grades who got good jobs. Maybe they are very good at interviewing, are smooth talkers, really good looking or had some good connections. Also, luck plays a big part too.

True

just concluding based on a few cases is crap

if u have ever read harvard business review, in 1 particular issue i remember , they interview a lot of fortune 500 companies CEO's almost 95% of fortune 500 ceo's were focussed right from the beggning and knew wat they wanted to do with their careers

civad

Golden Member
May 30, 2001
originally posted bt: americangigolo
Between 30 minutes and an hour a night (weekdays).

phatj was asking about time spent studying, and not watching pr0n.

edit: sigh! only if I knew who posted that statement bfore writing my reply...no offense:)

goblue420

Aug 29, 2003
i dint know how much i actually study, but i sit and try for abt 2 hrs....but my tv/pc are major distractions - btw i goto univ of mi !!! GO BLUE were goin to national championships this year!!!!!!!!!!!!111