*POLL* College Guys: On average, How much time do you spend studying per night?

phatj

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2003
I was just reading over some of my future college's materials, and it states that I should expect to study for 2-3 hours for every 1 hour I spend in a class. So if I'm in class for 15 hours per week, I'm lookin at 30-45 hours of studying per week. wow.

How long do you guys study for?

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
I'm in HS but because of my classes I study atleast 2 - 3 hours a day, but usually more like 4 - 5 hours

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
I don't study.

I also refuse to vote because your option for not studying sucks.

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Depends on how hard my classes are. This semester, for example, I don't have a lot of what I would call studying (I have to read a lot for a history class, but that's about it). The last couple of semesters, though, I took 17 or 18 hours each semester and probably spent 4 to 5 hours per day doing work (5 days a week if I could, but if it was a particulary hectic week, which seemed to happen more often than not, I'd end up doing 2 or 3 hours of work on Friday and Saturday, too).

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
When I was in college I studied for MAYBE an hour a week. I got all A's and high B's.

deerslayer

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo
I don't study.

I also refuse to vote because your option for not studying sucks.

Ditto, my grades nor my college sucks, I just rarely study.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
i hardly study at all. my grades are good. my school is good.

your poll is the only thing that sucks ;)

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
I never studied, graduated with a 2.8 or something, got a good job a few weeks later.

I am doing much better for myself then those who spent every night in front of a book for hours.. they don't have jobs.

Actually, it seems like the less a person studied the better their job is.. roomate who never studied is now working at Warner Music for 65k a year. Old roommate who spent 5 to 6 hours a day doing engineering homework is hoping to get a job at Best Buy for 6/hr.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: LordJezo
I never studied, graduated with a 2.8 or something, got a good job a few weeks later.

I am doing much better for myself then those who spent every night in front of a book for hours.. they don't have jobs.

Actually, it seems like the less a person studied the better their job is.. roomate who never studied is now working at Warner Music for 65k a year. Old roommate who spent 5 to 6 hours a day doing engineering homework is hoping to get a job at Best Buy for 6/hr.

I both agree and disagree with you on this one.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti

I both agree and disagree with you on this one.

How so.

rocadelpunk

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001

i doubt that has much to do with grades v.s. what type of person they are..i.e. at interviews and such.

yah for engineering i'm supposed to study 50-60hrs a week : P, hah.

In highschool, if i could sit my ass down and work, about 2-3 hrs w/ honors/ap courses. sometimes longer. papers take a while, math i like to do all the problems...

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
I do what I need to a couple days before its due. Like I have my first test in Statistics this Friday, I'm finally doing the homework.......have a lot to do.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002

i think ur full of crap

do u think ppl who are successful just made it without hardwork

just coz some dude made it doesnt mean ppl who work hard are less successful then those who do

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
I'm in HS but because of my classes I study atleast 2 - 3 hours a day, but usually more like 4 - 5 hours

you must be dumb to have to study that hard in high school

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: edmundoab
Originally posted by: Ameesh
Originally posted by: AgaBooga

you must be dumb to have to study that hard in high school

maybe he's aiming for straight As...

i got straight As in high school and i think the only time i studied more then 1 hour was for my AP tests