Political repercussions for Jan Brewer

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I have no qualms with what you are saying, I'm just stating that they make for a good boogeyman. Right now I'd say they are more reviled by the average White American than the Taliban. If the country was in as good of shape as it was in the 90's under Clinton they wouldn't be as big of a deal because everybody was fairly content so we needn't anybody to blame for our problems besides ourselves. I mean they were just as illegal back then weren't they?

And in that time frame I've watched entire towns switch from English speaking American to Spanish speaking immigrant. It's the sheer volume that is the problem. It is a crisis that needs to be dealt with by a heavy hand.

Unless we seal our border, the American melting pot is gone.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
People who hire gardeners and such are 'businesses' as well. I'm talking about the FAMILIES of the illegals who house them here and hide them. As well as the individuals who are here ILLEGALLY as well. I agree with you in a sense that fining businesses is PART of the problem.. but if you are going to issue fines to them, you should do it for EVERYONE involved.

It doesn't surprise me you are focusing on the gardeners and such too because I assume you believe everyone that uses them is a rich person, so tax^h^h^h fine them hell out of them too in your mind.

I'm not sure how much clearer I can make it. Do you support fining the individual here illegally AND their families if they are here protecting them? Or are you only interested in punitive fines against rich people and business owners?
I assume everybody that uses gardeners are rich?? LOL. I was actually talking about my father and his neighbors who uses an illegal gardener yet they all complain about the illegals. They make the check out to his kid because the old man isn't here legally and doesn't have a bank account.

So to answer your question, yes fining everybody that is breaking the law by employing them, housing them ,etc.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
And in that time frame I've watched entire towns switch from English speaking American to Spanish speaking immigrant. It's the sheer volume that is the problem. It is a crisis that needs to be dealt with by a heavy hand.

Unless we seal our border, the American melting pot is gone.
I've been told by my relatives who live in the LA area that whole communities have been converted into places like Tijuana. Of course that's just hearsay but I'm sure some familiar with that area can confirm it if it's true or not.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
I assume everybody that uses gardeners are rich?? LOL. I was actually talking about my father and his neighbors who uses an illegal gardener yet they all complain about the illegals. They make the check out to his kid because the old man isn't here legally and doesn't have a bank account.

So to answer your question, yes fining everybody that is breaking the law by employing them, housing them ,etc.

I believe you've admitted your mother and father are both relatively conservative now. That must make them rich. ;)

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
I've been told by my relatives who live in the LA area that whole communities have been converted into places like Tijuana. Of course that's just hearsay but I'm sure some familiar with that area can confirm it if it's true or not.

LA has lots of ethnic communities within its border.
Koreatown and Little Ethiopia are two I can think of off the top of my head.