Polictical correctness, why is so damned important

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
PC is simply a way of controlling thoughts by controlling language.
"fat as fuck" becomes "big boned"
"runaway inflation" becomes "quantitative easing"
"stupid retard" becomes "victim of circumstance"
"severe schizophrenia" becomes "religious"
"unemployed" becomes "community organizer"
"child molestation" becomes "affair with her underage lover"
"shit I just made up" becomes "some critics say"
"lying sack of shit" becomes "misinformed"

...or "unnatural" becomes "homosexual".

:p

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
PC prevented the woman shouting over and over "god is my saviour" from being restrained/tied to her seat.

Muslim would have been jumped by the passengers.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Political Correctness:

The flawed thinking that believes you can pick up a turd by the clean end.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
PC is simply a way of controlling thoughts by controlling language.
"fat as fuck" becomes "big boned"
"runaway inflation" becomes "quantitative easing"
"stupid retard" becomes "victim of circumstance"
"severe schizophrenia" becomes "religious"
"unemployed" becomes "community organizer"
"child molestation" becomes "affair with her underage lover"
"shit I just made up" becomes "some critics say"
"lying sack of shit" becomes "misinformed"

...or "unnatural" becomes "homosexual".

:p

And "racist, homophobic, misogynist" becomes "Republican".

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
LOL, I thought it would be somewhat obvious I trolled a little there...I have no political stripe. :)

Well, I was fairly sure you were, the guy whom you quoted definitely did not seem to be. I quoted you because I was continuing your play, I just left out the emoticon.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If saying "shoving a penis up your ass is not normal" makes me a bigot, then so be it.

But then again this goes back to being politically correct. It is not politically correct to call something the way it is.

If the truth hurts, have no fear, political correctness to the rescue.

What makes you a bigot is the way you choose to frame the issue to hide from yourself the reality. Shoving a penis up an ass or a vagina is not the essence of loving another human being. The disgust that you revel in flaunting is the disgust that is you. A bigot is the most disgusting thing there is. You were made to feel disgusting and you have internalized it. You radiate it. And you are full of pride that you do. You get to go around feeling justifiably disgusted and there you are, wasting your life in a disgusted state. Every time the notion of 'homosexual' crosses your mind, you get to feel disgusted. It's like spending your life wearing shit all over your face. Lucky you, via your disgust at where a penis might be, you've stuck your head up your ass.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Shoving a penis up an ass or a vagina is not the essence of loving another human being.

Actually according to liberals it pretty much is. It is the very basis for the claim that homosexuals are being discriminated against by not being able to marry who they want to stick their penis up in.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I can't recall any instance of anyone claiming that anal sex was 'normal' in the sense that it was something that the average person does on a frequent basis.

You're right, I wish more girls thought it was normal.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
If saying "shoving a penis up your ass is not normal" makes me a bigot, then so be it.

But then again this goes back to being politically correct. It is not politically correct to call something the way it is.

If the truth hurts, have no fear, political correctness to the rescue.

Hmm. You don't help your (our) argument by bringing your bias against gays into it. If anything the push back against being politically correct is based on the fact the the people who have a supposed grievance with some term that is in the public lexicon should see that it currently carries no ill will toward anyone and basically get over it. Take the argument against the term "Redskins" in regards to the Washington football team. Native americans know that no one thinks about that term as derogatory anymore. They should get over it and realize that changing it really changes nothing of importance.

Now you have to return the favor for this notion to have any validity. You think that the homosexual lifestyle is wrong and unnatural? That's fine, but you also need to refrain from taking any action to stop it, just as you expect others to refrain from acting on the things they perceive to be offensive. It all has to fit into a consistent philosophy to be valid.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
You think that the homosexual lifestyle is wrong and unnatural? That's fine, but you also need to refrain from taking any action to stop it, just as you expect others to refrain from acting on the things they perceive to be offensive. It all has to fit into a consistent philosophy to be valid.

Then gays need to refrain from taking action to force others to respect their lifestyle.

Shoving a penis up an ass or a vagina is not the essence of loving another human being. The disgust that you revel in flaunting is the disgust that is you. A bigot is the most disgusting thing there is. You were made to feel disgusting and you have internalized it.

It is called mutual respect, something liberals are incapable of.

If I say I do not like onions on my cheeseburger, nobody cares.

If I say I do not like gays, then I am a soulless bigot.

Last edited:

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011

To be honest, if you think that comparing onions to people is valid you're a bit of a berk.

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
Oh, I understand the concept of an analogy fine.

But not all analogies are equal.

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
There is something to be said for making a reasonable attempt to avoid offending anyone in certain endeavors. That said, when it becomes clear that certain groups are actively hunting things to be offended by, presumably just to test the limits of how far they can make the world bow to their whims, there comes a time to just say "Fuck off whiners".

I think there is much truth in this statement. Many groups are use political correctness to get their way at the expense of others nowadays.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

So do you think that if I were to say that I don't like black people that wouldn't make me bigoted?

Scotteq

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2008
IMHO, political correctness has not so much to do with the current/actual state of 'Truth', but rather is an expression of social pressure to change that state of 'Truth'.

Paraphrasing, but... All things are subject to Interpretation. The interpretation which prevails is a function of POWER, not truth. If you look at political correctness in that light, it makes perfect sense.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
To be honest if you can't understand the concept of an analogy maybe you shouldn't be on a discussion forum.

Honesty from one of the most profoundly delusional posters on this forum is of value only as an arrow that almost certainly points in the opposite direction of anything of value. You are a garbage dump of misogynistic shit, a complete and total master bigot. And like every other sicko from hither to yon you come here to expose your filthy ass to the rest of us to thump your hideous self pride. You inhabit a mind that has been made to feel more worthless than dirt. You need help but you will probably never know it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Actually, you cannot compare humans to inanimate objects.

I told you that you're basically a good person. So is that dunce that compares humans to things.

You can tell a bigot but you can never tell him where he listens. You are talking to a mind with a brain defect you don't have in this particular area.