Police Stop Man For Carrying Gun Out In Open

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: joshsquall
http://www.wisn.com/cnn-news/19235901/detail.html

Regardless of your views on gun control and private gun ownership, isn't it a little ridiculous that police take you down first and ask questions later, for doing something that's entirely legal? This is similar to pulling you over because you're black and might have drugs.

Someone saw a guy carrying a gun, freaked out and called the police. If I were a cop and showed up to investigate a guy with a gun, you're Goddamn right he's getting on the ground until I can get everything sorted out.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2

Regardless of your views on gun control and private gun ownership, isn't it a little ridiculous that police take you down first and ask questions later, for doing something that's entirely legal? This is similar to pulling you over because you're black and might have drugs.

Someone saw a guy carrying a gun, freaked out and called the police. If I were a cop and showed up to investigate a guy with a gun, you're Goddamn right he's getting on the ground until I can get everything sorted out.

You liberal tendencies are clouding your judgement.

He is exercising a constitutional right that was affirmed by a court and was harassed.

I hope he sues the absolute shit out of everyone involved.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: OCguy

He is exercising a constitutional right that was affirmed by a court and was harassed.

Really? What should the police have done?

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

You live in one of the most liberal states in the union and you cannot carry a gun legally in plain sight or concealed.

JSFLY

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2006

No, your right wing bias is clouding yours. Someone calls 911 about a dude branding a gun, any officer would put him down as a safety precaution. Noone's rights were being violated here... just police officers doing their job to the best of their ability.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001

That's the point, they shouldn't have done anything. They show up -> he's not terrorizing the neighborhood, waiving his gun around -> they leave.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
"Pretty much any time my pants are on, I'm armed," Krause said.

I've never really understood why people feel this way...:confused:

How else would you feel like a big man?

Personally? By being a good father to my son, a good husband to my wife for starters.

Strapping a gun to your hip no more makes you a man than riding a bicycle makes you Lance Armstrong.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: JSFLY

No, your right wing bias is clouding yours. Someone calls 911 about a dude branding a gun, any officer would put him down as a safety precaution. Noone's rights were being violated here... just police officers doing their job to the best of their ability.

Exactly. It's not a rights issue, it's a:

"Hello, 9-1-1 Emergency."

"Uh, yeah, there's this guy walking around outside and he's carrying a gun."

"...we'll send someone over."

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: JSFLY

Carrying a gun in a holster is not "branding." Holding a gun in your hand is not "branding."

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005

Personally? By being a good father to my son, a good husband to my wife for starters.

Strapping a gun to your hip no more makes you a man than riding a bicycle makes you Lance Armstrong.

But how do those things remind you that at any moment, if you so chose, you could make something die? Is your love, in fact, so powerful that it could stop you from being burgled?

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

You live in one of the most liberal states in the union and you cannot carry a gun legally in plain sight or concealed.

Really? That is news to me. Can you site the law that says CCW permits are not legal in CA?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
That's the point, they shouldn't have done anything. They show up -> he's not terrorizing the neighborhood, waiving his gun around -> they leave.
LOL

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005

I would love to see this thread under different circumstances. So, just to make sure I'm clear, when the police get a phone call telling that someone is walking around with a gun, they should just roll up nonchalantly and see what's what?

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

Wow, you have no idea what you are talking about. Go to Arizona or Northern California (outside the bay area, obviously) and you will see people carrying.

Leave your little Southern California liberal puss-bubble every now and then and you will see the rest of the country does not get scared of guns the way you do.

People open-cary and concealed carry all over the country. If cops tackled every one of them because of a phone-call they would go bankrupt from litigation.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

But how do those things remind you that at any moment, if you so chose, you could make something die? Is your love, in fact, so powerful that it could stop you from being burgled?

:laugh:

racolvin

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2004

If open carry is legal and that's a known fact, then if the weapon is holstered and the person is acting peaceably you leave them the hell alone. You *MIGHT* ask them to step over for a routine felony check but that's all. You do NOT take them to the ground and cuff them, etc, etc.

If the person has the weapon in hand, acting erratic, menacing with the weapon, etc, then you take them down.

JSFLY

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2006

Brandishing then.... all better now Mr. Grammer nerd?

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

Really? That is news to me. Can you site the law that says CCW permits are not legal in CA?

Do you have one? Good luck getting one in any of the major cities in CA...or getting a major city police department to recognize it.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005

Wow, you have no idea what you are talking about. Go to Arizona or Northern California (outside the bay area, obviously) and you will see people carrying.

Leave your little Southern California liberal puss-bubble every now and then and you will see the rest of the country does not get scared of guns the way you do.

People open-cary and concealed carry all over the country. If cops tackled every one of them because of a phone-call they would go bankrupt from litigation.

Puss-bubble - that's clever. You live 45 minutes away from here in arguably an even bigger puss bubble in the City of Orange. If you want to start slinging poorly conceived, un-creative, hastily developed insults around, you're doing it in the wrong place. What exactly constitutes a puss-bubble?

Side note: How much do you absolutely hate you job/life that you come on here to be an enormous dick all the time? Is it a lot? Are you very lonely?

Side note x2: Will you leave the state soon? I hope so.

Back on topic: You're right, the police should have showed up and compared dick sizes with the guy. Because let's face it, that's what this is all about, anyhow.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

Puss-bubble - that's clever. You live 45 minutes away from here in arguably an even bigger puss bubble in the City of Orange. If you want to start slinging poorly conceived, un-creative, hastily developed insults around, you're doing it in the wrong place. What exactly constitutes a puss-bubble?

Side note: How much do you absolutely hate you job/life that you come on here to be an enormous dick all the time? Is it a lot? Are you very lonely?

Side note x2: Will you leave the state soon? I hope so.

Back on topic: You're right, the police should have showed up and compared dick sizes with the guy. Because let's face it, that's what this is all about, anyhow.

Setting aside your personal insults, ill address the bolded part.

What this is really about is that you think guns are "icky", and do not believe in the Bill of Rights.

Any gun story that comes up, you will be anti-gun. So really, your opinion on this matter is irrelevant, because no matter what, you are going to side with the gun-grabbers. You have made it clear that you do not see a need for private citizens to be armed, so you are the outlier here.

What other constitutional rights are you against?

And seriously, do some traveling. Constantly being in urban settings does tend to cloud the mind of reality.

Do me a big favor. Go to AZ or NV, and call the cops because you see someone peacefully exercising thier 2nd amendment right. Make sure you are recording the call. :laugh: