Pointless Disconnected Blabs, Ramblings and Utterances

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
I really wonder why mixed-race population is so low in the United States as a whole, even though mixed race weddings were legal in places like New York State for more than a century, and was federally legalized in Lovings Supreme Court Case.

Nov 17, 2019
I couldn't remember if I ate the second hamburger I cooked. I had to go to the kitchen to see if it was still there. It was. Now it isn't.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I really wonder why mixed-race population is so low in the United States as a whole, even though mixed race weddings were legal in places like New York State for more than a century, and was federally legalized in Lovings Supreme Court Case.
My sister is doing her part!

Jul 27, 2020
Cut a mango and I start hearing this clicking sound. I'm kinda groggy after waking up so I'm like, am I imagining this? The sound doesn't stop. Bring the plate near to my ear. It's louder. Upon listening more closely, it seems to be coming from the seed. Promptly put the seed in a plastic bag and it goes into the freezer. I have no intention of figuring out what is inside there. After a few hours in there, hopefully whatever is inside will be dead and I'll throw it away. Freaky.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Aren't you even a little curious as to what it is? I'd have opened that thing up with the critter(?) still alive. I'd guess it was some kind of larvae, like a Mexican jumping bean.

• Wow
Reactions: igor_kavinski
Jul 27, 2020
Aren't you even a little curious as to what it is? I'd have opened that thing up with the critter(?) still alive. I'd guess it was some kind of larvae, like a Mexican jumping bean.
Nope!

I don't even want to think about creepy, crawly stuff!

If the ticking sound is that loud while it's INSIDE, I don't even want to hear what it sounds like when it comes out. No way. The sound is way too ominous for me to even be curious about it.

• Haha
Reactions: lxskllr
Jul 27, 2020
Was looking out the office window (M floor so lower than 1st floor). Saw an absolutely oh-my-gosh-that's-impossible adorable little girl, 4 or 5 years old playing around a bench. She was bleached out white with matching blonde hair. Sitting on the bench was probably her dad? But he looked middle eastern. Honestly didn't look like her father but he must've been since she was playing around him. He gets up to leave and she follows him and while she is doing that, the guy is totally oblivious to her. Doesn't even look back to see if she's coming. She trips a bit and gets back up and starts following him again and then they go out of my sight. And I was left thinking, what kind of a dad doesn't pick up her daughter or at least look back to make sure she is there?

Nov 17, 2019
You know what's nuts?

Seeds!!

$15 for a bag of bird seed that used to be under $10, and then there is suet that's over a buck when it used to be .69 for any flavor at a chain farm store.

Over $2 for a small pack of flower seeds that used to be 50 cents. I just saw a listing that converts to unit price and it was something like $180/ounce.

(And yes, I know that nuts are seeds.)

Nov 17, 2019
First month in many months where outflows were equal to or exceeded inflows. That almost never happens with the exception of when a big bill like home insurance comes in. And even then, I can spread those out over a few months so the hit isn't as noticeable. But this month is was all smaller things, projects that simply had to be done. A few hundred here, a few hundred there.