plz tell your

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
1) FF7
2) Everquest
3) Starcraft
4) GTA: Vice City

Yeah that's 4, and I don't care. And yeah, I'm oldschool. Note that I'm talking about quality for their time... obviously graphics and gameplay have moved on, but for their time they were awesome.

Edit: 5) Portal - can't believe I forgot that one. And while I'm editing, Far Cry was awesome too ^_^

Gothgar

Lifer
Sep 1, 2004
Red Alert 1/2
Baulders Gate 2
Half Life 2+++ (Portals, Team Fortress 2, Episode 1&2)

Honorable mentions: WoW (when I played it) Diablo 2, Starcraft, Battlefield 2, Civilization 4, Age of Empires 2, Counterstrike.

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Green Gigs
Originally posted by: coreyb
Tac Ops was the best!

Heck yea it was!

is that the mod with the swimming pool map where you could climb the diving board tower and there were cat walks and sh!t? If so I agree, badass.

I've recently played or am currently playing:

Call of Duty 4 (multiplayer only)
Dawn of War (multiplayer only)
WoW
Sins of a Solar Empire

All good games, nothing like the amazing times with old school games like Quake 1 and XCOM, but still :)

Oh and most adrenaline pumped/hr prize goes to UO in '97 :)

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
Diablo 2 LOD
Priston Tale
counter strike 1.5

What is funny is that WoW is not on my list, no near the top...and I played it for a few years. next would be BF2, DC mod for BF1942...Star Craft....

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: KlokWyze
Myth 2: Soulblighter
Ultima 7, parts 1 & 2
HL2

Myth 2 and Ultima 7, good freakin calls. I remember attempting Myth 2 on legendary, made it through 4 or 5 missions before moving on...man, fun game. Anyone who hasn't tried it and who has an open mind graphically speaking, should.

9mak9

Dec 3, 2007
out of the games that i have played the most and enjoyed it would be:

guild wars, jagged alliance 2 and half life 2

but my actual favorite are games that arent as much on the radar:

Beyond Good & Evil
Planescape: Torment
Indigo Prophecy

my favorite aspect of any game is the story and all 3 had it and then some

KlokWyze

Diamond Member
Sep 7, 2006
www.dogsonacid.com
Originally posted by: Malladine
Ultima 7, parts 1 & 2
HL2

Myth 2 and Ultima 7, good freakin calls. I remember attempting Myth 2 on legendary, made it through 4 or 5 missions before moving on...man, fun game. Anyone who hasn't tried it and who has an open mind graphically speaking, should.

The single player is fun & interesting, but for me multiplayer was mainly where it's @, including campaign co-op. Also, the amount of mods for this game is ridiculous. Some of the best being the plethora of top-notch WW2 mods.

Ultima 7 was so innovative for it's time & I don't think any RPG's have ever really matched it in style & story. Then again, I haven't played A LOT of RPG's on the PC. Most of the critically acclaimed stuff I didn't like... tried to get into Baldur's Gate, didn't like it. Same with NWN. Was thinking about checking out Gothic or the Witcher.

toughwimp11

May 8, 2005
i'm probably forgetting some but looking through my game library, my favorites are:

- KOTOR
- gta: san andreas
- wolfenstein: et

although all the games of the orange box are probably tied with those

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
1- Oregon Trail
2- Oregon Trail 2: Hankerin' Fer Gold
3- Oregon Trail 3: Oregon Sucks, Let's Go Home

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Malladine
Ultima 7, parts 1 & 2
HL2

The single player is fun & interesting, but for me multiplayer was mainly where it's @, including campaign co-op. Also, the amount of mods for this game is ridiculous. Some of the best being the plethora of top-notch WW2 mods.

Ultima 7 was so innovative for it's time & I don't think any RPG's have ever really matched it in style & story. Then again, I haven't played A LOT of RPG's on the PC. Most of the critically acclaimed stuff I didn't like... tried to get into Baldur's Gate, didn't like it. Same with NWN. Was thinking about checking out Gothic or the Witcher.

yeah, the voice acting took the biscuit for sure :)
Far a MP myth2 goes, i did try it over lan 1v1 and that was a blast. Online was a different story, usually got crushed, guessing most playin that game online were just that hardcore. IIRC you have to install 3rd party lobby software to get connected?

Yeah, the feeling of sheer freedom was awesome in Ultima7 serpent's isle. Though I didn't get past the swamp (needed swamp boots??) i still put a large number of hrs into the game.

Couldn't get into BG1 either, but I enjoyed Baldur's Gate 2 and definitely Icewind Dale. I completed the latter and found it to be more action packed than BG2.
I hated NWN :|
I haven't played Witcher but I recommend Gothic (maybe Gothic 2 and 3 now?), kinda like Morrowind, if you'd played that, except not as open. I've played a lot of RPGS on the PC, those I had most fun playing, other than MMOs, would be:

Might and Magic 6 and 7
Wizards and warriors
Ultima 7
wizardry 8

kb3edk

Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: videogames101
Originally posted by: Pelu
mines are

UT3

M2TW

GW

Guild Wars FTW!

+BF2

+TF2

Yup, Guild Wars makes my top 3 as well :cool:

1) Diablo II + LOD
2) Guild Wars
3) Portal

Honorable mentions: WoW (just quit it and went back to GW, but it was a good run), Diablo I, BioShock, Crysis, Warcraft II, Starcraft, TIE Fighter

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
Xpand Rally (and Xtreme)
Battlefield 2
Star Wars Republic Commando

All of them were released a while ago but all of them were actually really involved and run well on my computer.

Check

Nov 6, 2000
In no order:
Warcraft 2: Battle Net Edition
Counter Strike (1.3 to be exact, bunny hopping ftw)
Quake 2

Other games:
Fallout, everything else half-life, Castle of the Winds, Legend of the Red Dragon (BBS with a 9600 baud modem), Carmageddon, Call of Duty 4.