Please send thoughts and prayers to the NRA...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I'm gonna guess you're armed with enough information to answer your own question here.

I think I recall once reading him post something to the effect that the world WAS in fact round and not flat... I could be mistaking him for someone with a functioning brain not fueled by an overactive fear center riddled with ideological inconsistencies and outright contradictions, though...

Reactions: vi edit

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Ah yes, 538, a well known unbiased source of information. I'll choose pro choice rather than be forced to buy coverage I neither need nor want among as many as ONE insurance provider now that the others have left the business.

jesus fucking christ

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Regardless of what you think of the NRA, Operation Choke Point Cuomo style is not how you go about doing it because it will become a first amendment issue.

This is no different than Republicans trying to shut down planned parenthood using similar indirect government coercion just because their religious right constituents believe they are murdering thousands of babies.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I think I recall once reading him post something to the effect that the world WAS in fact round and not flat... I could be mistaking him for someone with a functioning brain not fueled by an overactive fear center riddled with ideological inconsistencies and outright contradictions, though...
So right occasionally?

Reactions: umbrella39

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Regardless of what you think of the NRA, Operation Choke Point Cuomo style is not how you go about doing it because it will become a first amendment issue.

This is no different than Republicans trying to shut down planned parenthood using similar indirect government coercion just because their religious right constituents believe they are murdering thousands of babies.
Trump bashes companies, organizations and people all the time. Do you have any proof New York State is actually actively undermining the NRA?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
For they are in dire fiscal straights and can't get insurance.

Oh the delicious irony.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/nra-financial-trouble-706371/

Specifically, the NRA warns that it has lost insurance coverage — endangering day-to-day operations. “Insurance coverage is necessary for the NRA to continue its existence,” the complaint reads. Without general liability coverage, it adds, the “NRA cannot maintain its physical premises, convene off-site meetings and events, operate educational programs … or hold rallies, conventions and assemblies.”

Guess that means they have to get Dana Loesch's cute little ass on the corner to make them some money!
smiley-19.gif

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm not sure I agree with Cuomo's methods but fuck the NRA anyway. They've increasingly peddled fear as a reason to own guns for decades, even as crime has fallen to its lowest level since the 70's.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I'm genuinely curious to see how many suckers pony up to "save" the NRA. Will it be more than the number of suckers who ponied up to keep Oral Roberts from being called home?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I'm genuinely curious to see how many suckers pony up to "save" the NRA. Will it be more than the number of suckers who ponied up to keep Oral Roberts from being called home?

Well in that case they just heard "Oral" + "College of Roberts" and thought... Well that's a cause worth paying for.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Ah yes, 538, a well known unbiased source of information. I'll choose pro choice rather than be forced to buy coverage I neither need nor want among as many as ONE insurance provider now that the others have left the business.

Please tell us more about your 538 conspiracy theory. How specifically are they biased?

Reactions: Aegeon and Younigue

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Probably paying out a fortune in hush money to keep their Russian connections under wraps.

Flapdrol1337

Golden Member
May 21, 2014
“The NRA’s inability to obtain insurance in connection with media liability"

Yeah, no shit, who would want to be liable for that....