Announcement Please Read and HEED the Final Post in This Thread

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Just confirmed for myself.

So Amol got some splaining to do...
and
I went thru that page. The exact words were posted by a different username than was presented in the image.
and
Edit: well I'll be damned, Amol did make that up. I reported for impersonating you.

The Fox News user probably just changed their profile account name:

If said fox news user was s0me0nesmind1 is another question entirely. However, it seems it is both trivial to impersonate someone on Fox News, and also trivial quickly change ones identity after posting on Fox News.

Amol linking the original article would indicate he clearly believed he had found s0me0nesmind1 posting on Fox. It is likely Amol did not realize how trivial it is both to change names on Fox and impersonate people.

If you go through the postings of the person who was impersonating s0me0nesmind1 you come to the conclusion that persons believes nothing at all. The posts seem to simply be focused on making people angry. At him, at someone else, just making other people angry.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2012
and

and

The Fox News user probably just changed their profile account name:

If said fox news user was s0me0nesmind1 is another question entirely. However, it seems it is both trivial to impersonate someone on Fox News, and also trivial quickly change ones identity after posting on Fox News.

The fact Amol linked the original article would indicate he clearly believed he had found s0me0nesmind1 posting on Fox. It is likely Amol did not realize how trivial it is both to change names on Fox and impersonate people.

You're an idiot to the highest magnitude. Another post in the series literally cited the original name of the poster.

1618326048897.png

Amol changed it in his browser like I showed previously.

1618325919647.png

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Whatever did or did not happen here, we cannot support bringing postings on other sites into this forum.

Perknose
Forum Director

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
The accuser here has confessed that they used developer tools to fraudently pose s0me0nesmind1 as the poster, and apologized. s0me0nesmind1 was NOT that poster in those screenshots. No further mention of this will be tolerated here, from anyone, for any reason.

Perknose
Forum Director

Status
Not open for further replies.