Announcement Please Read and HEED the Final Post in This Thread

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Mitch McConnel warns Americans to stay out of US politics:

He wants corporations to “stay out of politics”. ‘Citizens United’ just called.

how is Mitch going to keep getting paid if he tells the corpos to leave him?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
it is not false, keep trying you might get it right. what part is antidemocratic? the ID? lol colorado requires a photo ID to vote.

It is false. You're fucking lying. You haven't pointed out anything about CO voting that is more restrictive. Not one thing.

Of course, the truth is plainly obvious--that you are lying here--which is why you will never do the work here to try and support your obvious lie.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I’m gonna guess Golf could be next.

Nope. Masters in Augusta starts tomorrow and from the article itself:

"The PGA Tour has already said it won't be moving the season-ending Tour Championship from Atlanta this year, scheduled for September 2-5, saying it has a financial commitment to the charities and the local community. "

Now, if players started boycotting it, the PGA might start to change their tune. But players aren't going to boycott. At least not the big names.

Reactions: Ken g6 and Pohemi
Feb 4, 2009
Nope. Masters in Augusta starts tomorrow and from the article itself:

Now, if players started boycotting it, the PGA might start to change their tune. But players aren't going to boycott. At least not the big names.

thanks that’s what I meant

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
thanks that’s what I meant

But they wont boycott it. Certainly not the big names which is all that really matters. And I'd venture to believe that most the fans for that matter don't care.
I will be SHOCKED if the PGA takes any stance on this ever. They already copped out due to "financial commitment to the charities and the local community" so that tells you where their headspace is.

Reactions: Pohemi

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
If Republicans don't want to be accused of Jim Crow lawmaking perhaps it would be a somewhat wise idea not to openly expound with the fucking IDENTICAL rhetoric that was used to justify Jim Crow era voting restrictions.

L. O. Fucking L.

Gave a quick read through the article - the author offers no data to support their position. Just vague feels. And never defines what a better voter actually is.

But legitimacy is not popularity and popularity is not consent. The entire notion of representative government assumes that the actual business of governing requires fewer decision-makers rather than more

And that's why our government is representative and not a direct democracy. But in doing so, those representatives should be representative of the population. GerrymanderingGerrymandering the hell out of districts to create a structural advantage is neither representative nor particularly legitimate (only in the strict legal sense).
A president that wins with 20% of the popular vote (because of the electoral college) is in no way representative or receiving consent of the voters at large.

Last edited:

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Of course, ignoring in their entreaties for "higher quality voters" the fact that republican and conservative voters are demonstrably the least-informed, dumbest sacks of shit to ever punch a Chad.

But let's not.let that get in the way of a good political subterfuge.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
If Republicans don't want to be accused of Jim Crow lawmaking perhaps it would be a somewhat wise idea not to openly expound with the fucking IDENTICAL rhetoric that was used to justify Jim Crow era voting restrictions.

Reading that was just... tragic. The outlet that's supposedly about liberty argues for a basic betrayal of democracy.

It's not even a decent argument. Williamson assumes that someone without a driver's license can't be sufficiently well-informed, and conveniently sidesteps deeper solutions: better political education in schools, and more responsible coverage of politics in the media. We don't need to shrink the voter base to get more informed voters.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
how is Mitch going to keep getting paid if he tells the corpos to leave him?

Yep ... I guess this means that the GOP is willing to forego the donations they hope to receive, as the party of big business. Mitch’s message to corporations is “Just send us the money and then shut the fuck up and do as you’re told”. That will go over well. It’s specifically corporations critical of voting restrictions. Which is to say corporations that are concerned with voters rights and the like, which is to say corporations less-likely to support Republican interests. Even more specifically: Corporations that are concerned that a majority of their national and international customers might be concerned with voting rights.

They spent decades arguing that corporations are people and money equals speech. They are now trying to thread a bizarre needle wherein only corporate money is speech but corporate speech is unwelcome. I hope it blows up in their fucking faces. I’m sensing that Mitch just stepped on his dick with golf shoes on. Let’s see just how fast he back-tracks when the donations dry up.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Strange how the people calling for fewer voters by taking away voting rights are never willing to give up their own right to vote.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Republicans during the Obama years rallied support through obstruction and throwing red meat to the base. Then under Trump, they simply became the party of grievances and they inflamed that base to red-hot levels and a complete denial of any facts that are contrary to their ideology and world view. They’ve really put themselves into a position where now they are simply reacting to the demands of the angry mob, damn the consequences. The angry mob believes the Big Lie that the election was stolen and instead of standing up against the lies, they pass reactionary “election reform” legislation that pisses everyone outside of their angry mob off including their lifeblood - corporations. This is a party that is hopefully disintegrating before our eyes and it’s through their own craven pandering to the ignorant masses.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I just have to say it again, I can't believe how this has soooo upset republican politics and republican news outlets, like Fox. Fox, running this story 24/7. They are obsessed with business taking a stand on and within Georgia. I do believe we've hit their achilles heal, i.e. Fox, Mitch, republican after republican. And they thought voter suppression would be soooo easy, for them. HA, HA, HAHAHA. Now, I'd love to see iOwa republicans who also passed voter restrictions to pay a price with Amazon pulling their facilities out of iOwa, and Microsoft pull their servers out of iOwa, and Google to pull their facility out of iOwa. If that would happen, iOwa would be left with only ten people working actual jobs. Actual jobs, because making meth in ones garage is not an actual job.

Reactions: Muse

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Cancel culture. Nobody cares that they are moving it. Mlb can (and will) cancel themselves.
Fox News has been shitting themselves all week complaining about the move. All of a sudden everyone on FOX is ultra concerned about how this will harm black owned businesses.

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Fox News has been shitting themselves all week complaining about the move. All of a sudden everyone on FOX is ultra concerned about how this will harm black owned businesses.
Sounds like a solid candidate for the "Lie of the Month" at Faux.

Reactions: Meghan54
Nov 8, 2012
Heh, entirely relevant truth as virtue signaling is brought to the forefront and the actual human lives are casually swept under the rug. Keep it classy libtards ;)

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Heh, entirely relevant truth as virtue signaling is brought to the forefront and the actual human lives are casually swept under the rug. Keep it classy libtards ;)

Why post that trash?

The all star game is going to be at Coors Field in Denver CO, you trolling, lying piece of shit!

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

n0b0dy screams that the idiot in the mirror is an idiot, and the idiot yelled right back at him. n0b0dy is giving a master class in owning the libtards!

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi
Feb 4, 2009

The baseball league plays in China?
Seems like they already don’t play games there.

Status
Not open for further replies.