Playing pretend and reality

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Dems need a continual protected class from which to garner votes. The war on poverty is a resounding failure and poor folks might at some point actually figure that out although it's doubtful with the way the left has taken over our school systems. But I digress.

They've wrung out the blacks for about all they're going to get. We've got coalitions of black preachers denouncing Holder right now. It's just a matter of time before Obama is in the crosshairs. The tide is turning on that protected class. The women thing is iffy because women are smarter than the left thinks they are. I mean they're kinda swayed with the free birth control thing but they've had one eyebrow cocked up on that from the get-go. It's tenuous at best. The gay thing is ridiculous as their percentage of the population is too small to make a difference. So, they've got to come up with a new group to "protect". The blind? Nope, too small. People with cleft palates? Too small again. Where in the hell can you come up with millions of people to keep the dream alive?

Bingo

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Wow, looks like someone could use a gallon of pudding as their hate is full effect in 99% of their posts today. I can't imagine living with that much hate in my life.

You won't be happy, then, to learn that I don't and you do. You hate yourself for being like me but I accept who I am. I like you much better than you like me. That's why I try to help rid you of your pompous ass. You are just some old worthless piece of crap like me, no more or less worthless than anybody else. Remember when you used to make mud pies and how much fun it was.

Baby, let me follow you down.
Well, I'll do anything in this God almighty world
If you just let me follow you down.

Can I come home with you?
Baby, can I come home with you?
Yes, I'll do anything in this God almighty world
If you just let me come home with you.

Well, I'll do anything in this God almighty world

Yes, I'll do anything in this God almighty world

BUnit1701

May 1, 2013
Good, lettuce sales will go up and the farmer will make more and be able to pay more. You know that raising wages is good, no? If you don't please don't tell me some altered reality shit you ate from come conservative brain dead bubble your were propagandized with somewhere. I'm up to my eyeballs in conservative bull shit.

I fully support paying lettuce pickers more, I just don't see why we cant pay current US citizens more instead of making illegal immigrants from Mexico citizens so we can then pay them more.

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
Can we stop for a second?

Can others please post their own examples vs comment/go back and forth?

I would prefer if this thread didn't turn into your usual crap around here.....thx

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
You ever see The Water Boy where the mom is so obsessed with the devil she mumbles it in her sleep? I can just imagine Moonbeam mumbling Brain Defect all through the night.....

He is just a figment of someone's imagination, so it's fitting for him to troll in the "playing pretend" thread. Can you imagine how much someone must hate themselves to have an alter ego like that, projecting so much negative emotion all day, every day?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
He is just a figment of someone's imagination, so it's fitting for him to troll in the "playing pretend" thread. Can you imagine how much someone must hate themselves to have an alter ego like that, projecting so much negative emotion all day, every day?

Just reflecting yours back. You have to shit every time you see Moonbeam. I'm cathartic, you see. Learn the difference between shit and flypaper.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
You won't be happy, then, to learn that I don't and you do. You hate yourself for being like me but I accept who I am. I like you much better than you like me. That's why I try to help rid you of your pompous ass. You are just some old worthless piece of crap like me, no more or less worthless than anybody else. Remember when you used to make mud pies and how much fun it was.

I'm happy most all the time and deal with what throws my way without getting overly emotional about it. I'm so happy knowing that I don't have to deal with all the hate you do on a daily basis. Maybe one day you'll let this hate go and move on.

Just remember the serenity prayer and you can begin the journey to being hate free.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom to know the difference.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Illegal Immigration is one of the biggest fake "problems" I've ever seen. All the whites in north america are illegal immigrants btw, because I'm pretty sure they didn't follow the proper protocols and customs to join the Indian tribes that previously "owned" the land they now live on.

Most immigrants came here to find work. They work for terrible wages happily, because it's still a lot better than they can get in their home country, and they work relatively hard.

The complaint most people have is that these illegal immigrants are spending our taxes when they send kids to our schools or use our healthcare. What? How on earth is that an immigration issue? We have plenty of deadbeat legal american citizens who use such services without paying in the proper taxes to cover themselves. Many of them additionally burden the system by usage of various forms of welfare. How is this an immigration issue?

The system is broken, and it's broken without even looking at immigrants, so don't blame it on the immigrants.

The argument really boils down to an incredible sense of entitlement some people seem to have. It's like if you are born here, you somehow deserve to be a leech off the system, but if you come in from another country suddenly it's a bad thing. F that. Welfare and deadbeats are a bad thing, whether they are legal citizens or immigrants, it doesn't make one once of difference. With that put aside, what is the actual issue with immigration?

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I am with you. Anything short of deportation is rewarding illegal behavior opens up the floodgates for entitlements.

Please understand this: Regardless of how much you want that to happen, or how much it should happen, it will never happen. The American sheeple simply do not have the stomach for it, if they ever were able to conjure up the gumption to tear themselves away from their TV's long enough.

Any talk of dealing with the illegal invasion needs to cease to talk about deporting illegals already here (at least in any large number). What we need to spend our time on is getting the border - for real - locked down. Not fake locked down, lip service locked down, manipulated numbers locked down, temporairily lip service manipulated numbers locked down, etc.

Only after a true border lockdown happens, and demonstrated in a length of time measured in years to actually be happening, can the entertainment of making existing illegals legal happen. Not before. Realize that those that want illegals legalized, Open Borders, etc. will resist this with everything they've got.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Just reflecting yours back. You have to shit every time you see Moonbeam. I'm cathartic, you see. Learn the difference between shit and flypaper.

You don't see a problem describing yourself as shit? How is that cathartic for you?

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Obama has the highest deportation rate of any President.

Not sure if this was posted ironically or not, but another great example of pretending.

They just changed the way they count deportations multiple times.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008

Which is me reflecting back when you start crying about your brain damage, over, and over, and over... You're an obnoxious bitch, you see.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
I agree that shit food is everywhere. It's hard to find legit healthy foods at a grocery store let alone a restaurant. Everything is processed, injected and fluffed up with filler and preservatives. However the real issue here is cost and let's face it, we need to stop breeding because there are so many freaking people around that it's a miracle everyone has access to food on any consistent basis. I'm curious to know how many people can we farm corn for just to make corn based products consistently available to anyone that wants it? Could the world support say 12 billion people? 20 billion? We're not shrinking in population ya know, something has to give eventually.