Playing pretend and reality

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
Figured this would be a cool little game that might potentially make this forum useful.

Post Government painting pretty pictures and telling us how they are resolving a problem and state the reality.

Do people actually believe anything our Government tells us? Blows my mind......it doesn't take much to see how full of shit they are.

I will start:

Illegal Immigration - word ILLEGAL is the key here. I'm an immigrant and had to go thru the legal process to get there.

Pathetic Attempt: Government building walls, throwing more people at the border, increases budgets and states that they are trying to resolve the problem.

Reality:
If government really wanted to stop illegal immigration (which they don't based on their actions) they would simply:
a) not allow illegal immigrants to get licenses
b) not allow their kids to go to school
c) deny them healthcare
d) REALLY go after companies that hire illegal immigrants
e) this is the best one: deport them? What was the last time that happened unless someone commits a crime?

NONE of the above are happening or being implemented and our government continues to spend our money on BS that doesn't work.

If you take away reason for people to come here, they simply won't come. Seems pretty simple.

Here is a good one

Obesity:

Pretending: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/27/us-nutrition-labeling-update-idUSBREA1Q1JG20140227

Really, labels?

Reality: Give American people more choice of healthy foods. At every corner there is COMPLETE SHIT. Eating healthy is challenging while on the road and choices are limited.

How about TAX THE CRAP out of companies that sell CRAP????

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I am with you. Anything short of deportation is rewarding illegal behavior opens up the floodgates for entitlements.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Well, it's the people that don't want to do anything with illegals - not the government.

Because it's business owners who are always looking to get the cheapest labor possible. The government knows this and pretends to care about it. So,.. the people really ARE getting what they want.

No issues on this one.

Nov 30, 2006
Well, it's the people that don't want to do anything with illegals - not the government.

Because it's business owners who are always looking to get the cheapest labor possible. The government knows this and pretends to care about it. So,.. the people really ARE getting what they want.

No issues on this one.
Wrong. A vast majority of Americans want changes to our immigration policies.

http://www.pewresearch.org/key-data-points/immigration-tip-sheet-on-u-s-public-opinion/

PP_13.05.08_immigrationPolicy_3601.png

PRC_Citizen_Residency.png

Last edited:

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009

No issues on this one.

I'm sorry but "VERY VERY VERY few" high level/executives business owners decisions DO NOT reflect "American People".

VERY FEW high level business owner gives a shit about America......not with their actions at least.....

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
So now it's time to drop a bomb.

"Pretend" - Let's invade Afghanistan/Iraq to get back at them for 9/11 and flush out terrorists.

"Reality"- you cannot stop a person from blowing themselves up on the train etc. Impossible.

Iraq/Afghanistan war = the biggest robbery in recent history. It seems to me like they used our future tax money (which they didn't even have) and handed it over to Military, Weapons, Security sector buddies in the name of "fighting for freedom/terrorism". For god sakes they even managed to pay 3x the salary of a soldiers to Mercenaries that obey by NO law (while are soldiers are being prosecuted....)

In the process, American's lost their freedoms (thanks to law changes) and our future money has been transferred to Corps....

"to fight for freedom"

Not sure about you, but I didn't really feel that ANY freedom was lost on 9/11.

Heck the biggest threat to our freedom was been and still is our government. After all THEY are the ones that ripped the rights away from us in the name of terrorism.

And judging by the accomplishments abroad. Sure we flushed out many terrorists, but at what cost?

And honestly, even if they were to attack America even once a year and take out 2000 people.........is it really all that bad? America losses 2000 people A MONTH on our highways and our Government has done NOTHING to improve driver education etc.

Read: War makes money, drivers ed doesn't.

Sad, really sad.

:(

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Illegal Immigration - word ILLEGAL is the key here. I'm an immigrant and had to go thru the legal process to get there.

Reality:[/U] If government really wanted to stop illegal immigration (which they don't based on their actions) they would simply:
a) not allow illegal immigrants to get licenses
b) not allow their kids to go to school
c) deny them healthcare
d) REALLY go after companies that hire illegal immigrants
e) this is the best one: deport them? What was the last time that happened unless someone commits a crime?

Ok, so far as illegal immigration goes, it should first be noted that a large percentage of illegal immigrants are those who overstayed their visas. Therefore many of this list posted wouldn't do anything.

a) Agreed, illegal immigrants should not be allowed to get licenses. However you run into the problem that many of them will still drive and now they have no identification if they cause an accident.
b) Not allowing their kids to go to school is a solution that punishes the person who didn't commit the crime. The kids.
c) Emergency rooms cannot legally deny anyone emergency care. Which means that illegal immigrants will just go to the emergency room and good luck getting them to pay. Now you run into the problem of forcing the public to cover that cost in increased medical care costs.
d) Absolutely, immigrants wouldn't come here illegally if no one was willing to hire them. But most Americans have gotten lazy and are often unwilling to do the work that illegal immigrants do for the pay. Which would mean things like crops going unharvested. I do not know a good solution for this.
e) Deportation costs money. In addition, even though an immigrant is here illegally, they still have rights. Also, though a person may be here illegally, they may have a child that was born here. So now you have the choice of separating a parent and child or deporting the child, a person who is ONLY a legal citizen of the US.

Nothing is ever as simple as the conservative solution pretends it is.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Liberal Christians are fucking up deportation by creating safe zones and trying to act like Jesus. They are helping lots of people to be criminals which just shows that they actually hate them, just as welfare causes people to become bums. You can only help people if you kick them. Ask any good conservative about that.

BUnit1701

May 1, 2013
Ok, so far as illegal immigration goes, it should first be noted that a large percentage of illegal immigrants are those who overstayed their visas. Therefore many of this list posted wouldn't do anything.

a) Agreed, illegal immigrants should not be allowed to get licenses. However you run into the problem that many of them will still drive and now they have no identification if they cause an accident.
That's easy, when we pick them up with no ID, deport their ass!

b) Not allowing their kids to go to school is a solution that punishes the person who didn't commit the crime. The kids.
I think it's high time you people accept there is no way to fix this were everyone wins. It sucks for the kid but its not our problem or fault.

c) Emergency rooms cannot legally deny anyone emergency care. Which means that illegal immigrants will just go to the emergency room and good luck getting them to pay. Now you run into the problem of forcing the public to cover that cost in increased medical care costs.
It would not be difficult to fix this policy oversight.

d) Absolutely, immigrants wouldn't come here illegally if no one was willing to hire them. But most Americans have gotten lazy and are often unwilling to do the work that illegal immigrants do for the pay. Which would mean things like crops going unharvested. I do not know a good solution for this.
Absolute bullshit. The farmer may have to pay a reasonable wage, but he will have to do that once these illegals are brought 'out of the shadows' anyhow. So, it seems like a simple choice to me, pay more in taxes to keep the unemployed fed, or pay more for food and get those jobless into the fields.

e) Deportation costs money. In addition, even though an immigrant is here illegally, they still have rights. Also, though a person may be here illegally, they may have a child that was born here. So now you have the choice of separating a parent and child or deporting the child, a person who is ONLY a legal citizen of the US.
So your answer is to reward the lawbreaker with citizenship? As I said earlier, we have no obligation to these children, they are the parent(s) responsibility.

Bottom line is something has to be done, and a great many American CITIZENS feel rewarding those who avoided the legal route to join us as citizens is a very bad policy decision.

BUnit1701

May 1, 2013
I like lettuce but don't want to pick it. Don't want to pay a million bucks for it either.

You folks who use these weak arguments about food prices understand that once these folks are legalized, the farmers will be required to pay minimum wage, right? Thats going to be much more than they are currently paying.

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009

Failure on Government part. They should have some kind of a "fly back" checkbox and make sure people leave.

Sorry

You can't prevent/cover every little thing. Nothing is perfect.

and self resolved problem as no illegal immigration would be happening once those issues are addressed (in time of course).

Guess what, it's not my problem, it's not your problem and neither of us should pay for that.

If they were born in America (illegally) give them a choice to either stay on their own (without states help) or go back with parents.

Sorry

Change the stupid law, we all know our justice system is broken/FUBAR.

Deny them service.....or send them back to country and let them handle their citizens.

Sorry, they are ILLEGAL, they have NO RIGHTS

Americans need to be less lazy and take on responsibility. But I think PLENTY of people are looking for jobs right now.

If they don't want shitty jobs, few years with no job will force them to do so.

;)

Keeping them here, paying for School, DMV costs, health care etc costs MORE Money.

;)

Kids that were born here could go with their parents.....sorry. Life is not fair.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
My wife who legally immigrated has the same feelings as you do when it comes to illegal immigration. Even though we had been married 12 years and she had a previous green card (went back due to family issues and I was working more in SE Asia than the states) it took over 18 months to get a new immigrant visa/green card.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You folks who use these weak arguments about food prices understand that once these folks are legalized, the farmers will be required to pay minimum wage, right? Thats going to be much more than they are currently paying.

Good, lettuce sales will go up and the farmer will make more and be able to pay more. You know that raising wages is good, no? If you don't please don't tell me some altered reality shit you ate from come conservative brain dead bubble your were propagandized with somewhere. I'm up to my eyeballs in conservative bull shit.

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
My wife who legally immigrated has the same feelings as you do when it comes to illegal immigration. Even though we had been married 12 years and she had a previous green card (went back due to family issues and I was working more in SE Asia than the states) it took over 18 months to get a new immigrant visa/green card.

yep, I went through the same process.

Winning a green card is like winning a lottery in some of these countries. We went through the legal process, so should everyone else.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
A bigger drop in the bucket is still just a drop in the bucket.

My drop is bigger than yours. That's the important thing. Liberals are better than conservatives at doing the right thing. Did you know that both Bush and Romney speak fluent Spanish, wear sombreros and drink Mexican beer. Yup. Everybody knows that, right? I wonder why. I think it's trying to compensate for the inferior size of their drop. They remind me of you.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
My drop is bigger than yours. That's the important thing. Liberals are better than conservatives at doing the right thing. Did you know that both Bush and Romney speak fluent Spanish, wear sombreros and drink Mexican beer. Yup. Everybody knows that, right? I wonder why. I think it's trying to compensate for the inferior size of their drop. They remind me of you.

Your sad attempt at humor is not going to detract from your lame statistic.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Wow, looks like someone could use a gallon of pudding as their hate is full effect in 99% of their posts today. I can't imagine living with that much hate in my life.

You ever see The Water Boy where the mom is so obsessed with the devil she mumbles it in her sleep? I can just imagine Moonbeam mumbling Brain Defect all through the night.....

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You ever see The Water Boy where the mom is so obsessed with the devil she mumbles it in her sleep? I can just imagine Moonbeam mumbling Brain Defect all through the night.....

Only when I dream about you which is never. But glad to see you are beginning to expect that there is something the matter with your gray matter.