Plant Based Diets, better health?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
- Bruh my mom made plenty of homecooked Indian food. There is plenty of butter/oil in that too, and its usually served with a mountain of starch as well (pile of white rice, roti/puri/naan/etc). If it isn't bean/lentile based, its a bit lacking in protein too, so you end up eating A LOT because you're just not getting the satiety signals.

Indian restaurant food (at least here in the US) is also heavily influenced by Punjabi food (which tends to be richer in general), and most of the crap you eat at those Indian lunch buffet places comes out of a plastic bag and is batch cooked at a central distro facility.
There's a great Bangladeshi (I think) take away in my village but that's still full of ghee. It's good though!
The stuff in Wolverhampton was all dhaals and pulses and breads. It was ace. I miss the food but Wolverhampton is a bit of a dump.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
... Whatever your opinion of anything above, if you intend on going vegan, please do not forget to take a B12 supplement. The only source is bacteria in ruminant animals, and if you're off meat and cheese, you aren't getting it. Lack of B12 can quite literally make you crazy eventually.