PIXAR'S RATATOUILLE

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: spacejamz

Sorry but the idea of a rat from the sewer cooking in a kitchen (I know it is just a movie) doesn't appeal to me. the movie does look amazing on blu ray though...

But that's the whole point! It wouldn't have nearly the same resonance if it were a bird or a hedgehog or something. It's the ultimate underdog story, about being born gifted with the genius to do this one thing that the rest of the world says you cannot and should not do simply because of who and what you are. And it made me very, very hungry.

Waaaaaaalll-eeeee!

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
My favorite visual is near the end of the movie when his rat buddies come to help out and he tells them they have to wash up. The rats packed side to side in a dish rack with all their fur sticking out and steam rising from the dish machine is genius!

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Originally posted by: rrahman1
i don't know what it is about this movie, but everytime my kid's watch it..i'm glued to the tv. i've seen it 10 times maybe and still am not tired of it! it's a feel good movie.....very well done. peter o'toole is amazing an Ego..... the part where he first takes a bite of ratatouille is one of the best sequences in a movie ever.

anyone else feel it deserved movie of the year?

I'm glad you liked it !
I think it deserves an award of some kind, but then I'm biased

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
i didnt really care for it, but im starting to get tired of movies personifying animals or inanimate objects. sometimes they have some cute bits or good jokes, theyve just kinda gotten old to me

my kids liked it, i think theres a copy around here somewhere but im not about to hunt it down.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: sirjonk

Sorry but the idea of a rat from the sewer cooking in a kitchen (I know it is just a movie) doesn't appeal to me. the movie does look amazing on blu ray though...

But that's the whole point! It wouldn't have nearly the same resonance if it were a bird or a hedgehog or something. It's the ultimate underdog story, about being born gifted with the genius to do this one thing that the rest of the world says you cannot and should not do simply because of who and what you are. And it made me very, very hungry.

Waaaaaaalll-eeeee!

sorry but a disease infested sewer creature in a kitchen ruins my appetite...

when mommy has to explain to little johhny why they have to kill rats in real will be more uncomfortable after little johhny watches this movie and thinks that wild rats can become a pet or something.

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
the end just bugs me. I have trouble with seeing what was going on, no matter how well animated and how lovable the characters sorta were. I am not one of those people who can't suspend disbelief during a movie but for end I found it near impossible to do so.

Everything else about the movie i adored and loved.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Born2bwire
Originally posted by: Ktulu
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
Originally posted by: yamadakun
Originally posted by: EGGO
I always think I wouldn't like the next Pixar movie by their commercials, but man am I ever wrong when I finally see it.

So true.

Talking fish?
Another action hero?
Talking cars?
Rat chef?
Same here, they just keep surprising me.

Me too :heart:

Hahah, that looks like it's going to be pretty good.

LOL, that is TOTALLY the squirrel from Ice Age, just roboticized.

May 31, 2001
The Incredibles is still my favorite PIXAR film, but I liked Ratatouille a lot.

In other PIXAR news, Toy Story and Toy Story 2 will be re-released in theatres in 3D, before Toy Story 3 comes out. Toy Story 3 will also be in 3D.

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
Originally posted by: sirjonk

Waaaaaaalll-eeeee!

sorry but a disease infested sewer creature in a kitchen ruins my appetite...

when mommy has to explain to little johhny why they have to kill rats in real will be more uncomfortable after little johhny watches this movie and thinks that wild rats can become a pet or something.

I think the kids will survive. It's not like Disney and Warner Bros. haven't been transforming the image of animals for ages now.