PIXAR'S RATATOUILLE

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
i don't know what it is about this movie, but everytime my kid's watch it..i'm glued to the tv. i've seen it 10 times maybe and still am not tired of it! it's a feel good movie.....very well done. peter o'toole is amazing an Ego..... the part where he first takes a bite of ratatouille is one of the best sequences in a movie ever.

anyone else feel it deserved movie of the year?

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
I always think I wouldn't like the next Pixar movie by their commercials, but man am I ever wrong when I finally see it.

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005
Originally posted by: EGGO
I always think I wouldn't like the next Pixar movie by their commercials, but man am I ever wrong when I finally see it.

So true.

Talking fish?
Another action hero?
Talking cars?
Rat chef?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: yamadakun

So true.

Talking fish?
Another action hero?
Talking cars?
Rat chef?
Same here, they just keep surprising me.

Mar 11, 2004
I agree, that somehow, they keep winning me over. However, I have to say I'm liking their movies less and less (its not that I'm liking the movies less, its more that I'm less interested). I actually fell asleep during Finding Nemo. Even with how good they are, I think I still like some of the hand drawn Disney stuff quite a bit better, with veiled or blatant racism and other things included (but I grew up with those whereas I really didn't with Pixar's stuff). I think they're getting to the point where they're getting close to making too many movies. I wouldn't mind them trying their hand at making more mature (but not more foul-mouthed/violent/graphic/sexual) movies. There's plenty of good stories out there that are mature, but you don't need to be really graphic with it (take the Metroid games for instance).

indamixx99

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2006
Yeah i remember coming out of the theater feeling pretty good. It's one of those movies that cheers you up. I can't wait for Wall-E to come out this summer. :)

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
One of the best animated movies 2D or 3D I've ever seen! Touching, moving, cute, uplifting, funny, leaves one feeling great coming out of the theatre.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
decent movie.

Liked toy story & nemo better.

did not like cars. bugs life (was that pixar too??) was medicore.

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
Wish there was more cooking :( Could have been a tad longer and a little more adventurous (think a bugs life)

OhSnap688

Golden Member
Sep 29, 2006
I haven't seen it yet. But is this the one that people say is similar to the holocaust story or something? Or am I thinking about the wrong movie.

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
idk, I cound barely finish it, I have found a lot of that type of films I liked more like monsters inc etc...not sure why I didnt care for it that much.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Ktulu
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
Originally posted by: yamadakun

So true.

Talking fish?
Another action hero?
Talking cars?
Rat chef?
Same here, they just keep surprising me.

Me too :heart:

Hahah, that looks like it's going to be pretty good.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003

Sorry but the idea of a rat from the sewer cooking in a kitchen (I know it is just a movie) doesn't appeal to me. the movie does look amazing on blu ray though...

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Great movie. The fact that Thomas Keller was an advisor and had a bit part made it even better for me. I :heart: Thomas Keller.

KT

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Ratatouille was alright. I'm more interested in seeing <nasally voice>WAAAAALL-E</nasally voice>.

Originally posted by: OhSnap688
I haven't seen it yet. But is this the one that people say is similar to the holocaust story or something? Or am I thinking about the wrong movie.

Wrong movie, Snaps :p.