Pirates 3

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Just came back from it. Despie the poor reviews, I thought it was really good.

Possible Spoiler:

In order to understand the first scene, you have to stay and watch the scene after the credits run.

With its mixed plot and multiple "bad guys", this is what Spiderman 3 should have been.

brownboi512

Feb 18, 2006
i thought it was pretty awesome, one of the better movies ive seen this year..there was a clip after the credits? ****** i missed it

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Going to see it tomorrow, hopefully. Really pumped, thats for sure.

EKKC

Diamond Member
May 31, 2005
how long is the end scene? if its 5 seconds, i'll watch it on DVD than to waste 10 minutes of my life through scrolling credits

kthxbye

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: EKKC
how long is the end scene? if its 5 seconds, i'll watch it on DVD than to waste 10 minutes of my life through scrolling credits

kthxbye

it was about 40 seconds....but it explains alot and it actually gives you some insight on what the next sequal (if there is one) will have.

Hyperblaze

Lifer
May 31, 2001
I wasn't impressed with the 3 second scene after the credit roll of X-Men III

Wasted 5 mins to watch a 3 second scene. Not impressed

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Gibson486

kthxbye

it was about 40 seconds....but it explains alot and it actually gives you some insight on what the next sequal (if there is one) will have.

good to know :thumbsup:

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Snape kills Davey Jones!

Jun 27, 2005

kthxbye

You'll wait three months to see something when you could just sit and wait an extra ten minutes? :confused:

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Just came back from it. It was a really fun movie, but not worth 4 hours of waiting IMO. Luckily my friends stood in line and I came at the last minute. :D The audience was really into it. :thumbsup:

enwar3

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2005
Ok, just came back.

I thought it was funny! Kinda confusing, but still pretty hilarious.

And can someone PM what happens at the end of the credits? Cuz I didn't stay for the whole thing. I don't even remember what the first scene is. =(

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: enwar3
Ok, just came back.

I thought it was funny! Kinda confusing, but still pretty hilarious.

And can someone PM what happens at the end of the credits? Cuz I didn't stay for the whole thing. I don't even remember what the first scene is. =(

PM'ed. ;)

JC86

Jan 18, 2007
damn, i left before the before the credits . . . . can someone pm me what happened too?

*spoiler alert*
What happened to Callipsa (sp?) after she turned into crabs? was the storm all it was?

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: JC86
damn, i left before the before the credits . . . . can someone pm me what happened too?

*spoiler alert*
What happened to Callipsa (sp?) after she turned into crabs? was the storm all it was?

SPOILERS

You see a scene with "10 years later", of a child singing the song "Hoist the Colours" (same song as the beginning of the movie) with Elizabeth behind and Will coming to shore. I don't get where the OP says it explains a lot about the opening scene. To me, all the opening scene was about pirate helpers being executed and a call for the Bretheren to be organized.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: BigJ

*spoiler alert*

SPOILERS

You see a scene with "10 years later", of a child singing the song "Hoist the Colours" (same song as the beginning of the movie) with Elizabeth behind and Will coming to shore. I don't get where the OP says it explains a lot about the opening scene. To me, all the opening scene was about pirate helpers being executed and a call for the Bretheren to be organized.

SPOLIER...................

That kid with Elizabeth was the same kid in the first scene.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Add Pirates 3, Spider Man 3, and Shrek the Third as movies that failed to live up to expectations.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Gibson486
Originally posted by: BigJ

*spoiler alert*

SPOILERS

SPOLIER...................

That kid with Elizabeth was the same kid in the first scene.

If it was the same kid, he would've been like 20. They may have used the same actor, but it was not the same character. The child was supposed to represent Will and Elizabeth's baby.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Rudee
Add Pirates 3, Spider Man 3, and Shrek the Third as movies that failed to live up to expectations.

Disappointed by Shrek...not as funny as the first one. Or even the second one. But not horrible. Spider-Man 3 I actually liked despite some lame scenes like the dance club and emo kid. But Pirates...

1. The fight scene lasted longer than all of the LOTR put together. I fell asleep. Literallly.
2. The ending was very unfulfilling.
3. Whatever happened to Calypso??

:|

Gerbil333

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
I went to the midnight showing with a bunch of friends and we got bored after the first hour. The writers must've been high.