Pimp C is gone.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
Originally posted by: QueBert
He is an obscure rapper that only had local fame. Outside of Texas nobody really cares.

huh? UGK sold millions of records, and had a single with Jay Z that got heavy rotation on MTV and all the urban radio stations. Their latest video has Outkast in it and was on MTV/BET a lot. I wouldn't say he was huge, but he was far from an obscure dude who only had local fame.

Your not telling me anything i didn't know. He was on Jay-z's single jay-z wasn't on his single get it right. I realize he was incredibly popular in the south but he just never had mass appeal therefore most people won't be able to tell you anything about him. I am not judging him as an artist I am just stating the truth.

I'd say 36 mafia is has far more mass appeal than UGK but they are still "the most known unknowns" and are still obscure.

Didnt know who he was until i read about him on a music blog. I had no idea he was even in the Jay-Z single or the Outkast single until i read it and i listen to those 2 songs.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: zanejohnson
Originally posted by: pontifex
He is an obscure rapper that only had local fame. Outside of Texas nobody really cares.

huh? UGK sold millions of records, and had a single with Jay Z that got heavy rotation on MTV and all the urban radio stations. Their latest video has Outkast in it and was on MTV/BET a lot. I wouldn't say he was huge, but he was far from an obscure dude who only had local fame.

it's useless lol, these people will find something to complain about no matter wtf you say.

it's like the really annoying dude who ALWAYS has to one up you, even if what he says is retarded, you know the type?

yeah, sounds like you.

i never try to one up anyone, nor do i ever portray the ever so present "holier than thou," attitude that pretty much every person who posted in this thread besides the one logical person, who agreed with me did.

nah my wife loves me

and she looks GREAT, better than 95 percents of ATOTers wives

iS THAT REALLY ANYTHING TO BE PROUD OF..LOL

remember when you said that?

mikej007

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
three six wasnt even popular until pimp c collabed with them in "sippin on some syrup"

Again, UGK was featured on 36 Mafia's track, not the other way around. And 36 became well known in '97 for "Tear Da Club Up" before "Syrup" in 2000... so Iceberg Slim's comments stand.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

Your not telling me anything i didn't know. He was on Jay-z's single jay-z wasn't on his single get it right. I realize he was incredibly popular in the south but he just never had mass appeal therefore most people won't be able to tell you anything about him. I am not judging him as an artist I am just stating the truth.

I'd say 36 mafia is has far more mass appeal than UGK but they are still "the most known unknowns" and are still obscure.

three six wasnt even popular until pimp c collabed with them in "sippin on some syrup"

BAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

just stop it man. let it go.