pics of Greg Hardy's GF after assault

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Also, couldn't she be compelled to testify or could they really just not find her?

If the prosecutors actually cared, they could and would find her. Knowing that her motivation is keeping the payoff, they could easily scare her into talking under threat of taking the money as part of a crime and possible jail time for her. The whole thing stunk of an easy out for a famous/rich player.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
If the prosecutors actually cared, they could and would find her. Knowing that her motivation is keeping the payoff, they could easily scare her into talking under threat of taking the money as part of a crime and possible jail time for her. The whole thing stunk of an easy out for a famous/rich player.

Doubtful. She can simply plead the 5th to every question and the prosecutors will have wasted hours and tax payer money for the exact same thing.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003

Yeah, I'm not super familiar with the famous/rich version of the laws, but this was my take at the time.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Doubtful. She can simply plead the 5th to every question and the prosecutors will have wasted hours and tax payer money for the exact same thing.

5th Amendment doesn't stop a subpoena to your bank which would show the money she received from Hardy. From there it isn't too difficult to add 2 +2 when she refuses to testify but they have the pics of her beaten. Is it beyond reasonable doubt? Maybe not, but I've seen people prosecuted on less.

And I'm sure there's some law that would allow them to seize the settlement money and make her show it wasn't witness tapering if she wants it back.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
There's no telling what hardy might have said to her. I think you should stop throwing her under the bus if you don't know all the details. He very well could have said take this money and go away, or I will have you killed if you testify.

And we have an even better reason to lock this dude away.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Snip~

You need to actually learn about people in abusive relationships. She might just be a money grubbing person willing to risk personal safety for the good life, but your posts show a near complete and total lack of understanding of this stuff. There's psychological factors that make people not act like they should.

Not only that, but women accusing celebrities often face a lot of other abuse from the public and/or media. (Take for instance those situations where high school athletes got accused of rape and how towns will lose their shit and turn on the victim. Hell just look at this thread where half the people are already blaming her and saying she could've been intentionally trying to get beaten just to get money. They cry about "we shouldn't jump to punishing someone ahead of time" but hey let's make rampant speculation about the victim!) If you could get money, get the hell away from the situation, and stay out of the media spotlight yourself, why the hell wouldn't you? A lot of people (and especially women) will not press charges just so they don't have to put up with the drawn out bullshit where they'll drag them through shit just as much if not more than the other person.

Blah, Blah Blah.... Bull crap.

She should testify and have his ass locked up. That is what I understand.

It wouldn't suprise me if she went back to him in a month or two.