Pics of Farve's injuries after the Saints beat down

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

holden j caufield

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 1999
can't believe people are worshiping this guy. Every week guys, play with these bruises, some with broken bones, ronnie lott played with a severed thumb, that's right severed. Did he whore himself out with pics to play the sympathy card? nope. This guy is the ultimate attention whore.

rasczak

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
can't believe people are worshiping this guy. Every week guys, play with these bruises, some with broken bones, ronnie lott played with a severed thumb, that's right severed. Did he whore himself out with pics to play the sympathy card? nope. This guy is the ultimate attention whore.

noone's worshiping him here.

holden j caufield

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 1999
noone's worshiping him here.

good, I only read the first page and everyone was saying what a warrior he was and how much more respect they have for him. Every sunday guys do the same thing without the bad acting job. People fighting for what they believe in are called warriors. A guy who is willing to screw over anybody, thinks he is above the game and rules that apply to his peers is not anything close to being someone who deserves respect.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
If he wanted to play he should have decided that sooner. If so I guarantee you he would still be a packer. That's the problem people have with him (most of us at least). That and the fact that he's never going to win the big one again because of the INTs under pressure.

He was a damn fine QB, one of the better ones all time (not top10 but top25). But let's not pretend like he's perfect or didn't have anything to do with why the "shit-talk" happens.

Ohhh, so he's beholden to Green Bay as an indentured servant, thus he *HAD* to make up his mind, otherwise he was a piece of trash to be discarded?

Please, Green Bay got a service, for that service they paid money. The service only extended to the end-date of the contract, as did the consideration for that service. The second the contract ended, the service *AND* consideration ended. Instead of letting Favre go his own way, Thompson played games.

At the end of the day, Favre's his own man. Fuck Green Bay and Wisconsin if they want him to be a slave.

As far as the "ints under pressure", QB's throw pics all of hte time "under pressure". As pointed out, Manning throws enough and could surpass Favre easily.

ric1287

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2005
yeah and its driving me nuts i can't remember it. sigh i bet at 3 am i will wake up knowing who it is and no i won't come down to post heh

Its also a completely different game now compared to the 60's. The worst athlete on a modern team would destroy pretty much every old timer. Size, speed, strength...everything is amplified in the current game.

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
what does this matter? the "Business" side of football took over and the organization wanted to go with a younger fresher qb (hence why they wanted to have an "open" competition.) they were never going to give brett a chance to win that job, we all know that. they just didn't want him to go somewhere else that could possibly ruin their chances of going to the SB (like they really had one that year.) look at your organization first then the player. i understand you're a packer fan first, but from my POV favre not being a packer fan anymore, did what was best for HIS career and aligned himself with the team he thought gave him and them the best chance to succeed. wouldn't you do the same once you've been let go from your job?

I'll certainly agree with you that Brett is pursuing his own best interests -- without regard for the team and fans that supported him through the years. I understand that because you see football as a business and players as private contractors, this seems very reasonable to you. It wasn't always this way, and we "old school" Packer fans still put extra value on players who remind us of the legendary Packer players that just loved playing the game (for the game's sake rather than for the money) and treasured being a part of the team (rather than not caring which team they played for). Given the enthusiasm with which Brett has always played, we thought he was a rare throw-back to those "good old days". It's disappointing to find out we were so wrong.

We'll probably never know exactly who said what to whom, but the bottom line is that Favre decided to retire. You'll remember that he didn't want to undergo the surgery (which he had done last summer...) that even he thought he'd need to continue playing. If he had not decided to retire, there is no way that he wouldn't have continued as the starting QB. To think otherwise is to seriously underestimate how passionately Packer fans felt about Brett. Frankly, I think Brett also doubted the Packers could make it back to the NFC championship game and didn't want to endure another period of "rebuilding".

So IMHO the more fitting anaolgy would be this. If my decision to retire from a company that had treated me well for many years was hastened a bit by an unfavorable organization change and a gloomy company outlook, would I be bitter about it and seek to directly compete against them by joining a long-time competitor? No, I don't think I would.

P.S. -- There isn't a defense in football that doesn't want to drop the opposing QB early and often. This isn't some new idea that the Saints came up with! It's been no secret (particularly later in his career) that Brett is prone to throw interceptions when pressured. The Saints did a good (mostly clean) job of it.