Picked up a new handgun on monday.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
I picked up this beautiful Sig Sauer P229R on Monday. It is a .40 S&W version, with factory night sights. With the ammo I got an out the door price of $750.

pic 1

pic 2

Sig vs Glock vs HK vs 1911

Just thought I would share the new toy. It should make for a nice CCW piece, just gotta get the crimson trace laser grips I want to get for it.

I am going to go back to the same fun store in a week or so and pick up the Glock 20 in 10mm I have also been wanting.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: adairusmc
I picked up this beautiful Sig Sauer P229R on Monday. It is a .40 S&W version, with factory night sights. With the ammo I got an out the door price of $750.

pic 1

pic 2

Just thought I would share the new toy. It should make for a nice CCW piece, just gotta get the crimson trace laser grips I want to get for it.

I am going to go back to the same fun store in a week or so and pick up the Glock 20 in 10mm I have also been wanting.

How do you like the Sig compared to the Glock? I own a Glock, along with a few other handguns, and a couple friends of mine own Sigs and various Glocks and I've fired them all over the years but just didn't notice a big enough difference in reliability/accuracy between the Sig and the Glock to justify the price difference.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus

pic 1

pic 2

How do you like the Sig compared to the Glock? I own a Glock, along with a few other handguns, and a couple friends of mine own Sigs and various Glocks and I've fired them all over the years but just didn't notice a big enough difference in reliability/accuracy between the Sig and the Glock to justify the price difference.

I like the way the sig fits my hand and points over the glock, that is for sure. It is heavier, but it is not a polymer framed handgun either. I like them both though, but I definitely prefer the HK platform myself. I do like that I can run lead cast bullets through the sig though, due to its standard rifling. The polygonal rifling on the glock and the HK pistols is not good at all for lead cast bullets. I make my own bullets and re-load, to help save money. With polygonal rifling, you want jacketed bullets only.

I had never owned a sig 229 before, and that was a price that I could not turn down, so I decided to go for it. I had been looking at it for a while though, deciding between it and the 10mm. I decided to eventually get both.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999

pic 1

pic 2

When I was looking for a pistol I looked at each of these guns. All of them are excellent - and about equal in reliability and accuracy.

IMO all of them are still too big for a CCW though.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Originally posted by: KB

pic 1

pic 2

When I was looking for a pistol I looked at each of these guns. All of them are excellent - and about equal in reliability and accuracy.

I dunno, with the right holster you can CCW just about anything. I have a nice IWB holster for the USP45 tactical that makes it completely invisible even with a tucked shirt.

I am gonna get the same type of holster for the Sig (comp-tac CTAC).

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: KB

pic 1

pic 2

I dunno, with the right holster you can CCW just about anything. I have a nice IWB holster for the USP45 tactical that makes it completely invisible even with a tucked shirt.

I am gonna get the same type of holster for the Sig (comp-tac CTAC).

That depends on your physical size too, there is no way I could CCW anything larger than a P239.

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: randay
Originally posted by: tfinch2
I had never owned a sig before, and that was a price that I could not turn down, so I decided to go for it.

In a thread from a few months ago where everyone was listing what guns they owned, you showed a picture of 2 Sig 220's. :confused:

EDIT: Here it is:

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...ght_key=y&keyword1=gun

lol

Busted! I was going to share my love of sigs too. :(

Had a 229 .40, currently have a 226 9mm and trailside.

apac

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Josh
I had never owned a sig before, and that was a price that I could not turn down, so I decided to go for it.

In a thread from a few months ago where everyone was listing what guns they owned, you showed a picture of 2 Sig 220's. :confused:

lol

:laugh:

Thread just went from average to spectacular.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: apac
Originally posted by: Josh

lol

:laugh:

Thread just went from average to spectacular.

i know its early in 2008 but thats ownage of the year material right there

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
never underestimate the ability of someone to remember some random pic/thread you posted and then call you out on it.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: JohnCU
never underestimate the ability of someone to remember some random pic/thread you posted and then call you out on it.

I find your lack of faith...disturbing.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
Originally posted by: JohnCU

I find your lack of faith...disturbing.

:(:brokenheart:

randalee

Nov 7, 2001

10mm has become my favorite round. I carry a compact GLOCK 29 in 10mm. If I'm out in the woods, I fill it with heavy cast lead full-house loads. Around home and town, normal JHPs. With all of the bear activity in the area lately, I wanted something a little more 'magnum'.

EDIT -- just finished reading the thread. You're one of my favorite guys here on the forum. Please set us straight, fess up or something, I'm kind-of disappointed...