Phoenix Threatened by Riots

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: cwjerome

I do not fear overbreeding (and I do not fear illegal aliens) and my position has nothing to do with how many people there are in the US. So forget that line of thinking. I could pretty much care less if there's 250, 300, or 350 million citizens.

That's nice, but why are you responding to me as though I were addressing you?

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

I want this nation to retain its English language Judeo-Christian heritage, I.

Thanks for your honesty :)

"Them messicans talk and eat funny!"

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
Originally posted by: Darwin333

And if there are a 100 million able bodied people working legally, paying taxes, increasing productivity, maybe we can compete with china's 1 billion for a longer period of time :)

Therein lies the problem. Sure they may be able bodied people but they will keep wages at rock bottom (even if you make them all legal) so they will pay very minimal taxes if any at all. If immigrants get EITC then a very large portion of them might get MORE money back then they actually pay in.

So... You have a hundred million, plus whoever is still here and still coming, paying minimal taxes but they are using public services. Schools, health care, police/fire services, housing assistance, food stamps, etc...

We are seeing illegal immigrants putting strains on those services already and you want to throw another 100 million into the mix? That is simply absurd.

Then again, since your worried about "competing with China" perhaps you are advocating giving those 100 million people the same living conditions/services as China gives their unskilled workers?

Now you are being nonsensical. I ask you again, if you are so afraid of illegal immigrants shouldn't you be afraid of overbreeding for the same reason? And if these people are no longer ILLEGAL and they are fully incorporated into the american system, wouldn't they be no different than other americans? Wouldn't they be providing more than "minimal" benefit to the economy? One of the anti immigration links in here invoked the fact illegal immigrants kill regular americans whose lost wages represent lost productivity. So if each american represents productivity, why not have more americans?

What I'm afraid of is overbreeding illegal aliens. :p

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004

I do not fear overbreeding (and I do not fear illegal aliens) and my position has nothing to do with how many people there are in the US. So forget that line of thinking. I could pretty much care less if there's 250, 300, or 350 million citizens.

That's nice, but why are you responding to me as though I were addressing you?

Because I doubt you understand the larger argument.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004

Apparently you are unable to distinguish between racism and believing some ideals, concepts, and principles are better than others.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

Apparently you are unable to distinguish between racism and believing some ideals, concepts, and principles are better than others.
Why should he bother to learn the difference? After all, the Race Card has always been effective enough for him to avoid making any legitimate points!