PfP - what car pulls the most wool?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
hqdefault.jpg

I have a '10 Camaro, when it was new, I had *far* more males interested in it than females.

Try your winning personality, not a car.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
I read a while ago that in order of attractivness:
Blacked out Jeeps (seriously)
Black trucks
Sports cars

Tormac

Feb 3, 2011
From personal experience, the things that attract women to cars are the looks, luxury, and a feeling of expense. Few women that I have met actually know or care much about cars, (forgive me all you motor-head ladies out there, I know there are some of you). If women are going to judge you on your car, you will get points if the outside of the car looks exotic and expensive, and if the inside of the cool is luxurious and expensive.

I have come to this conclusion by comparing and contrasting the reactions my old Toyota MR-2 and Lotus Elise received. Girl I was dating at the time loved my MR-2, it was fun to drive with the top down, it looked cool on the outside, and was relatively luxurious on the inside. I sold the MR-2 and bought a Lotus Elise. She was very “ehh” about the Elise, because the MR-2 had a more comfortable and expensive feeling interior.

I ran into that a lot with the Lotus. Women would almost stalk me because of that car, until they realized that it was not actually a 100k Ferrari. Even female friends loved to complain about my Lotus whenever I would drive us around, always trying to talk me into buying a (shutter) boxter or miata. It was because while the Lotus looks cool on the outside, the inside did not feel expensive or luxurious (and they really did not care about cars beyond how “cool” they felt). I have found this pattern over my 30+ years of chasing women.

If you want to try to attract women with your car, you want a car that stands out and looks expensive on the outside, and feels expensive and luxurious on the inside, regardless of how much it actually costs. There will be exceptions; women who are serious about the environment will be impressed with a Tesla, but maybe not a Lambo, women who are motor-heads may love a new Camaro SS, but be “ehh” about a new Lincoln.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
From personal experience, the things that attract women to cars are the looks, luxury, and a feeling of expense. Few women that I have met actually know or care much about cars, (forgive me all you motor-head ladies out there, I know there are some of you). If women are going to judge you on your car, you will get points if the outside of the car looks exotic and expensive, and if the inside of the cool is luxurious and expensive.

I have come to this conclusion by comparing and contrasting the reactions my old Toyota MR-2 and Lotus Elise received. Girl I was dating at the time loved my MR-2, it was fun to drive with the top down, it looked cool on the outside, and was relatively luxurious on the inside. I sold the MR-2 and bought a Lotus Elise. She was very “ehh” about the Elise, because the MR-2 had a more comfortable and expensive feeling interior.

I ran into that a lot with the Lotus. Women would almost stalk me because of that car, until they realized that it was not actually a 100k Ferrari. Even female friends loved to complain about my Lotus whenever I would drive us around, always trying to talk me into buying a (shutter) boxter or miata. It was because while the Lotus looks cool on the outside, the inside did not feel expensive or luxurious (and they really did not care about cars beyond how “cool” they felt). I have found this pattern over my 30+ years of chasing women.

If you want to try to attract women with your car, you want a car that stands out and looks expensive on the outside, and feels expensive and luxurious on the inside, regardless of how much it actually costs. There will be exceptions; women who are serious about the environment will be impressed with a Tesla, but maybe not a Lambo, women who are motor-heads may love a new Camaro SS, but be “ehh” about a new Lincoln.

My wife really liked the Lotus Elise. She would probably be fine with me having one but I know I couldn't live with it on a daily basis.

Feb 25, 2011
Any expensive European car will do the job - bang for the buck will just depend on which 2-3 year old ones have depreciated the most. New enough to get looks, old enough to be affordable.

The downside is, well, you're stuck sleeping with the kind of women who will sleep with you because you have a "cool" (expensive) car.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Any expensive European car will do the job - bang for the buck will just depend on which 2-3 year old ones have depreciated the most. New enough to get looks, old enough to be affordable.

The downside is, well, you're stuck sleeping with the kind of women who will sleep with you because you have a "cool" (expensive) car.

Yep...basically if you're relying on a car to attract women, you're doing it wrong.

Feb 25, 2011
Yep...basically if you're relying on a car to attract women, you're doing it wrong.
Well, the counterargument is "doesn't matter, had sex." And if that's what you're after, that's your business.

But I have emotional needs and I'm not afraid to admit it.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

My wife and I both have expensive European cars. I don't mind sleeping with her quite honestly. Been married to her for almost 25 years now.

Feb 25, 2011
My wife and I both have expensive European cars. I don't mind sleeping with her quite honestly. Been married to her for almost 25 years now.

Causation is key.

Unless she threatens to Lysistrata your ass for looking at a Camry, the kind of car you drive is probably incidental to your relationship.

As opposed to the justification for it. Which would just be weird.

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
When I met my wife I was driving a 1976 Toyota Corona.

38366700001_original.jpg

It was even this color. So yeah, if you are relying on your car you are doing it wrong.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
You should have seen the Subaru exhibit at the Los Angeles Auto Show this year. I never saw so many metro sexual dudes in their 20s and 30s in my life, all of them carrying purses.

I believe it. The only woman whose opinion I have on the car is my girlfriend and she hates it.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Stop and ask yourself what kind of woman would be interested in you only because of the car your driving, it's called "gold-digger". That's not to say you should ride around in a '98 Saturn, but in the long run your better off with a woman who likes YOU, not so much what you drive.