People who are voting for Bush...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: nutxo
Fair

More

nice links, you can even order the tinfoil to make a hat from the same site!
I'm afraid it's you that has the tinfoil hat Nutzo, my dear.

funny, it says wool and made in bangladesh

thats an X in my nick :)

That site doesnt seem to be as fair as it's name would imply. It seesm like a slam site for people with an agenda. I would never think of linking to Rush, why would you link to those crackpots?

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: DanJ
Originally posted by: bozack
Lesser of two evils, Kerry is a moron and would waffle us to death with flip flopping on the issues..

Like how the war was about WMD's/9-11/Al Qaeda/Uranium/Empty Tubes/Grave DANGER/Freeing Iraq/Saddam's a bad man though he wasn't an imminent threat/Democracy (essentially Nation Building which he was totally against in the 2000 election debates).

Solid as a rock!

he wasn't an imminent threat/Democracy

honestly I find that hard to stomach....even if he wasn't an imminent threat to *us* he was a complete ace hole and no matter what the reason for his being taken out of power it was ultimately a good thing....at least Bush sticks to his guns with most of the core issues of his campaign, Kerry on the other hand is the perfect used car salesman..tell you one thing and their either change their mind or do another. Doesn't matter anyway because he will lose, he will have no power in the south and it will kill him, even with Edwards as a running mate it will do no good, once word about his anti vietnam stuff goes mainsteam he is sunk.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Ok Moonie, I know you plop this turd all over the place (*snicker*) but I found this funny,

The story should also have noted that some scenarios showed Gore coming out ahead. For example, a vote-by-vote review of untallied ballots by The Associated Press and seven other news organizations found Bush would have narrowly prevailed in the partial recounts sought by Gore, but that Gore would have finished ahead by the barest of margins had he pursued and gained a complete statewide recount.
lol
How many recounts did we have? Where did all these extra votes keep coming from? Don't you think it's suspicious that each recount gets Gore a bit more and more closer to victory? Heck, let's keep recounting until we get the results we want! :D not gonna happen. 1 recount is enough for me.

Your first link is just wacky. You're claiming that Gore lost because a paper was not providing 100% of the information? that is just HILARIOUS. Name me ONE time that a newspaper has ever told the complete story. Gore lost because he didn't get enough votes. Not because a newspaper didn't do it's job.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
I dunno man, I think USA today is part of the right wing propaganda machine

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Fair

More

The problem with their analysis is that slight dimple, a pinprick or even a hanging chad IS NOT A VOTE!....

The people in Flordia did not know how to follow directions.

Just like in my state...if you dont do the ballot right...and it says it on the ballot...your vote will not count.

PS.....Its Algores fault that the recount didn't go his way....if he would have allowed the results to be certified then contested, there would have been plenty of time...He and his lawyers didn't follow the rules either...so nah nah nuh boo boo

daclayman

Golden Member
Sep 27, 2000
I voted for presidential candidate Results. I haven't seen a lot of Mr. Results campaigning or heard much about his policies, but I believe that Mr. Results will do a better job of leading this country into a brigher tomorrow than Chimpy, the unelected.

:beer:

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: tallest1
I for the most part respect the Bush-supporters here who have valid reasons for wanting to re-elect Bush,

but i dispise the folks who think that only bush can fight this war on terrorism. What do they think Kerry/Dean would do? Use the homeland security money to build a theme park? Give Bin Laden a slap on the wrist?

they would do nothing and saddam would still be in power. more specifically they would go to the UN for every little thing with no regard to whats actually best for the US.

this is actually the fundamental differnce between republicans and democrats as far as foreign policy. the democrats priorities are to:
(1) act in the best interest of the international community
(2) act in the best interest of the US
the republican priorities are to:
(1) act in the best interest of the US
(2) act in the best interest of the international community

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Fair

More

funny, it says wool and made in bangladesh

thats an X in my nick :)

That site doesnt seem to be as fair as it's name would imply. It seesm like a slam site for people with an agenda. I would never think of linking to Rush, why would you link to those crackpots?

Hey nutzo, the last time I linked to that site the right windged brainwash job I was speaking to had some edumication and changed his mind cause he knowed about and respected that source. Acourse your source, being as how you don't know nutten is nutzo and that's one you can really trust, I'm sure.

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Bull sh!t. The votes were counted after the election. Gore won. He won according to the ballots count. The ballots were finally counted. You can interpreted anything you want but you can't change numbers. Gore got the most legal votes. Bush stole the election. Why do you think he sued to have the count stopped. They knew from the exit polls who won. Bush knew he lost. That's why he stopped the vote count.

from what i remember even the most libral news organizations reported that bush had more votes, some reported that the only scenario where gore would have ended up with more votes is if the most liberal interpretation of a vote was used, and only in democratic strongholds. by liberal, i mean even a dimpled chad counted as a vote. and i have no idea what you mean by 'legal' votes.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Ok Moonie, I know you plop this turd all over the place (*snicker*) but I found this funny,

The story should also have noted that some scenarios showed Gore coming out ahead. For example, a vote-by-vote review of untallied ballots by The Associated Press and seven other news organizations found Bush would have narrowly prevailed in the partial recounts sought by Gore, but that Gore would have finished ahead by the barest of margins had he pursued and gained a complete statewide recount.
lol
How many recounts did we have? Where did all these extra votes keep coming from? Don't you think it's suspicious that each recount gets Gore a bit more and more closer to victory? Heck, let's keep recounting until we get the results we want! :D not gonna happen. 1 recount is enough for me.

Your first link is just wacky. You're claiming that Gore lost because a paper was not providing 100% of the information? that is just HILARIOUS. Name me ONE time that a newspaper has ever told the complete story. Gore lost because he didn't get enough votes. Not because a newspaper didn't do it's job.
Another ignorant putz chimes in. The smell you smell is the stink of your President's illigitimacy and it's mpt funny. LOL what, numbie, the quote you're chuckling at says that Gore Won. Too bad you can't understand English. It says that Gore got the most votes in the whole state. That is how you are supposed to win an election, but have your Daddy's friends select you.

How many recounts did we have? Not as many as you think. The same results were just resubmitted again and again. That's another joke you didn't hear about. One recount is enough for you. You are nobody. It's what written in law that counts. Recount is part of law. The law also allowed for the counting of votes showing voter intent. Votes were eliminated even where Gore's name was written and circled. But as part of the party of principle I'm sure you don't care. You can't even trouble yourself with the simplest facts.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: josphII
Bull sh!t. The votes were counted after the election. Gore won. He won according to the ballots count. The ballots were finally counted. You can interpreted anything you want but you can't change numbers. Gore got the most legal votes. Bush stole the election. Why do you think he sued to have the count stopped. They knew from the exit polls who won. Bush knew he lost. That's why he stopped the vote count.

from what i remember even the most libral news organizations reported that bush had more votes, some reported that the only scenario where gore would have ended up with more votes is if the most liberal interpretation of a vote was used, and only in democratic strongholds. by liberal, i mean even a dimpled chad counted as a vote. and i have no idea what you mean by 'legal' votes.

That'sa right, the papers lied. The florida law was unambiguous that voter intent was to be taken into account in recounting votes. Votes showing voter intent are legal. Gore won state wide, not my counting democratic areas only where he obviously won by a wide margin. What legal means is in the dictionary and in Florida law books. Gore got the most legal votes in Florida state wide. That means he won the election, but the vote count was stopped.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
It's not safe to have a demLib in the w/house...unless you can dig up JFK and clone him and his demPolitical beliefs...

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: josphII

That'sa right, the papers lied. The florida law was unambiguous that voter intent was to be taken into account in recounting votes. Votes showing voter intent are legal. Gore won state wide, not my counting democratic areas only where he obviously won by a wide margin. What legal means is in the dictionary and in Florida law books. Gore got the most legal votes in Florida state wide. That means he won the election, but the vote count was stopped.

so a dimpled chad demonstrates voter intent? because thats the only standard by which gore may have had more votes. and if you want to go by florida law then you have to abide by the deadlines. but hey, if you can choose which laws to abide by, ala the democratic florida supreme court, and interpret other laws in any foolish fashion you deem necessary, then yeah gore may have won. and if you want to talk about legal then how about talk about how the judicial branch of the government has no constitutional right to interfere in elections, which is what the lower court judge ruled and the us supreme court unheld.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Bush is a religious democrat that is big military and national defense.

The only reason why I would ever vote for him is for his foreign policy standpoints.

I wish the Repubs would run somebody else this year.