People need to stop having sex out of wedlock.

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheOmegaCode

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: xirtam
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake! You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else! We are all part of the same compost heap. We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world. You are not your bank account, you are not the clothes you wear, you are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your bowel cancer, you are not your grande latte, you are not the car you drive.
You are not your fscking khaki's...

You think people have kids out of wedlock is bad enough, near where I live they just built this place where you can legally abandon your babies...

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
We're scared of our true animal nature. What are deoderant, mouth wash, clothes, makeup, etc for. Why are people ashamed when they pass gas? Being seen naked?

That's where god and absolute science come in, to feed our egos and give us a reason to think we're something more than just super-chimps. So when I think of people being scared of gawd I think of the people who believe in her.

Oh, and God is a black woman :)

FSUpaintball

Banned
Jun 12, 2001
I think sex is VERY important. It is beyond me why anyone would get married BEFORE having sex. How do you know whether or not they'll be any good at it? Sex isn't everything, but a marriage with a crappy sex life is usually not a happy marriage. Personally, I want to know what kind of love life I'm going to have BEFORE I take the plunge.

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
So what's the point?
People are very, very different, IMO. Yes, for many people it's unacceptable. But what you seem to forget is that by far not every man/woman ever gets married. For quite a number of people marriage is something they will never do or will never have a chance to. Some people just don't want to be monogamous.

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
Not every man/woman has sex either. If you're not ready for marriage, you're not ready for sex, imo.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: vi_edit
um vi-edit I DIDN'T IMPOSE any morals on anyone. I simply expressed my opinion. I don't think I am morally superior to anyone on this board.

And my comment most certainly wasn't aimed at you.

Ok sorry. I thought it was aimed at me. LOL. :cool:

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
God's on the far right? That ain't God. That's a member of the hip-hop-rocks choir. And the one to her immediate left initiated the feminazi movement. ;)

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: FSUpaintball
I think sex is VERY important. It is beyond me why anyone would get married BEFORE having sex. How do you know whether or not they'll be any good at it? Sex isn't everything, but a marriage with a crappy sex life is usually not a happy marriage. Personally, I want to know what kind of love life I'm going to have BEFORE I take the plunge.

That is bullsh~t. You are telling me that you base LOVE on sex. If you had an unfufilling sex experience with someone that you could never love them. The way your reply reads it seems that you would only marry if the sex was great. I am sorry your idea of love is based on sex. I assume then that you have only experienced lust and not love then.

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
Not every man/woman has sex either. If you're not ready for marriage, you're not ready for sex, imo.

Sorry, I can't agree. The modern times tendency is that less people are married and more marriages split up (I seen the statistics figures but lost the link, sorry). In fact, marriage is something people could live without. And many people do now. I'm not saying it's black or white, but you have an idea of what I'm trying to say, I'm pretty sure.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
my take...people make sex out to be waay to big of a thing. Its just a simple act between 2 people.

TuffGuy

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Originally posted by: vi_edit
But still - sex IS NOT a requirement for love. It helps love, it enhances love, it reinforces love, but it is by no means a requirement for love.

Like I said before, show me one marriage where the couple does not engage in intercourse. What happens to the love?

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
You sir, are a genius. It's nice to find someone who actually understands the real faith.

The REAL faith. Who are you to say what the real faith is?

ffmcobalt, it seems to me that in this thread and in pretty much all the other threads I have read you posts in, you have everything figured, it must be nice...

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
ELP, are you suggesting that all faiths are equally valid?
I think all faiths have equal probability of being valid unless they believe in something that has been proven to be false.
Just because 2 billion people believe in something doesn't make it more likely than something that 1 person believes in.

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
Right. I agree that quantity doesn't determine quality. Which means that if 2 billion people believe ffmcobalt could not have found the REAL faith, then that's not inherently more likely than him actually finding it.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperTool
ELP, are you suggesting that all faiths are equally valid?
I think all faiths have equal probability of being valid unless they believe in something that has been proven to be false.
Just because 2 billion people believe in something doesn't make it more likely than something that 1 person believes in.

Damn supertool I finally agree with you. What is this world coming to?

FSUpaintball

Banned
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Millenium
Originally posted by: FSUpaintball

That is bullsh~t. You are telling me that you base LOVE on sex. If you had an unfufilling sex experience with someone that you could never love them. The way your reply reads it seems that you would only marry if the sex was great. I am sorry your idea of love is based on sex. I assume then that you have only experienced lust and not love then.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that good sex is a very important part of a marriage-calibur relationship. Poor sex contributes to failing marriages all the time.

Anyways, I'm a college student, so don't take my views on sex TOO seriously :p

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
i'm more mad at bastards in backwards countries using their women as broodmares:p or having harems of women in their little breeding farms.