Pelosi: Deporting Illegal Immigrants 'Just Wrong'

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I believe Ms Pelosi advocates changing the law, not ignoring it.

Faux outrage deflectors are now set to maximum.

Advocating to change the law is perfectly acceptable. (I came here to post this very thing.)

I happen to strongly disagree with her for many reasons, but I'll just say that a country's immigration laws should be designed to benefit it. Period. However, our biggest problem is not our immigration laws, but the lack of their enforcement. An unenforced law on the books is no law at all. Until that's corrected changes to the law aren't very relevant.

Fern

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
""Our view of the law is that... if somebody is here without sufficient documentation, that is not reason for deportation," before stating that it is a "different story" if someone has broken another law or committed a felony. "So– I don’t see any reason for these deportations.""

Your view of the law? Your fucking view of the law? Ms Pelosi... Your view of the law should be as it was written. You are a law maker, and not above the law. Therefore you do not get to interpret laws on the books... Interpret them in writing and debating, but once they are law, you have to pass a law to change them.

Fucking wise and beautiful woman.

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002
""Our view of the law is that... if somebody is here without sufficient documentation, that is not reason for deportation," before stating that it is a "different story" if someone has broken another law or committed a felony. "So– I don’t see any reason for these deportations.""

Your view of the law? Your fucking view of the law? Ms Pelosi... Your view of the law should be as it was written. You are a law maker, and not above the law. Therefore you do not get to interpret laws on the books... Interpret them in writing and debating, but once they are law, you have to pass a law to change them.

Fucking wise and beautiful woman.

relax, hick.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
relax, hick.

Strong words by WackyDan but she is basically pandering for votes at the expense of others in society. It is what she does and how she stays in office because that is all she cares about, staying in office. As for the whole "Why do you guys keep electing her", because she is able to muscle out other candidates, even those within her own party because she has the local and statewide big money interests in her pocket.

Last edited:

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002
She would probably be laughed out of Texas.

There is no way in hell I would vote for her. If she was the only one on the ballot I would write in mickey mouse.

being laughed out of Texas is a badge of honor to anyone with a brain. I don't like Pelosi though.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
And you see no problem with not enforcing the law?

I do see problems, and further ones exacerbated by the fact the laws haven't been enforced for years. Now do you see any problems with suddenly deporting people this late in the game?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Actually you have it backwards. lack of sleep, being drunk or on drugs tend to make conservatives become more liberal and liberals completely brain dead.

Actually, you don't know how to read the links I've posted or understand what they say.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Why don't we just model our immigration laws after western Europe - they are significantly more conservative than ours.

Is there any nation with a more liberal/lax immigration policy that the United States?

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
The Native Americans probably felt that the white men invading their lands were "illegals." At least now, the illegals of today want to work instead of pillaging and destroying the natives - generally speaking.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Actually the links you continually cite don't back up what you claim.

Provide your view of what my claim is and the relevant contradictory evidence you see in the link. Your opinion of these things is worthless as vaporware.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
The Native Americans probably felt that the white men invading their lands were "illegals."

We bought their land for $20 in shiny beads fair and square.

At least now, the illegals of today want to work instead of pillaging and destroying the natives - generally speaking.

White men clearly never worked a day in their life. All those cities built themselves o_O

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
We bought their land for $20 in shiny beads fair and square.

White men clearly never worked a day in their life. All those cities built themselves o_O

Destroying the Native peoples in the Americas for pure ambition and lots of fear. In the name of whatever they want it to be - religious persecution, Jesus, converting the heathens, etc. Whatever excuse necessary to establish a stronghold and drive the people off where they were staying. Notice I did not say "their land" since this is our land - the Earth is not to be bought, owned and sold. But that is pure fantasy talk from me.

No, those cities did not build themselves. What I said had nothing to do with that. Many people in this country feel the "illegals" are coming and invading their little country. Imagine how the Natives felt when the white man came and did what he did to them. That is what I was saying. Not that the white man doesn't work, or any man.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Provide your view of what my claim is and the relevant contradictory evidence you see in the link. Your opinion of these things is worthless as vaporware.

Your opinions on the "peer reviewed" studies are just that, your opinions and nothing more as none describe this brain defect you harp on all the time. The only brain defect is your own. One day you will come to the realization that your doctor's advice is what's best for you.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
pelosi want's this because the liberals need the votes. If she thought they were voting any other way then democrat she would be building the fence.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Destroying the Native peoples in the Americas for pure ambition and lots of fear. In the name of whatever they want it to be - religious persecution, Jesus, converting the heathens, etc. Whatever excuse necessary to establish a stronghold and drive the people off where they were staying. Notice I did not say "their land" since this is our land - the Earth is not to be bought, owned and sold. But that is pure fantasy talk from me.

No, those cities did not build themselves. What I said had nothing to do with that. Many people in this country feel the "illegals" are coming and invading their little country. Imagine how the Natives felt when the white man came and did what he did to them. That is what I was saying. Not that the white man doesn't work, or any man.

These illegals ARE "destroying" the Natives. They do not share our values, our language, or our culture. They retain and bring with them their home. In return our home becomes more like theirs every day.

Which means widespread abject poverty and violence.

There are simply too many to assimilate, especially when they concentrate into specific areas that become 100% foreign.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
These illegals ARE "destroying" the Natives. They do not share our values, our language, or our culture. They retain and bring with them their home. In return our home becomes more like theirs every day.

Which means widespread abject poverty and violence.

There are simply too many to assimilate, especially when they concentrate into specific areas that become 100% foreign.

This is that Ben Franklin quote about Germans almost word for word. How did his prediction turn out?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
This is that Ben Franklin quote about Germans almost word for word. How did his prediction turn out?

I guess its too bad there aren't uncountable acres of farmland for the illegal immigrants to homestead to make your comparison make sense.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I do see problems, and further ones exacerbated by the fact the laws haven't been enforced for years. Now do you see any problems with suddenly deporting people this late in the game?

These are the problems people like pelosi create.

They pass laws, then refuse to enforce the laws except when it fits their agenda.

Germans have a stable nation, with jobs, and a sense of national pride. Germans have their own history and culture. even though they have been defeated in various wars Germany has held unto its culture, heritage, national pride and has a low crime rate.

Mexico, and the rest of Central America has been riddled with violence for the past 500+ years. A lot of Mexicos culture and history was destroyed and replaced by the Spanish. The destruction of their culture is still going onto today through drug and gang violence. Why would people want to live in a nation that has such widespread poverty and violence? Which is the opposite of Germany.

And its not like Germany is attached to the US so they can just walk across the border.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Germans have a stable nation, with jobs, and a sense of national pride. Germans have their own history and culture. even though they have been defeated in various wars Germany has held unto its culture, heritage, national pride and has a low crime rate.

Mexico, and the rest of Central America has been riddled with violence for the past 500+ years. A lot of Mexicos culture and history was destroyed and replaced by the Spanish. The destruction of their culture is still going onto today through drug and gang violence. Why would people want to live in a nation that has such widespread poverty and violence? Which is the opposite of Germany.

And its not like Germany is attached to the US so they can just walk across the border.

This has to be a joke. Why don't you go crack a history book and look at the couple hundred years of German history before Franklin made that quote. There was repeated, devastating warfare all over central Europe.

Furthermore, "national pride"? Germany wasn't a nation, it didn't have national pride, and it wasn't stable.

Here's Franklin's quotes for context. It is basically word for word the same arguments that nativists in the US make today.

"Those who come hither are generally of the most ignorant Stupid Sort of their own Nation…and as few of the English understand the German Language, and so cannot address them either from the Press or Pulpit, ’tis almost impossible to remove any prejudices they once entertain…Not being used to Liberty, they know not how to make a modest use of it…I remember when they modestly declined intermeddling in our Elections, but now they come in droves, and carry all before them, except in one or two Counties...In short unless the stream of their importation could be turned from this to other colonies, as you very judiciously propose, they will soon so out number us, that all the advantages we have will not in My Opinion be able to preserve our language, and even our Government will become precarious."

Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion.

Gee. Our good friend Ben kind of whiffed on that one, huh. Makes you wonder what the nativists are whiffing on now.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
This has to be a joke. Why don't you go crack a history book and look at the couple hundred years of German history before Franklin made that quote. There was repeated, devastating warfare all over central Europe.

Furthermore, "national pride"? Germany wasn't a nation, it didn't have national pride, and it wasn't stable.

Mexico / Central America and Germany are two totally different situations.

From Franklins time until today, Germany has unified and become a world leader, while Mexico is still riddled with violence.

~ EDIT ~

How long do you allow your neighbor to dump his trash on your property before you tell him to stop?

Maybe your neighbor has dogs that kill your chickens? How long do you allow this to continue before you do something about it?

How long is long enough? 100 years, 200 years, 300 years?????

~ EDIT 2 ~

Germany has never made a serious claim to land owned by the United States.

Mexicans look at California and part of Texas as still belonging to Mexico. General Santa Anna is viewed as a traitor for signing treaties that gave land to Texas and California.

Last edited:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

Here's Franklin's quotes for context. It is basically word for word the same arguments that nativists in the US make today.

Gee. Our good friend Ben kind of whiffed on that one, huh. Makes you wonder what the nativists are whiffing on now.

Good thing 18th Century America is exactly the same as 21st century America!

Also, I should point out that Ben Franklin thought that Swedes and Russians were "swarthy". He is perhaps not the guy I would run to for quotes on race and immigration issues.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
And here we go again with blaming the illegals for everything conceivably wrong with the whole situation as we casually ignore the root cause of the problem: "legal" lawbreakers on our side of the border who knowingly hire these illegals for personal exploitative fun and profit.

Obviously, there is a "need" for illegals in our country. Those businesses who hire them are willing to break "the law of the land" to make just that statement, and our politicians merrily go along with it, just the same as they go along with having Reagan granting them amnesty and Bush clearly expressing the he so passionately wanted the very same thing.

I could argue both ways about Pelosi's remarks and be right about it from a narrowly defined perspective. However, there's no way around the idea that those millions of illegals are here, they're here to stay and deporting them en masse is about as logical as building our own special version of the Berlin Wall to keep those "undesirables" out. Especially so when those with the most influence in our halls of Congress and the White House want to keep the flow of dirt cheap willfully compliant and exploitable illegals going at full throttle.

When taking a step back and looking at the "illegal labor" situation from a wider perspective, what pops out is the fact that on the one hand our business folk have easy access to labor at below poverty level wages, AND have the luxury of not having to worry about these illegals forming unions to demand better pay and benefits.

Now who in their right mind would want to disrupt that kind of "dream come true"?

Surely not those uber rich folk who own and operate the Repub Party.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
We all live on stolen land. Is manifestdestiny better than amnesty? If so we should be supporting them in taking back their land.

What happens when you grant amnesty to people who are not interested in integration?

If illegals were interested in integration, box labels would be in english, and not english and spanish.