Pelosi borrowing from Iran's photoshop play book

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Actually they are very different. One pic was "this is an accurate representation of the female Democrat members of the House" people being late didn't make them NOT members of the House. The other is Paul Ryan saying "look, I go out and work at charities and helped out at this charity" when in fact he didn't help out at all.

Of course you are going to see your side in the right and the other side in the wrong.

"This is an accurate representation of the female Democrat members of the House in a fake picture because some were late."

"This is an accurate representation of Paul Ryan wanting to help out at a food bank in a fake picture because he was late."

Apr 27, 2012
Of course you are going to see your side in the right and the other side in the wrong.

"This is an accurate representation of the female Democrat members of the House in a fake picture because some were late."

"This is an accurate representation of Paul Ryan wanting to help out at a food bank in a fake picture because he was late."

And that right there is the problem with them, If their side does it then nothing but there is outrage if the other side does it.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
I don't see what the big deal about this picture is but then again I didn't see what the big deal about the Paul Ryan dish washing picture was. Both are misleading pictures due to politicians arriving late.

The fact that you cannot differentiate between the context of the two photos make me fear for the I telligence of this nation's population.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
The fact that you cannot differentiate between the context of the two photos make me fear for the I telligence of this nation's population.

I don't fear for the intelligence of this nation's population. I'm instead fully aware of the lack of intelligence of this nation's conservative population.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005

I think there are better examples than that in this thread of what you should fear, but ok.

Apr 27, 2012
I don't fear for the intelligence of this nation's population. I'm instead fully aware of the lack of intelligence of this nation's conservative population.

The Conservative population is much more intelligent than the pos obama and the liberals. We have exposed your hypocrisy numerous times and it is Conservative values that will fix this country.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
The Conservative population is much more intelligent than the pos obama and the liberals. We have exposed your hypocrisy numerous times and it is Conservative values that will fix this country.

Doppel. Enjoy the company you keep......

"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed."

Last edited:

JoLLyRoGer

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2000
Context: Ryan v. Pelosi

Something I Am vs. Something I Did (or did not do)

Ryan: "Something I did (see 'verb')" - Stopped by to help a soup kitchen.
Context: Ryan being a Good Samaritan working at soup kitchen to help.
Facts: Food was already served, dishes were already done. Ryan arrives late and stages a photo washing already clean dishes = Phoney! Did NOT help soup kitchen. Inaccurate representation. Why?.. Portrays an action that did not happen as it was played out to the public.

Pelosi et al.: "Something we are (see 'noun')" - The 113th Congress.
Context: A complete pictorial representation of 61 Democratic women of 113th Congress.
Facts: 4 did not show up at the same time. Took a later picture and photo-shopped the two together = Still an accurate representation. Why?.. Because, photo shows all 61 female Dems of 113th Congress.

Portrays an action that did not happen as it was played out to the public.
and
Took a later picture and photo-shopped the two together = Still an accurate representation
BUT.. BUT.. BUT..... The Pelosi photo suggests the were all there at the same time.. Ergo, didn't happen the way it was played out to the public!
LIES!!!!!!!!

Contradictory post is contradictory!!!!

Hmm... Let's see.. Um.. No, it's not.

One is meant to be hard proof of a service, requiring acting within a particular moment to perform said service. The other is meant to be a 'representation' of something that is and continues to be regardless of a particular moment in time.

Put another way... the 1903 World Series Champion Boston Americans are still the 1903 World Series Champion Boston Americans. Now it would be impossible to get them all together for a group photograph, but one could photo-shop together individual player photos of the 1903 Boston Americans until you had a complete group photo (of sorts) and it would be.. wait for it.. wait..... are you sitting down yet?... It would be *gasp* an accurate representation of the 1903 Boston Americans!! Yippee!

However, taking a picture of myself at the top of Mt. Everest, (after hitching a helicopter ride) and then claiming it as evidence that I actually climbed the mountain, still doesn't make it so.

See the difference yet?

Derp..:rolleyes:

Last edited: