[PCGH.de] Fallout 4 Benchmark

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Haven't people learned by now that it simply doesn't matter what Bethesda does, they will always be able to count on an army of apologists? This thread if any should serve as proof to that.

Also, let me just amplify what RS said. The whole "consoles suck" excuse doesn't cut it. SW:BF showed that more than anything, but the list that RS provided give plenty more examples.

Bethesda has simply released an incredibly badly optimised game and as long as they pay little to no price for it, there will be no incentive for them to change ways.

True. The console argument is a poor excuse. Look at all the games that look miles better and ran fine.

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
True. The console argument is a poor excuse. Look at all the games that look miles better and ran fine.

I'm just tired of all of the excuses of people for poor graphical fidelity.
People either end up defending games because their favorite GPU vendor sponsored it.
It's their favorite franchise.
etc.

Lets just face it, there are only a FEW games that are pushing the graphical boundaries. The rest, are stagnant, and in some cases, even looking like they are regressing in some parts of their game's graphical fidelity.

And we just keep making excuses for them.

When the Battlefront of openworld games comes that is well optimized though, I'm doubting it sells well enough to justify the extra effort put into the graphical side sadly. But maybe I'm just being pessimistic. I'm excited for the new Square Enix games though.

I just want my well optimized AC Unity (preferably better looking textures in some places, I don't think it will hurt the game that much just eat up VRAM and we have VRAM left) game that blows me away.

I want my TRULY next gen graphics push. We really haven't definitely moved anywhere in awhile and that's annoying.

lyssword

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2005
On the list of the "amazing graphics" games, only witcher 3 comes even close to the level of item/environment interaction (and still probably magnitude less). Rest are shooter/tunnel games, where there are limited things you can interact with. Yes, including battlefront, it is very narrow compared to FO4 even FO3. I think Far cry 4 comes close tho, but it is definitely more of a shooter than an RPG. Yeah, call of duty looks amazing with 60gb worth of textures, you run it thru in 6hrs and then forget about it.

Last edited:

rpsgc

Sep 22, 2004
On the list of the "amazing graphics" games, only witcher 3 comes even close to the level of item/environment interaction (and still probably magnitude less). Rest are shooter/tunnel games, where there are limited things you can interact with. Yes, including battlefront, it is very narrow compared to FO4 even FO4.

I think it's a bit unfair to call Just Cause 3 'yet another shooter/tunnel game'.

lyssword

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2005
I think it's a bit unfair to call Just Cause 3 'yet another shooter/tunnel game'.

I haven't played it yet, I'm assuming it is similar to FC4? Coincidentally, that game also pushes cpu/gpu requirements a lot

rpsgc

Sep 22, 2004
I haven't played it yet, I'm assuming it is similar to FC4? Coincidentally, that game also pushes cpu/gpu requirements a lot

It's a blow **** up simulator. A 1'000 km2 sandbox full of things to blow up and enemies to kill.