Paul Lyin’ Ryan

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Are you concerned that the ROmney/Ryan ticket is building their campaign on lies (gutting welfare/you built that)? or Or do you believe that Obama truly said "you didn't built that" in reference to Business and Obama did gut the work requirement?

What you call lies are someone else's truths.

I have no qualms with the Rs claiming that Obama is anti-business and anti-entrepreneurship.

I believe he knows nothing about running businesses or the factors that can make or break them. When there is a choice to have free markets or restrain them he will always choose to restrain them and to impose crippling regulatory burdens. No need to look further than Obamacare and Dodd-Frank to figure that out.

I also believe the Dems are pandering to their welfare dependency base. Like they do every election.

Anything that delays someone from getting off welfare dependency is a very bad thing. Look inside yourself and consider if a loosening of the work requirement, a work requirement that was adopted with political bi-partisan support and has been highly successful in empowering people, will help someone or hurt them.

Stop trying to use something like that as a wedge issue. An election victory based on such pandering will be a hollow one indeed.

You are also thread crapping your own thread. If you have so much free time (are you working at a real job?) you can start more threads to convince your worried cohorts that of course Obama is the one, or you can start examining why the economy is in the doldrums and after three and a half years all you have is this.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
You are good distracting. Anwer my question then we can move on.

Are you concerned that the ROmney/Ryan ticket is building their campaign on lies (gutting welfare/you built that)? or Or do you believe that Obama truly said "you didn't built that" in reference to Business and Obama did gut the work requirement?

I am not really concerned as they have a LONG way to go to top the lie machine we put into office in 2008.

Yes I think he did gut the work requirement. It was really simple, you have to get a job within 2 years of getting benefits and you can only have a total 5 years of benefits. There were many states that actually restricted it even further. It was a bi-partisan bill signed by a Democrat President. He should have left it alone.

It does seem like he was referring to the roads and bridges but it can easily be taken either way. That being said, the roads and bridges were built with tax money from those very business owners he was talking to and from the tax money collected from the salaries they pay their employees. 93% of the tax money used to build those bridges came from a business owner/corporation or someone they employ. There is also a good chance it was sub-contracted out to a private company. So ya, I did build that. Combine that with the further lecturing to business owners "I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there." seemed like a parent scolding a 5 year old. As a business owner I very much took offence to those comments.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
What you call lies are someone else's truths.

I have no qualms with the Rs claiming that Obama is anti-business and anti-entrepreneurship.

I believe he knows nothing about running businesses or the factors that can make or break them. When there is a choice to have free markets or restrain them he will always choose to restrain them and to impose crippling regulatory burdens. No need to look further than Obamacare and Dodd-Frank to figure that out.

I also believe the Dems are pandering to their welfare dependency base. Like they do every election.

Anything that delays someone from getting off welfare dependency is a very bad thing. Look inside yourself and consider if a loosening of the work requirement, a work requirement that was adopted with political bi-partisan support and has been highly successful in empowering people, will help someone or hurt them.

Stop trying to use something like that as a wedge issue. An election victory based on such pandering will be a hollow one indeed.

You are also thread crapping your own thread. If you have so much free time (are you working at a real job?) you can start more threads to convince your worried cohorts that of course Obama is the one, or you can start examining why the economy is in the doldrums and after three and a half years all you have is this.

Thanks for not answering the questions. The Republican mind. If the truth doesn't fit, ignore it.

About a real job. How long does it dake to write the novels you call posts?

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Thanks for not answering the questions. The Republican mind. If the truth doesn't fit, ignore it.

About a real job. How long does it dake to write the novels you call posts?

I work for myself and I am now experiencing severe guilt at cheating myself out of my typical $300/hr rate.

May I bill you? I know you are good for it! :awe:

Nov 30, 2006
I work for myself and I am now experiencing severe guilt at cheating myself out of my typical $300/hr rate.

May I bill you? I know you are good for it! :awe:
ROFL. You answer his questions and he doesn't realize it. You should charge extra!

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
I am not really concerned as they have a LONG way to go to top the lie machine we put into office in 2008.

Yes I think he did gut the work requirement. It was really simple, you have to get a job within 2 years of getting benefits and you can only have a total 5 years of benefits. There were many states that actually restricted it even further. It was a bi-partisan bill signed by a Democrat President. He should have left it alone.
What did he do gut the work provision in that bill?

It does seem like he was referring to the roads and bridges but it can easily be taken either way. That being said, the roads and bridges were built with tax money from those very business owners he was talking to and from the tax money collected from the salaries they pay their employees. 93% of the tax money used to build those bridges came from a business owner/corporation or someone they employ. There is also a good chance it was sub-contracted out to a private company. So ya, I did build that. Combine that with the further lecturing to business owners "I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there." seemed like a parent scolding a 5 year old. As a business owner I very much took offence to those comments

So ROmney is lying. How can it be taken either way? Did you listen to the whole speech?

But to a deeper a thought. The point of his speech was to argue for the role of government in our lives. Yes our tax money paid for the roads, but somebody had to collect the money, decide where to build the roads and then hire the company to build the roads. That is government. And for any business to thrive that is essential.

I read Gladwell's book Outliers a couple of years back. It's a god read. He made an argument that the most successful people (Bill Gates) etc. werent successful because they were the smartest people, but because they had a lot of chance and oppurtunities arise in their lives as well.

Why did you take offese to it? He is right. I have a business and it's succeeding not because I'm the most hard working or the smartest. But because I had capatlized on certain oppurtunites others didn't get.

Last edited:

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Paul Ryan does lie an exceptional amount, but less than 1% of congress is actually not out for self gain and it (along with the RNC's treatment of dr. ron paul) really shows how Madison's "if men were angels we wouldn't need govt" claim is flawed. That said, angels do exist, but they obviously can't wield or take advantage of the massive power that can only be offered by the state like demons do.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
He definitely shows signs of being a Pathological liar.

The thing I question is this. If obamas economy is so bad then why lie about it?

rickon66

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
I find the posters here that repeat Democrat Party talking points are doing just that and nothing more.

I find that the Journolist attempt at a coordinated attack on Republicans continues and it is just that and nothing more.

I find that there are substantive differences in how the two leadership teams have and are going to tackle obvious problems, but I find little substantive debate here about those differences. Ad hominem attack is just that and nothing more.

I find that when threads are created criticizing speeches and platforms before they are even finished and announced, they are just partisan frenzies and nothing more.

I find that threads like this, and all of the others that are really just tempests in teapots, are made to divert discussions of a more serious nature. They are part of the campaign strategy of a Democrat Party and Democrat Administration that has a very poor record on which to run and so the Democrat partisans like yourself and your ilk need to divert, divert, divert.

Meaningless attacks are just that and nothing more.

I approve of this message!