Patron Silver is $50 for 750ml?! Recommend alternative tequila

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Cazadores is nowhere near as good as Patron.

Patron is one of those things that is popular because it is so f*cking good.

Unlike Lady Gaga or...the iPad, etc....

no man, no.

Feb 19, 2001
BUMP. Had some more Don Julio on Friday and I have to say it beats Patron in my book. Patron is overrated. I see too many people giving Patron on birthdays and for my friend's bday last year I bought him a bottle of Don Julio silver. He was like "WTF? as his friend gave him another bottle of Patron." I don't know if he ever consumed it but he wast elling me how great Patron was a few months later. It seems to be the tequila that everyone knows... but it's the only thing that people know. It's just like Grey Goose seems to be the only vodka anyone cares about. Personally I prefer Finlandia or Belvedere over Grey.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
BUMP. Had some more Don Julio on Friday and I have to say it beats Patron in my book. Patron is overrated. I see too many people giving Patron on birthdays and for my friend's bday last year I bought him a bottle of Don Julio silver. He was like "WTF? as his friend gave him another bottle of Patron." I don't know if he ever consumed it but he wast elling me how great Patron was a few months later. It seems to be the tequila that everyone knows... but it's the only thing that people know. It's just like Grey Goose seems to be the only vodka anyone cares about. Personally I prefer Finlandia or Belvedere over Grey.

Well with Don Julio, they have different levels of tequila. Their cheapest stuff is meh but when you start going to their more expensive stuff, it's good.

Feb 19, 2001
Well with Don Julio, they have different levels of tequila. Their cheapest stuff is meh but when you start going to their more expensive stuff, it's good.

Well I'm sure. I had their Silver as that's what typically I can afford. And I've only had Patron Silver, so that was my benchmark... well that and Cuervo from college parties, but I don't even want to think about that.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
VA ABC store sale:

750ml 1800 Reposado $25
1.75L 1800 Reposado $39.90 :eek: (bought this :) )

Last edited:

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
patron silver is $42 here.
i will have to try the others mentioned though.

mrjminer

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2005
It's all going to taste like shit for the first couple of shots, regardless of what anyone tells you.

Save your money, get the cheapest they have. If you can't take the hangover, you don't deserve to drink.

Real men drink Montezuma Gold.

Xed

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2003
Yay for this thread. Picked up some Cazadores Reposado for $26.99 (750 ml).

de8212

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2000
Sorry to bump this back up but I need some suggestions ASAP. My wife loves Patron. She also like margaritas. She will drink margaritas and do a couple of shots.

She found some margarita recipe she likes and it calls for 1800 Reposado. Is that good for taking shots? If not, what would be the best to make margarita and take shots?

thanks.