Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 74 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Any suggestion for a build that's good for Delve? Want to try to get somewhat deep this league.

I swear EVERY league I ignore Delve and then as I'm burning out I turn my attention to it and have a bunch of fun
I never tried to just do delve for a whole league...

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Like how deep are you talking. You can get 500-900 on quite a few builds. Cost of builds in the 600+ range are going to be higher and anything 900+ is going to be high.
I doubt I'll get below 500. Something simple to set up and tanky would be the preference.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I doubt I'll get below 500. Something simple to set up and tanky would be the preference.

I think a build like this would be not that expensive and get you down well before 600 depth. https://pastebin.com/G4NNkxE4

This isn't a traditional RF build so you should follow a regular RF inquisitor build guide and then swap into this one when you get most of the gear. By the start of week 2 most of the items in this build are going to be pretty cheap. It has decent defenses and massive regen when standing still.

Reactions: JTsyo

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Might hop back into the new league this Friday. What's fun for starter builds?

"fun" is more defined by your style of play. I find totem build fun, but most everyone else hates them :)
Minions was a good/easy/cheap build but it got pretty nerfed by the looks of it and is also a different style of play that not everyone may love.

You can google "POE starter builds" and just find one that suits your fancy. Look for something that is labeled cheap too so you don't have to spend a ton of currency to get deep into the game

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
how far does a 1Mil DPS (PoB) build take you these days?
enough for all content? (putting aside defences)

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Phox's RF Inquisitor might be fun.
Did that build last league, it was pretty fun if you're into that type of playstyle. It's not for everyone. He's got a great guide for it.
Items were way to expensive for it last league.

akenbennu

Jul 24, 2005
Did that build last league, it was pretty fun if you're into that type of playstyle. It's not for everyone. He's got a great guide for it.

I was running a starter for it in standard last night. Didn't know about mastery nodes, looks like it doesn't really kick in for RF until 30 or so.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

RF is the laziest build ever. I LOVE IT! :)

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
how far does a 1Mil DPS (PoB) build take you these days?
enough for all content? (putting aside defences)

As long as it's a consistent 1M and not with flasks or a skill you have to move constantly with low uptime, then 1M will do everything but Ubers and 21+ Sims.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
league mechanic is boring :(

I only played into Act 2 thus far so obviously a long way to go, but it seems... uninspired or something? It's sorta like "early mapping" as in you can design what you're going to see/face off against, but its just pretty dull. Maybe it gets better. Reddit seems to hate it, but they hate everything.

Haven't actually gotten to my seismic traps yet (still sitting on lightning traps) and as I said, super early still. I dunno if I'm going to like pushing the button so much though

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Yep, about to hit maps and it's definitely lazy. Also feels like loot drops are a little light, I know they nerfed uniques dropping a bit.
Big blow back today after GGG admitted they nerfed loot without mention it in the patch notes. Seems they tried to do quality over quantity but hasn't hit the right balance.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Big blow back today after GGG admitted they nerfed loot without mention it in the patch notes. Seems they tried to do quality over quantity but hasn't hit the right balance.

It's amazing how much they trip over their own feet EVERY SINGLE TIME

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I only played into Act 2 thus far so obviously a long way to go, but it seems... uninspired or something? It's sorta like "early mapping" as in you can design what you're going to see/face off against, but its just pretty dull. Maybe it gets better. Reddit seems to hate it, but they hate everything.

Haven't actually gotten to my seismic traps yet (still sitting on lightning traps) and as I said, super early still. I dunno if I'm going to like pushing the button so much though

I did the league mechanic 4 times and found it boring, doesn't look like it will get better in maps. There's no league mechanic in maps (that I know of) so it's basically standard.

Disappointed in the direction GGG is taking this game. It's a slag to just get through the acts with a non-meta skill. Slowing it down so much, maybe they want to crossplay enable it with their mobile release lol.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
The patch might have helped, ran a map before I came in to work and drops were better. (Think one of the mobs had opulent though, so might have skewed it)

I dont think it did. People are running 100% juices maps and getting a few C off it.
I still haven't played much, but I'm hoping they get this drop rate thing squared aware soon

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Worst league they've released in quite awhile. I decided I was going to run Heist this league so I haven't been experiencing as much of the lack of drops. But on the flip side I can't gear my guy at all. I have 10 active searches running and nothing is popping up for 2 days. It's borderline not fun for me.

I wish they're was a similar game available to PoE because this company makes the same mistakes every single time. Then Chris will make a post saying all the things they're changing and how they're going to do it better next time. They've made the same mistakes with the same responses enough that there should be a template form at the top of Reddit to warn players what's going to happen. It's so easy to predict at this point.

Reactions: Homerboy

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Worst league they've released in quite awhile. I decided I was going to run Heist this league so I haven't been experiencing as much of the lack of drops. But on the flip side I can't gear my guy at all. I have 10 active searches running and nothing is popping up for 2 days. It's borderline not fun for me.

I wish they're was a similar game available to PoE because this company makes the same mistakes every single time. Then Chris will make a post saying all the things they're changing and how they're going to do it better next time. They've made the same mistakes with the same responses enough that there should be a template form at the top of Reddit to warn players what's going to happen. It's so easy to predict at this point.
Keep any eye out for Last Epoch.

Reactions: Homerboy

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

It seems they are actively losing players this time. MAYBE they will learn a lesson? (unlikely). From what I understand several streamers/groups have bailed and that's not good when your shills are basically saying "enough" and "this league is crap and not worth my time/job on"

I guess I will be staying away for a while until if/when it gets fixed.