Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 56 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Alright I'm back for a bit more advice. I'm up to level 89 and been doing Tier 11and 12 maps as long as the mods aren't crazy. But when I tried to take on the queen in the area that opens with the 4 map fragments, I get one hit killed. My HP is around 3.6k, the wiki recommends 4k to take her on. I have a ring that I can replace. What is the best type of ring I can get for my situation? Anything else I can do to improve my survivability?

Did you die when she split into 4? In that phase one of the clones holds up a mirror in their hand. If you hit that one it will reflect 100% of your damage back. If you died to her outside of that phase then you should watch a video on the fight to help you with the mechanics.

Reactions: JTsyo

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
yeah....no. thats Atziri, she will one-shot you no matter what (well maybe regular Atziri won't but Uber Atziri will). you can still kill her, but you can't get hit. dodge everything, stay out of the circles, get to know the mechanichs. welcome to bossing in POE in 2021.

i don't bother with her, the rewards are so bad. maybe i'll go there just to see if my build is tanky enough.

I tend to hold down the mouse to move, I'll need to get used to just pressing where to go.

Did you die when she split into 4? In that phase one of the clones holds up a mirror in their hand. If you hit that one it will reflect 100% of your damage back. If you died to her outside of that phase then you should watch a video on the fight to help you with the mechanics.

I died mutiple times to different things. When she split, I just threw down totems and was trying to dodge. GUess I'll watch the guides to see what's going on.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
They did the live stream yesterday. Long story short if you don't want to watch it is that they want to slow down power creep and they feel the campaign has become too easy. So for power creep they are nerfing multiple things across the board. Primarily they attacking flasks by reducing their effectiveness and lowering charge generation and lowering the damage multipliers of the popular support gems. They claim that this will pull back the current power levels a bit and promote build diversity. However, they stated in the video that some of the buffs they wanted to do to some of the less popular supports to promote their use won't be in this patch. For the campaign they are buffing monsters starting with Act 1 this patch.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
As a newb that just started playing in 3.14, I don't think I died in the campaign until like Act 6. Then it was usually a boss that would get me since I didn't know their mechanics. Hopefully with harder monsters comes more experience so that when you're done with the campaign you are at a higher level.
3.15 I think I'll go with a juggernaut build with high HP/armor and regen. Hopefully the nerfs don't hit too hard.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Meh... not so happy with the way GGG is bringing down power creep. Slowing down the game is fine and all but shouldn't they tone down monster damage at the same time? Feels like these nerfs will hit the casual players extremely hard
In any case, from the league trailer it seems like another mechanic where you to have stop mapping to intereact with the league mechanic, so I will be skipping the league.

edit: I'm just mad because the quicksilver flask got nerfed.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Meh... not so happy with the way GGG is bringing down power creep. Slowing down the game is fine and all but shouldn't they tone down monster damage at the same time? Feels like these nerfs will hit the casual players extremely hard
In any case, from the league trailer it seems like another mechanic where you to have stop mapping to intereact with the league mechanic, so I will be skipping the league.

edit: I'm just mad because the quicksilver flask got nerfed.
the new mechanic is very similar to Abyss. just the drops are not very rewarding, but the items you trade for can yield good results.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'm been messing with this league. Only in ACt 6 thus far.
The league mechanic is dumb - just stops your progression
nerfed flasks sucks
I picked a crap build too

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Are the pob.party build codes the same as POB? I'm trying to use Angry_Roleplayer's EARTHSHATTER JUGGERNAUT but what's shown on YT is the old version. When I try pasting the code shown for the build into pob.party it doesn't work.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
nerfed flasks sucks
there's a neat trick that was added aith automated 100% uptime flasks. you first get an Overflowing Chalice, and spam the flask enchant orbs on it until you get "activate when full". this give you 40% increased damage (negligable) but it causes your other flasks to fill up more quickly and with the right mods (reduced charges used, gain charges on crit/ when hit, etc') you can achieve 100% automated flask uptime with no button clicking.

Reactions: Homerboy

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Are the pob.party build codes the same as POB? I'm trying to use Angry_Roleplayer's EARTHSHATTER JUGGERNAUT but what's shown on YT is the old version. When I try pasting the code shown for the build into pob.party it doesn't work.

Most people share pastebin links of pob code. What you can do is open up the build in PoB and then generate a code to work in pob.party. Assuming you don't want to use PoB.

Reactions: JTsyo

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Most people share pastebin links of pob code. What you can do is open up the build in PoB and then generate a code to work in pob.party. Assuming you don't want to use PoB.

and/or make sure whether or not you need to use the community fork of POB or not.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I can't afford the staff recommended for the ES Jugg build posted above. What would be a good replacement staff for up to 15c?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I can't afford the staff recommended for the ES Jugg build posted above. What would be a good replacement staff for up to 15c?

I assume you already got this but the staff is cheap without it being linked. Just buy a cheap 20c 6L body armour and then grab the staff with a few sockets. Total cost is around 23-24c.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I assume you already got this but the staff is cheap without it being linked. Just buy a cheap 20c 6L body armour and then grab the staff with a few sockets. Total cost is around 23-24c.
ahh OK gotcha. For the body armor what should I look for? Currently on maps and I think my elemental is my weakest defense.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
ahh OK gotcha. For the body armor what should I look for? Currently on maps and I think my elemental is my weakest defense.

Something with high life and a couple of big resists you may be low on. You should be able to find one of those now for around 20c no issues.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I was able to find a belt that upped my resistance. Got them all above 50% now. Now I need to work on my health, currently at 2.7k.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Get your resistances up at 75% right away if you can, they make a HUGE difference in survivability. Try to craft some resists on gear if you can. Also when I buy, I always keep an item for items with open prefix or suffix to craft a missing stat that I need. Usually it lets me buy an item for much cheaper.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
damn it. I got sucked into this league somehow.
I've been playing a Storm Rain/LA build
The POB is all that's been updated in the link.

the problem I realized now is that later-game equipment is pretty damned $$$
it's a decent build though. Little too much clicking for my taste, but the worst thing in the world.

If anyone is still playing let me know and maybe we can party

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
i've been trying something different this league, a bleed cyclone starforge gladiator (crimson dance, vaal pact, RT).
i wanted to see how Petrified Blood works, and its crap. i wanted to see how Corrupted Fever works, damage is low and it kills me. expedition mobs freeze me all the time and i die way more since the last patch. even with brass dome+leech+fortify+CWDT immortal call+sand stance. anyway, the build is just meh. bleed bow gets waaaaay more DoT.

i think i'll try the Incinerate Elementalist i did back in ritual, but i expect it got nerfed as well. (golems for sure did)

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I did Skeleton Mages this league and it was pretty easy. Damage with just the mages was 4.3m and I was able to do the The Feared deathless. Probably one of the easiest builds I've done in quite a while and it wasn't even that expensive to build. Here's the PoB if anyone wants it. https://pastebin.com/7ki7GujT

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I did Skeleton Mages this league and it was pretty easy. Damage with just the mages was 4.3m and I was able to do the The Feared deathless. Probably one of the easiest builds I've done in quite a while and it wasn't even that expensive to build. Here's the PoB if anyone wants it. https://pastebin.com/7ki7GujT

I've looked at this build (or similar) in the past. Maybe next time around.
I've hit a complete wall with my current build until I get some cash to spend. Gear is 2E+ for damn near every piece it seems. I might just hang it up at lvl 86

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I got to 89 with the Earthshatter Jugg build but now I die too often to move up in experience. The gear wasn't that bad to get. Couldn't beat Veritania yesterday but I finally got the last labyrinth in maps, so I should be able to add a bit more survivability.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Finally broke 91 also saved up for an enlighten support. What's better pride or precision+war banner? I was thinking of using pride for bosses and precision for regular mobs.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I've been able to tweak my build a little bit and progress, but I'm really stuck on additional gear being $$$$. I too need an enlightened gem but that's $$$$ too.
I'm sitting at lvl 88 and just getting into red maps.

if anyone wants to see

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I've been able to tweak my build a little bit and progress, but I'm really stuck on additional gear being $$$$. I too need an enlightened gem but that's $$$$ too.
I'm sitting at lvl 88 and just getting into red maps.

I looked at your PoB. Here are some suggestions:

13% More Damage - Your accuracy is only 88% so you're taking a big damage penalty. Remove empower out of your main links to your swap weaon and replace it with Precision. Level Precision to what you're comfortable with mana wise(probably 5 or 6). Replace your amulet with one that has at least 300 accuracy on it.

13% More Damage - You have two Marks for curses. When they did the curse change a few leagues ago they limited curses tagged as Marks to 1. This limit doesn't change even if you raise your curse limit. So you aren't even using two curses right now, you're just swapping between the two marks. Replace Assassin's Mark with Conductivity.

Those two are nearly free and get 26% more damage.

30% More Damage - Dump Inpulsa and setup a filter for a cheap +1 curse/attack crit chest that you can equip. This allows you to get 9 points back from the top of the tree. Put them into Heartseeker and Throatseeker clusters. Use the other 2 spare points to get a jewel slot on your large cluster jewel. Put a life, accuracy, damage mod jewel in there if you're still not 100% chance to hit.

Link to chest: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/vMZmeJuE

11% More Damage, 50% More Movement Speed, More Evade: Just switch to Raider. Literally it's better in every way. Take the Frenzy and Onslaught path. Seriously, it's a straight upgrade.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/pTMwkACa

Last edited: