Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
What do you think about link deleted now? The price is little bit crazy because new league started few days ago. What about Abyss Hardcore and softcore League? Has anyone tried it?

I think it's not worth getting my account banned.
But the prices seem about right to me even though they are out of stock.

Abyss league seems fun for people, but I'm not liking it much... I just cant get anything to drop at all...

Last edited by a moderator:

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I'm enjoying the league more than harbinger and it's just a step below breach for me. I also don't like that the rift kind of back tracks and wanders around but I'm not HC enough to worry about efficiency. Plus you had to do the same thing with Breach depending on the layout. I'm at my usual for luck. I've found an exalt, divine and sold about 40-50c worth of items so far and I should hit lvl 80 tonight.

The prophecy lady must have had a soft spot for me this league. First 3 prophecy I loaded up were Ancient Doom, A Gracious Master and Twice Enchanted. To bad it wasn't last league and I could have just straight traded Doom for a Belly.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I'm enjoying the league more than harbinger and it's just a step below breach for me. I also don't like that the rift kind of back tracks and wanders around but I'm not HC enough to worry about efficiency. Plus you had to do the same thing with Breach depending on the layout. I'm at my usual for luck. I've found an exalt, divine and sold about 40-50c worth of items so far and I should hit lvl 80 tonight.

The prophecy lady must have had a soft spot for me this league. First 3 prophecy I loaded up were Ancient Doom, A Gracious Master and Twice Enchanted. To bad it wasn't last league and I could have just straight traded Doom for a Belly.

Im at 85 and I've run about 25 prophecies with nothing decent. I've had around 30 chaos drops and sold about 15 chaos worth of items. At least I had a little mapping run last night so I have about 5 maps above T3 now. Just been miserably unlucky.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I've been playing Path Of Exile on a newly installed 750Ti for a few weeks. Just swapped out my existing old card for the new one. Saw FPS jump up and was happy.
Then realized I never changed the settings in the game - was rendering with DX9 and changed that to DX11 and upped all the eye candy.

WOW - it's a whole new game! Completely different graphics and STILL smooth.

Enjoying the Blade Furry build quite a bit. Not as lazy as a totem build, but still pretty simple and mindless. Got a 5L chest piece and that makes a world of difference. Just started mapping (T4s) and going smooth and quickly.
I was asking last night - is there anything special I need to know about mapping in this new Atlas? When the Atlas shows the "space" under the map icons, should I be purposefully trying to do those maps first and foremost (even if I've already done them?)

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I've been playing Path Of Exile on a newly installed 750Ti for a few weeks. Just swapped out my existing old card for the new one. Saw FPS jump up and was happy.
Then realized I never changed the settings in the game - was rendering with DX9 and changed that to DX11 and upped all the eye candy.

WOW - it's a whole new game! Completely different graphics and STILL smooth.

Enjoying the Blade Furry build quite a bit. Not as lazy as a totem build, but still pretty simple and mindless. Got a 5L chest piece and that makes a world of difference. Just started mapping (T4s) and going smooth and quickly.
I was asking last night - is there anything special I need to know about mapping in this new Atlas? When the Atlas shows the "space" under the map icons, should I be purposefully trying to do those maps first and foremost (even if I've already done them?)

Basically there are two forces (Shaper and Elder) vying for control over the Atlas. If you run shaper maps then Elder areas will grow. If you kill Elder maps then Shaper areas will grow. These maps drop items with the Elder and Shaper backgrounds and new mods they couldn't roll before.

Also, if you grow your Elder map area enough it will spawn the Elder guardians and the Elder himself in certain maps and you can fight them. I'd suggest trying to get him to spawn in white maps at first.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Basically there are two forces (Shaper and Elder) vying for control over the Atlas. If you run shaper maps then Elder areas will grow. If you kill Elder maps then Shaper areas will grow. These maps drop items with the Elder and Shaper backgrounds and new mods they couldn't roll before.

Also, if you grow your Elder map area enough it will spawn the Elder guardians and the Elder himself in certain maps and you can fight them. I'd suggest trying to get him to spawn in white maps at first.

Thanks. I did some reading after posting too. I think I get it - seems to kick in at T6 and higher more so. I'm sure I will figure it out. I just like mapping in general :)

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Im at 85 and I've run about 25 prophecies with nothing decent. I've had around 30 chaos drops and sold about 15 chaos worth of items. At least I had a little mapping run last night so I have about 5 maps above T3 now. Just been miserably unlucky.

I have not had amazing luck as well, 2 characters to 90 (one is 91) and only found 2 exalts, some divines and various Abyss items
I suggest chaos recipes as while its a bit of work, its a steady flow of income.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
The chaos recipe is honestly how I've amassed the majority of my chaos.

Make sure you have a decent item filter to highlight 6 socket items, superior gems and potions and superior rares and collect them all then turn in for those currencies. I've done 20% quality for the 3 chaos, but the normal quality for 2 chaos is probably more worth while. Armourer's scraps and blacksmith's whetstones end up accumulating though, so it's a good way to transfer those mostly unnecessary currencies into worthwhile ones.

I finally hit 90 on my reave gladiator and still looking for my last trial to finish out the ascendancy. It can't pop up soon enough!

Side talk: do we have a list of players willing to friend in game and run dailies together to help those that need that exp anywhere (or I'd assume an AT guild)? That'd be nice to help newer players and get level 8 on masters easier. :)

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I ran the chaos recipe for one league when I was saving for a 23 exalt windripper. What I found was I have much more fun identifying rare items than simply selling them.
I think if I needed another super pricey item for a build I'd do the recipe again, but I found it a bit tedious for myself.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
The chaos recipe is honestly how I've amassed the majority of my chaos.

Make sure you have a decent item filter to highlight 6 socket items, superior gems and potions and superior rares and collect them all then turn in for those currencies. I've done 20% quality for the 3 chaos, but the normal quality for 2 chaos is probably more worth while. Armourer's scraps and blacksmith's whetstones end up accumulating though, so it's a good way to transfer those mostly unnecessary currencies into worthwhile ones.

I finally hit 90 on my reave gladiator and still looking for my last trial to finish out the ascendancy. It can't pop up soon enough!

Side talk: do we have a list of players willing to friend in game and run dailies together to help those that need that exp anywhere (or I'd assume an AT guild)? That'd be nice to help newer players and get level 8 on masters easier. :)

I actually was able to pick up most my trials via global 820.
There's a ATOT guild (and I use that term loosely) that a few of us still use. If you want, let me know your user name and I can invite you. At least there's some familiar faces then to party with when needed.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
I ran the chaos recipe for one league when I was saving for a 23 exalt windripper. What I found was I have much more fun identifying rare items than simply selling them.
I think if I needed another super pricey item for a build I'd do the recipe again, but I found it a bit tedious for myself.

I find identifying and sorting through rares extremely tedious (because so many drop). I typically only grab and identify items that may possibly be upgrades for my build or other characters that I, or close friends are working on. Otherwise, it's an inventory madness game. The chaos recipe is very quick and easy to do. Quad stash tab or 2 recommended, of course. :)

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I really need to start utilizing the chaos recipe.
Approximately what map level do 60+ items start dropping?

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I find identifying and sorting through rares extremely tedious (because so many drop). I typically only grab and identify items that may possibly be upgrades for my build or other characters that I, or close friends are working on. Otherwise, it's an inventory madness game. The chaos recipe is very quick and easy to do. Quad stash tab or 2 recommended, of course. :)

I don't do much sorting. I mainly pick up 2x2 or smaller bases while I run, sometimes just rings and ammy's. Then I identify and sell immediately when I get finished a map. It's not as efficient as throwing everything into a quad tab, but it's not far behind.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000

I'm on most evenings, tend to solo (cause I'm inept but keep plugging away). Account name Thump553, tend to run the dailies right after the day resets (7PM Eastern US). Feel free to look me up.

Reactions: Homerboy

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
The chaos recipe is great at the start of the league. You can buy things right away that drastically go up in price like jewels. Once I have all the gear I want, I stop doing it. I never do the unidentified recipe though. I use a strict filter which means the bases I pickup can be worth quite a bit with good rolls.

My main account name is Kan333

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
I'm eastern time zone, but unfortunately I play during the day because I work at night. Otherwise, weekends are always an option and I'm sure others may be grateful.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I'm going to host a red map party 8pm to 10pm eastern time this Friday the 19th in my HO. Going to run only 20% corrupted red maps(T11-T16) with SAC pieces. Maybe some breach lords as well. Will run as long as one other person is there.

Character is OneToughHo

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'm going to host a red map party 8pm to 10pm eastern time this Friday the 19th in my HO. Going to run only 20% corrupted red maps(T11-T16) with SAC pieces. Maybe some breach lords as well. Will run as long as one other person is there.

Character is OneToughHo

If I'm around I will be online and try to join up. That being said, T16 may be a bit high for me :)

I'm sorta bummed. Had my dual sword BF Block Gladiator build going pretty well. But now I'm thinking I need to switch it to the claw build for the instant leech and get the 6L Belly of the Beast to add the Damage on full health support added. It just seems adding 30-40% damage would be a "slight" upgrade and staying on full health should be pretty easy with the instant leech that the blood seeker claw provides. Now I gotta spend some money and I was SO close to 6L.

I added a haste gem last night and wow -- clear speed went through the roof.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
If I'm around I will be online and try to join up. That being said, T16 may be a bit high for me :)

I'm sorta bummed. Had my dual sword BF Block Gladiator build going pretty well. But now I'm thinking I need to switch it to the claw build for the instant leech

If you want to hit me up while in game I can suggest quite a few changes to help out your build. I wrote out a list of all the things I would change. But the list grew to like 12 things and it started to feel a bit negative, which isn't my intention at all. So, if you want me to help just let me know. In less than an hour I can make things drastically better.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
If you want to hit me up while in game I can suggest quite a few changes to help out your build. I wrote out a list of all the things I would change. But the list grew to like 12 things and it started to feel a bit negative, which isn't my intention at all. So, if you want me to help just let me know. In less than an hour I can make things drastically better.

Yeah - next time we're online together we can go through some things. I don't mind switching to the claw build to be honest. Could be sort of fun at this point to change some things around.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000

Character is OneToughHo
Very nice offer, but I'm still a long way from reds-only have only red map in my inventory and the character I'm now playing is a level elemental clawer.

Homer-if you do want to try out claws, I'd suggest this build guide:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971701

My level 78 is a Wasp Nest, non Vaal Pact build (look under How To Gear Your Character for the suggested tree). If you are interested let me know. I have a couple unique claws I can drop in the guild stash to get you going, including an Ornament of The East. Assuming you have a Tabula Rosa (if not let me know that too) it levels quickly and easily all the way.

And I haven't gotten to the stage where I can run dual heralds yet, either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homerboy