Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 49 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Here are some things to help you.

Use this string to search for a weapon: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/52GkMbjSa
Buy one for 30c or less that show up off that list and craft fire damage over time on it. Setup up an active search if there aren't any cheap ones listed when you look. Some will pop up soon. That weapon will give you 20% more damage.

You can grab a 6L Str/Int chest with 100+ life and resists for 25c now.

Grab a ring off this search list and craft fire damage % on it to replace that herald ring. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/JBg65Grcl

You can grab a 70+ life, double resist and 30ms boots for 20c or less.

Do all that and you'll have over 500 more life and 25% more damage. It should cost you around 80c all together.

Reactions: Homerboy

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Here are some things to help you.

Use this string to search for a weapon: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/52GkMbjSa
Buy one for 30c or less that show up off that list and craft fire damage over time on it. Setup up an active search if there aren't any cheap ones listed when you look. Some will pop up soon. That weapon will give you 20% more damage.

You can grab a 6L Str/Int chest with 100+ life and resists for 25c now.

Grab a ring off this search list and craft fire damage % on it to replace that herald ring. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/JBg65Grcl

You can grab a 70+ life, double resist and 30ms boots for 20c or less.

Do all that and you'll have over 500 more life and 25% more damage. It should cost you around 80c all together.

yeap. Started digging through "upgrades" last night but didn't have much time to play.
The weapon was #1 on my list as I haven't upgraded it in a while.
Already bought 1 Vermillion ring the other night. Definitely was a difference. (that herald ring was just there for testing. I bought it out of a ritual encounter. I thought the 7% life and 10% fire damage was pretty decent)
Thanks!

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Didn't get to play too much this weekend but was lucky enough to get an Exalt in the ritual options for next to nothing.
Picked up a new amulet with L22 vitality on it, then anointed with Growth and Decay
Most importantly got my hands on a large cluster jewel that granted 12% fire damage on small nodes, .15% life regen and Smoking Remains so that's been a huge boost.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Just started this league a few days ago and made it to maps yesterday. So far I like the ritual mechanic. Still not a fan of Heist, I was doing the ones that dropped during Acts. I've crashed three times in Heist already, sucks to lose all that loot... especially the last time I crashed, I'd almost just made it back to exit and had a full inventory.

I'm playing Remi's Toxic Rain btw, it seems to be pretty powerful. I made it through the story without dying, which is a first for me lol.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Just started this league a few days ago and made it to maps yesterday. So far I like the ritual mechanic. Still not a fan of Heist, I was doing the ones that dropped during Acts. I've crashed three times in Heist already, sucks to lose all that loot... especially the last time I crashed, I'd almost just made it back to exit and had a full inventory.

I'm playing Remi's Toxic Rain btw, it seems to be pretty powerful. I made it through the story without dying, which is a first for me lol.

I don't think I've had a crash in Heist ever.
Though I really only run those green ones to get them the hell out of my inventory.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Loving the Toxic Rain build so far. Minimal investment so far.. max 20 chaos and liking my damage so far. Only at white maps though, still looking for three lab trials. Waiting until I start melting packs before looking to upgrade. I'll have to read up though since I've never used cluster jewels and that seems like the way to go to get damage on these builds. Also, I've never used the new skill jem variants like anamolous, awakened etc.

Btw did getting new master missions after killing map boss get nerfed? I've barely gotten any.

I've made about 3 exalts and 100 chaos from trades so far last 2 days, which isn't a lot but I usually don't trade so this is a first for me. Maybe I'll stop doing the chaos recipe this league lol.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Loving the Toxic Rain build so far. Minimal investment so far.. max 20 chaos and liking my damage so far. Only at white maps though, still looking for three lab trials. Waiting until I start melting packs before looking to upgrade. I'll have to read up though since I've never used cluster jewels and that seems like the way to go to get damage on these builds. Also, I've never used the new skill jem variants like anamolous, awakened etc.

Btw did getting new master missions after killing map boss get nerfed? I've barely gotten any.

I've made about 3 exalts and 100 chaos from trades so far last 2 days, which isn't a lot but I usually don't trade so this is a first for me. Maybe I'll stop doing the chaos recipe this league lol.

TR is always a build I THINK I'm going to run and then don't for whatever reason. I'm really digging my RF build as well. It's pretty straight forward and at this point, I've bought all the cheap gear - now I'm just doing incremental upgrades what will cost me 1E and crap like that. Just in the middle of yellow maps rights now and most everything is melts pretty quick. Occasionally, I will hit something that just melts me, and I can not figure out what it is - heaven forbid GGG put some sort of "this is what killed you" feedback in... it's the dumbest part of the game.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I don't know what they did with the newest patch but the textures take like 5 secs to load everytime I go to town zones or my hideout for the first time, maps seem to be mostly ok though.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I don't know what they did with the newest patch but the textures take like 5 secs to load everytime I go to town zones or my hideout for the first time, maps seem to be mostly ok though.

I was getting that before the patch to be honest. The textures loading have always been a problem - they used to just not load at all and then appear - now it seems they start fuzzy/hazy and slowly come into focus.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I stopped playing in Heist league b/c I thought it was garbage. In Harvest and prior I had a bit of texture delay but it was only about 10 seconds or so. In Ritual I've had delays of 45-60 seconds pretty often before the patch. Since the patch it's been even longer.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

ohhhh I see what you mean now. I didn't play I guess after that latest patch that you mentioned.
Yeah - it's HORRIBLE.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
They introduced texture streaming in this league. So as typical with them, it's going to take multiple patch attempts before it works correctly with each patch saying "it's fixed". I feel that as a company they either don't have skilled employees, their implementation process is broken or they're trying to slap too much lip stick on their engine. Simply because this is a repeated theme. Games have been used texture streaming for a long time now so this is should be a none issue completely but with them it's of course not.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
They introduced texture streaming in this league. So as typical with them, it's going to take multiple patch attempts before it works correctly with each patch saying "it's fixed". I feel that as a company they either don't have skilled employees, their implementation process is broken or they're trying to slap too much lip stick on their engine. Simply because this is a repeated theme. Games have been used texture streaming for a long time now so this is should be a none issue completely but with them it's of course not.

what is the point of streaming texture when the download is multi gigabyte to begin with?

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
...I feel that as a company they either don't have skilled employees, their implementation process is broken or they're trying to slap too much lip stick on their engine...

I've felt the same for a long while, I wonder if it's something to do with the fact that they're based in NZ, might be harder to hire because not many people like moving to NZ, nice country but it's extremely far away from everywhere besides Australia.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
My RF build getting REAL squishy as I get to red maps. I have to be REALLY conscious of what the mods are (no reduced life regen, no reduced resistances etc). Even some times avoiding those I am getting one-hit (or very-quick-hit) in the bigger ritual mobs. And that stupid guardian that spits poison... cripes. And I even grabbed special removes poison flasks to battle them.

Can somebody explain the Unwavering Stance node to me a little bit? I honestly don't get the advantage of it, and it was/is a node I avoided because of that. Is it worth the point?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
No, not on a life based character in softcore. If you die a few times to stun it's not really a big deal. If you want some suggestions for changes for more DPS I can toss you some. I can see somethings you can swap around to get things up a bit more.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
No, not on a life based character in softcore. If you die a few times to stun it's not really a big deal. If you want some suggestions for changes for more DPS I can toss you some. I can see somethings you can swap around to get things up a bit more.

Yeah - I didn't think it was worthwhile, that's why I never invested in it
POB showing me RF at roughly 410K DPS if I recall. If you can squeak some more out, lemme know. I'm honestly more interested in survivability more than anything. that or I guess I just need to be more careful about what I'm doing too that always helps :)

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005

You're stats were:
500kdps
6.58k life
236 life regen

After my changes they are:
742k dps
6.43k life
628 life regen
+More

I put the basic description of the items to buy as the name for the item I changed. First thing you want to do is grab a Vaal Righteous Fire and dump the regular version you have. The reason people use the Vaal version is that it gives you a massive damage increase for at least 4 seconds at the cost of 30% of your life...which you can just flask up immediately. Try to grab a 21/20 if you can for cheap but you may have to wait a little bit for one to show up. A 21/23 is going to run you around 1.5ex but it's the by far the biggest DPS increase you can get. For you it's nearly triple damage for 4 seconds.

Next step is to buy the cluster jewels I put in your tree. Those will run you like 100c all together. Try to find ones with life or life regen as I didn't put those things in there, just the notable skills you need. One of them gives 1% life on kill which helps a lot in harder maps. Every time you kill a pack of monsters you're getting 600-1200 life back.

From here you should redo your flasks. You have 3 life flasks when you should be able to get by with 1. Change 1 to a divine flask of heat. Drop the other two for a well rolled rumi's concotion and a cinderswallow with 3% life regen. Finally change the quicksilver flask to of warding to mitigate curses. Total cost for all of that is 2ex and you'll get double your block change as well as onslaught, another 1% life recovery on kill.

After that you want to get a 6L all white Astral Plate that has 10-15% increased life recovery rate with a big life roll and ideally an empty prefix so you can craft %life/%mana. That Astral should run you about 2 to 4ex. A 15% increased life recovery roll basically doubles your life regen. If you prefer damage then you can get same specs above but instead of life recovery get frenzy change on hit. This will give you 10% more damage at 3 charges.

Following those you want to swap out your amulet for a +1 fire skill gem with a good life roll and some resists. When you do this buy a lvl 21 vitality and a lvl 21 purity of fire. The amulet plus the 21 purity of fire will get you another +1 max fire resist. The amulet is going to run you about 1.5ex and the gems are about 60c each. Put a filter up while you're playing for the amulet though as sometimes they show up for like 60c so this one is rather random.

Finally, I would drop infused channeling for Cyclone for a 20/20 increased critical strikes. To proc Elemental Overload you have to crit but your crit chance is like 3% with Cyclone so I imagine it's almost never up. Increased critical strikes moves that to around 8%. Also, you should change your CWDT level from 14 to 1 and the same thing for Wave of Conviction. You want this thing to pop off all the time not when you take medium damage. It's the only thing you have that applies fire exposure which is a huge DPS increase for you.

Last edited:
  • Love

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

You're stats were:
500kdps
6.58k life
236 life regen

After my changes they are:
742k dps
6.43k life
628 life regen
+More

I put the basic description of the items to buy as the name for the item I changed. First thing you want to do is grab a Vaal Righteous Fire and dump the regular version you have. The reason people use the Vaal version is that it gives you a massive damage increase for at least 4 seconds at the cost of 30% of your life...which you can just flask up immediately. Try to grab a 21/20 if you can for cheap but you may have to wait a little bit for one to show up. A 21/23 is going to run you around 1.5ex but it's the by far the biggest DPS increase you can get. For you it's nearly triple damage for 4 seconds.

Next step is to buy the cluster jewels I put in your tree. Those will run you like 100c all together. Try to find ones with life or life regen as I didn't put those things in there, just the notable skills you need. One of them gives 1% life on kill which helps a lot in harder maps. Every time you kill a pack of monsters you're getting 600-1200 life back.

From here you should redo your flasks. You have 3 life flasks when you should be able to get by with 1. Change 1 to a divine flask of heat. Drop the other two for a well rolled rumi's concotion and a cinderswallow with 3% life regen. Finally change the quicksilver flask to of warding to mitigate curses. Total cost for all of that is 2ex and you'll get double your block change as well as onslaught, another 1% life recovery on kill.

After that you want to get a 6L all white Astral Plate that has 10-15% increased life recovery rate with a big life roll and ideally an empty prefix so you can craft %life/%mana. That Astral should run you about 2 to 4ex. A 15% increased life recovery roll basically doubles your life regen. If you prefer damage then you can get same specs above but instead of life recovery get frenzy change on hit. This will give you 10% more damage at 3 charges.

Following those you want to swap out your amulet for a +1 fire skill gem with a good life roll and some resists. When you do this buy a lvl 21 vitality and a lvl 21 purity of fire. The amulet plus the 21 purity of fire will get you another +1 max fire resist. The amulet is going to run you about 1.5ex and the gems are about 60c each. Put a filter up while you're playing for the amulet though as sometimes they show up for like 60c so this one is rather random.

Finally, I would drop infused channeling for Cyclone for a 20/20 increased critical strikes. To proc Elemental Overload you have to crit but your crit chance is like 3% with Cyclone so I imagine it's almost never up. Increased critical strikes moves that to around 8%. Also, you should change your CWDT level from 14 to 1 and the same thing for Wave of Conviction. You want this thing to pop off all the time not when you take medium damage. It's the only thing you have that applies fire exposure which is a huge DPS increase for you.

I need to send you a cake :)
Great... there goes my productive weekend around the house.
I will digest this all, implement it, and report back ASAP.

THANK YOU

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
rstrohkirch you're pretty good at this game. You play solo or in parties/guilds? I've made it level 93 this league which I've only done once before all the way back in Delve, with a Ele Hit Scion. I haven't played too much few the last few leagues, outright skipping some. But this league the league mechanic is simple enough and I don't have to leave maps for it like Heist so I'm playing much more.

I really need to upgrade my gear to map faster (playing toxic rain) but I always put off trading. I've got about 22 pure exalts saved, half of which I made yesterday thanks to a lucky streak of drops. A lot of other currencies sitting in stash that I should sell since I don't craft anything complicated. My dream is to get a headhunter this league lol, I've never saved up enough for one.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
What's your main account name? I can look over your guy and give you some ideas for upgrade. You easily have enough currency to make your guy complete end game, do nearly anything.

• Love

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Thanks, here's my profile link, only the one char in ritual:

So far the most expensive gear I've bought is a six link Quill rain for 1 exalt. Everything else was bought for 1-3chaos. Cluster jewels were self crafted after buying the correct implicits for 5-15chaos, otherwise they were going to cost multiple exalts. I've got two sets, 1 is added to tree already and another I've got crafted and ready to put in. Pots I self crafted this league. Toxic rain I vaaled to 21 just now, finally after 5-6 tries. Just ruined my empower this morning, I've just going to buy one now so I can add skitterbots. I need to buy new jewels as well, got a few empty sockets on tree. I'll need to respec as well to add my 2nd cluster jewel set. I think I'm currently a little over 5k HP, I'm not really dying unless I do stupid things (Like Delirium or run around the darkness in Delve).

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Sounds like you have a good idea where you want to go already. Just glancing over the numbers, you're around 1.5m DPS right now with flasks up. As you mentioned you plan on changing a bunch of things but the big DPS gainer for you is the amulet. For 3-5ex you can get a +1 gem, DOT multi amulet with life and room to craft something. This is worth 22-24% more damage on your current config. Moving over to a double damage notable 8 passive large cluster will help a lot as well. A 20% chaos DOT multi, attack speed, life and chaos to attacks quiver is worth another 8-10% damage over your current quiver. After you make your changes and buy some of the above items I imagine you'll have 60-80% more damage than you did before.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Thanks, I'm actually looking for a quiver right now, I crafted add chaos damage to attacks on my current quiver and then realized it does nothing for toxic rain. Definitely need a new amulet, I was looking for +1 dex and +1 chaos ammys with chaos dot or life, it will cost me atleast 7 ex, so I'm going to upgrade the quiver first. Changing my current amulet will also cause str/int issues so basicallly I will need to change a lot of gear once I get my amulet. Just added a thread of hope and a 2nd cluster set, still need another medium jewel but I'm out of spec points so I need to level.