Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 78 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Ok I finally learned how to create a new instance by an accidental Ctrl click today. Not that I needed to before but I'm planning to farm the Dried Lake till I hit level 77 as recommended earlier.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Ok I finally learned how to create a new instance by an accidental Ctrl click today. Not that I needed to before but I'm planning to farm the Dried Lake till I hit level 77 as recommended earlier.

Don't feel required to stay in Dried lake until 77.
The new map system rewards running maps earlier, so maybe see how the XP gain is and at a point, it might diminish to a point
that mapping would make more sense, especially as you run Tier 3 + maps.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I actually got bored of running Dry Lake after about three times so started to do maps. I'd already done the Jungle map earlier in Act 3 when I unlocked the maps and I found the boss really hard (died multiple times to it) and that's why I stopped with maps back then. I just did the other three tier 1 maps and they were much easier (0 deaths). I also found a new NPC, Zana and she is now in my hideout (had to kick another NPC out to make space). I found two chests which drop maps and I portalled out to get some Alchemy orbs to use on them so I now loads of tier 1 maps including a few rares and one chest dropped around ten tier 2 maps (all Beach) as well.

A few times I've run a map and I didn't pick up a map in it so I'm concerned about running out of higher tier maps. Should I modifying maps before running them? I modified a tier 2 map and it got the multiple projectiles mod and another hard one and it took me forever to clear it.

Also, using three maps to make 1 higher tier map seems really inefficient but I did that with my extra tier 1 maps.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
With maps, you want pack size modifiers, more rare and more magic monsters. The more creatures, the more drops. With Atlas though, you want to first unlock it and gain the bonus, so magic is fine until yellow maps.

As far as mods go, don't do ones that you don't like or can't safely do. Every death gets exponentially more punishing in terms of time to get that 10% back. Easy modes are usually smothering (20% less regen) and bloodlines.

If you're online tonight I can give you some maps to start unlocking quickly and get going.

And, since you're getting into maps, www.steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=778530681 is a good general guide to item valuation.

Last edited:

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Spent 80 regrets and now my marauder is an RF Mjolner Berserker. And I can facetank Izaro and Argus in uber lab!

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Spent 80 regrets and now my marauder is an RF Mjolner Berserker. And I can facetank Izaro and Argus in uber lab!

I am up to 12.6k ES... with plenty of room for growth. My target (currency permitting) is to hit 14k. :)

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Up to 91 completed on my atlas!

Also my 6L carcass jack finally sold. Now I have 8ex lol

Larochepiano

Oct 13, 2016
I've been playing Poe on and off for 3 years now, this season i'm currently level 88 in Hardcore essence league, I got my first 6 link body , cost me 30 jewelers and 50 fusing ( yes i'm very lucky ). I'm doing tier 8-9 map, but i feel like i hit a wall, I can't seem to advance, i don't know if it's because I am scared of getting killed or something.

Larochepiano

Oct 13, 2016
I'm using a BV , CI build , I have 8.9k ES , with 5 power charge I have 26k DPS. I'm at the point where I need 150+ chaos orb to update 1 piece of equipment, so i'm just farming for hours and I get bored :(

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Playing after a long break since the Canadian Thanksgiving. Found my first Exalted Orb and also sold my first item. I sold 'The Bringer of Rain, Nightmare Bascinet' for four Chaos Orbs. Looking back, it's no wonder it sold so fast. I think it had better stats (the rolls on +life and %eva+armour increase) than every listing on poe.trade and they're priced upto 15 chaos.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
I'm using a BV , CI build , I have 8.9k ES , with 5 power charge I have 26k DPS. I'm at the point where I need 150+ chaos orb to update 1 piece of equipment, so i'm just farming for hours and I get bored :(

That is a really low es value. . . o_O

Can you link your character?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Here is the link at my profile, https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Darkgiox/characters . Like I said before it's the first time I reach that high in PoE, i know my rings are for farming and I need a better shield, but like I said it's a longggggg grind to get some chaos orbs. My char is named Lolwetcom
You should get a Vinktar's ASAP. If you can't get the phys conversion (most expensive), get the lightning pen one (cheapest) and replace Increase Crits with Phys to Lightning (you're running 2). Also, your shield (minus the block) is easily upgradable with ES, spell damage, and spell crit. And, work towards replacing Atziri's with a Taste of Hate.

And, do your uber. Master Herbalist will increase your single target. I'd also argue Veteran Bowyer is better than Nature's Boom. On long fights, just swap your Quicksilver for Overflowing Chalice and you should be fine.

And, if you don't need the resist on the chest, you're better off spamming 150 chaos on that to hit 750+ ES than buying something else.

You'll probably also get rocked to stun. Skyforth is the ideal solution, but Eye of Chayula ammy is fine.

As far as your tree, you shouldn't need strength and should go through Written in Blood ES / Mana rather than the intelligence node and the big strength.

And, I believe Eleron 7 increased Energy Shield on the amulet will be way better than flat ES craft.

AND, your flasks are disgustingly bad. You have no freeze and no shock. How did you make it past Merc Act 3?

Last edited:

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Ah, you're using Rathpith+Rainbowstrides with Rumi's for max block/spellblock. That will limit your ES. It's crazy strong, however, and not worth changing IMO.

Smackababy... is so wrong on nearly everything it's painful.

You should get a Vinktar's ASAP. If you can't get the phys conversion (most expensive), get the lightning pen one (cheapest) and replace Increase Crits with Phys to Lightning (you're running 2). Also, your shield (minus the block) is easily upgradable with ES, spell damage, and spell crit. And, work towards replacing Atziri's with a Taste of Hate.

And, do your uber. Master Herbalist will increase your single target. I'd also argue Veteran Bowyer is better than Nature's Boom. On long fights, just swap your Quicksilver for Overflowing Chalice and you should be fine.

And, if you don't need the resist on the chest, you're better off spamming 150 chaos on that to hit 750+ ES than buying something else.

You'll probably also get rocked to stun. Skyforth is the ideal solution, but Eye of Chayula ammy is fine.

As far as your tree, you shouldn't need strength and should go through Written in Blood ES / Mana rather than the intelligence node and the big strength.

And, I believe Eleron 7 increased Energy Shield on the amulet will be way better than flat ES craft.

AND, your flasks are disgustingly bad. You have no freeze and no shock. How did you make it past Merc Act 3?

There's no upgrade to Rathpith + Rumi's, nothing else will keep him alive that well. Definitely will want a Vinktar's ASAP, shit is retarded OP.

Definitely do Uber. You don't really have good poison scaling in the tree but it's still the best damage boost available.

Stun definitely is a big issue, but chayula is a huge damage loss (no crit multi). Get a Valyrium ring instead. Your other ring, replace the Ventors with a good Diamond or resist base. Get an ES prefix in there.

Get an amulet with strength if you need strength and pick up the 2 life/ES nodes to Written in Blood instead of the 10 int and the 30str nodes, that part I agree with.

He has an antifreeze flask (quicksilver). Shock removal isn't a big deal until he gets Vinktar.

Other than critiquing smack's critique... :p

Your belt has a WED craft. This does literally nothing for you. Unfortunately there's not really much better to replace it with. Eventually you'll want to upgrade this belt for more resists/str or replace the str roll with flask duration suffix.

Get some GCPs and quality up your blade vortex, bare minimum. You're missing 6% increased AoE by not having 20q.

But by far the biggest problem I see is just stun immunity. Get the Valyrium ring, upgrade other gear to recap resists, you'll wonder how you ever played without it.

Larochepiano

Oct 13, 2016
Thank you very much for the tips! and Smack, I have a anti freeze pot, you really need to check before posting, I've had 10+ character past merc act 3, you don't "need" a freeze or shock pot you just need to be careful. I only play a couple of hours per week, but I will try all the good tips you guys gave me, thank you very much! I'll try to work towards getting a Vinktar's and some better rings.

Edit: I saw a lot of pros/streamer use Curse immunity on their pots, so I guess it's not a bad thing to have.
I am not running 2 increased crit, I am running 1 Increase crit chance and 1 increase crit dmg.

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Thank you very much for the tips! and Smack, I have a anti freeze pot, you really need to check before posting, I've had 10+ character past merc act 3, you don't "need" a freeze or shock pot you just need to be careful. I only play a couple of hours per week, but I will try all the good tips you guys gave me, thank you very much! I'll try to work towards getting a Vinktar's and some better rings.

Edit: I saw a lot of pros/streamer use Curse immunity on their pots, so I guess it's not a bad thing to have.
I am not running 2 increased crit, I am running 1 Increase crit chance and 1 increase crit dmg.

Of course you don't "need" it, but one freeze can easily send you to standard. Shocked ground and you take a big hit? Yep, back to standard. Sorry about missing be flask and gem though. PoE character thing is finicky on mobile.

And, your DPS isn't as bad as you think. Tool tip id for one stack sustained DPS. Divide that by your cast per second and multiply it by 20. That is your "real" DPS. If you an sustain 20 stacks. It doesn't account for mitigation though.

I assumed you needed the resists from the Ventors and the amulet would be the most forgivable slot to swap with Eye, even at a DPS loss. If you want to go block and keep Rathpith Globe is unbeatable. Though, a good ES shield with spell crit and spell damage is going to be more damage. If you stay block, focus on getting a good ring.

Curse immune flasks are really good. Atziri's curse reflect is a joke and silence on strongboxes doesn't happen. You don't need bleed flask with PF.

I'd also argue you get more damage from added fire than crit damage. 44% pre crit additional fire damage is a lot.

Last edited:

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I found a new rare map (Spider Lair) and entered it. First mob is a bunch of zombies and I fire and right away I'm dead. I thought I lagged out and went back in the map and realized the map had a physical damage reflect mod. Thankfully I've been levelling a Physical to Lightning support gem and linked that in and barely managed to clear the map, attacking ever so slowly.

Larochepiano

Oct 13, 2016
Of course you don't "need" it, but one freeze can easily send you to standard. Shocked ground and you take a big hit? Yep, back to standard. Sorry about missing be flask and gem though. PoE character thing is finicky on mobile.

And, your DPS isn't as bad as you think. Tool tip id for one stack sustained DPS. Divide that by your cast per second and multiply it by 20. That is your "real" DPS. If you an sustain 20 stacks. It doesn't account for mitigation though.

I assumed you needed the resists from the Ventors and the amulet would be the most forgivable slot to swap with Eye, even at a DPS loss. If you want to go block and keep Rathpith Globe is unbeatable. Though, a good ES shield with spell crit and spell damage is going to be more damage. If you stay block, focus on getting a good ring.

Curse immune flasks are really good. Atziri's curse reflect is a joke and silence on strongboxes doesn't happen. You don't need bleed flask with PF.

I'd also argue you get more damage from added fire than crit damage. 44% pre crit additional fire damage is a lot.
I know my DPS is not that bad, I took the Ventors because like I said before I don't play much often so I thought having those rings would help me get good drops I could sell, I didn't want to go block but atm it's the best i could afford to survive and farm higher maps, I follow some pros of PoE and I often look at their builds.

Anyways thanks for looking at my build and commenting, I will use those tips to get better!

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I think block is good, but when you have 30% instant leech with Vinktars and 12k ES, there is no reason for it.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Looks like 75c is about what you'd need for a lightning pen one. 285c is the cheapest conversion flask in EHC listed. Depending on how fast you can farm, it may be worth saving up for the conversion rater than the pen, as it is significantly better.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I finally hit 15k ES with 3 Additional chains to Arc from helm. :cool:
10 Chain Arc is amazing, very little can drop me, (unless I am stunned) except mobs with 100% additional damage added

Larochepiano

Oct 13, 2016
Looks like 75c is about what you'd need for a lightning pen one. 285c is the cheapest conversion flask in EHC listed. Depending on how fast you can farm, it may be worth saving up for the conversion rater than the pen, as it is significantly better.
Yeah, I might just save for the conversion one!