Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 51 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Yeah I realize that. But I also realize I don't want to go through the same damn thing several times -- once is enough.

To make you happy, I will do the cruel run tonight and get it over with. Elementalist points blow chunks anyways.

Oh, everyone is going to go through a lot more than once. Helm enchants are OP. 20% damage increase of your main skill? Yeah, I'll be here all night. =(

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Oh, everyone is going to go through a lot more than once. Helm enchants are OP. 20% damage increase of your main skill? Yeah, I'll be here all night. =(

I am realizing how good they are.
I took the mana reduction to boots after being hit on my Merciless run.
Will definitely run it some more.
Also in regards to the switches, sometimes you need to hit 3 in quick succession.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
You guys having to deal with the memory leak? Every few minutes in Windows 10 I get a popup from Windows telling me I am out of ram. If I check the task manager POE is pushing my ram to about 100% AND the disk. That said, I get mega lag spikes (which kill me in the labyrinth) and zoning takes about a minute. My laptop isn't great but it does have 8 gigs of ram and a 7200 rpm drive.

For the labyrinth, I wasn't sure what as needed. So all we need to do is get the golden keys to open those doors and if we're in a zone which is circled as either silver or circle we can get out and go back? That's good to know.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

I am realizing how good they are.
I took the mana reduction to boots after being hit on my Merciless run.
Will definitely run it some more.
Also in regards to the switches, sometimes you need to hit 3 in quick succession.

I did cruel last night and got some lame-ass "Edict of Force" enchantment for my gloves. Guess I should have taken the boot enchantment instead. Will have to re-run it. :(

With 4 elementalist points, totems are up to 8.8K each (flexing to 9.9K when the 100% kicks in every 10 secs). Not too shabby. I gotta say for a MF, this totem build is pretty potent.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
You guys having to deal with the memory leak? Every few minutes in Windows 10 I get a popup from Windows telling me I am out of ram. If I check the task manager POE is pushing my ram to about 100% AND the disk. That said, I get mega lag spikes (which kill me in the labyrinth) and zoning takes about a minute. My laptop isn't great but it does have 8 gigs of ram and a 7200 rpm drive.

For the labyrinth, I wasn't sure what as needed. So all we need to do is get the golden keys to open those doors and if we're in a zone which is circled as either silver or circle we can get out and go back? That's good to know.

Haven't had any memory issues. They must have been having server issues this morning as I was logged in and it crashed twice (both of course while I was in a great map!)

Also, I bought the new currency tab immediately upon seeing it. Excellent idea.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010

I think the latest patch was supposed to address this

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
I think the latest patch was supposed to address this

Looking at the thread though it appears that people are still having issues after the patch. Actually, if anything it's worse as before it was just slow and now I get constant low memory popups when playing.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I did cruel last night and got some lame-ass "Edict of Force" enchantment for my gloves. Guess I should have taken the boot enchantment instead. Will have to re-run it. :(

With 4 elementalist points, totems are up to 8.8K each (flexing to 9.9K when the 100% kicks in every 10 secs). Not too shabby. I gotta say for a MF, this totem build is pretty potent.

What does that enchant do?
How does the build compare to our old builds?

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
So... run it again and hope for something better?

This is an arpg, bad rewards are the norm, it makes you appreciate the good ones when they happen.

On a separate topic, CURRENCY TAB OMG <3

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
So... run it again and hope for something better?

This is an arpg, bad rewards are the norm, it makes you appreciate the good ones when they happen.

On a separate topic, CURRENCY TAB OMG <3

Yeah I get that I can run it again and get a different mod. Point is, as previously stated, I HATE running the labyrinths :) I gotta be in the right mood to put up with it.

Yeah currency tab is nice. I bought as soon as I saw it this morning.
Of course people on forums bitching about it... whatever. Can't please everyone I guess.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I'm considering spending $5 more to get a currwncy tab and then upgrade a few others to premium.

Wife decided to vacuum during merc lab and I got one shot. Have 700 more life now for 4300 total plus a flask change setup and I should blow through it.

On another note my mf is working great, turned 40+ chaos each of the last three days. Still got plenty I want to buy though.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'm considering spending $5 more to get a currwncy tab and then upgrade a few others to premium.

Wife decided to vacuum during merc lab and I got one shot. Have 700 more life now for 4300 total plus a flask change setup and I should blow through it.

On another note my mf is working great, turned 40+ chaos each of the last three days. Still got plenty I want to buy though.

Christ -- I'm not getting anywhere NEAR that amount.
What's your IIR/IIQ?

What's weird is I did start out REALLY hot with my MF getting tons of high value currency and/or item drops that I sold for chaos. It's really been shit as of late though.

:(
Now, granted I have spent a ton too :)
I guess I could do some serious selling of fusings if I wanted to convert to Cs

fyq6o.jpg

Last edited:

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
I'm currently sitting on 200 chaos + an exalt, without MF. You just gotta play more to make dat money.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Out of town tonight so not sure.

I think 61/230 when divine distillation is up which is most rare and unique bosses and many blue packs.

44/180 without the flask.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I spent 180 chaos yesterday between stuff.

My wishlist without getting anything super high end is still a good 200+ chaos and then I'll just be banking. I guess saving up to boost my standard toons some day.

Speaking of IIQ, I dropped an exalt on a legacy item quantity gem on standard this week too.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Looking at the thread though it appears that people are still having issues after the patch. Actually, if anything it's worse as before it was just slow and now I get constant low memory popups when playing.
I'm going to download the non-steam client. I guess it runs smoother.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Christ -- I'm not getting anywhere NEAR that amount.
What's your IIR/IIQ?

What's weird is I did start out REALLY hot with my MF getting tons of high value currency and/or item drops that I sold for chaos. It's really been shit as of late though.

:(
Now, granted I have spent a ton too :)
I guess I could do some serious selling of fusings if I wanted to convert to Cs

fyq6o.jpg
Sell those fuses, jeweled, and chromes and you'll have plenty of funds to purchase something nice.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I spent 180 chaos yesterday between stuff.

My wishlist without getting anything super high end is still a good 200+ chaos and then I'll just be banking. I guess saving up to boost my standard toons some day.

Speaking of IIQ, I dropped an exalt on a legacy item quantity gem on standard this week too.

Sell those fuses, jeweled, and chromes and you'll have plenty of funds to purchase something nice.

Yeah I've purchased expensive MF gear with my funds early. At this point I don't have much else to buy for this toon -- I just want to level to 85 or so until I hit "that wall" then roll a new toon and have lots of money to buy them some luxury items early on.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Yeah I've purchased expensive MF gear with my funds early. At this point I don't have much else to buy for this toon -- I just want to level to 85 or so until I hit "that wall" then roll a new toon and have lots of money to buy them some luxury items early on.

I have had the worst drought of drops this toon. Not even messing around.
Things are starting to get a tiny bit better but if some toons are lucky, some are medium... this one is a lemon. :D
However with that said... now that I am lvl 75 and starting to run Maps I know it will improve. :cool:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I have had the worst drought of drops this toon. Not even messing around.
Things are starting to get a tiny bit better but if some toons are lucky, some are medium... this one is a lemon. :D
However with that said... now that I am lvl 75 and starting to run Maps I know it will improve. :cool:

STARTING maps at 75? I'm level 79 and am running T4/5 maps quite routinely.

Drops seem to vary day by day. I mean some days it's just crazy with high value orbs everywhere and orange as far as the eye can see. Then other days it's just yellows and alts. Drives me nuts.

I gotta get my hands on more whetstones though. I got 2 pages of hammers to upgrade.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
STARTING maps at 75? I'm level 79 and am running T4/5 maps quite routinely.

Drops seem to vary day by day. I mean some days it's just crazy with high value orbs everywhere and orange as far as the eye can see. Then other days it's just yellows and alts. Drives me nuts.

I gotta get my hands on more whetstones though. I got 2 pages of hammers to upgrade.

I don't start maps until 79. Dried lake is just too good for XP.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Word. I figure I'll get at least 36 challenges. If the last few are pesky I'm not worried about 40.

I'll probably play some standard lol. Still have 3 solid toons who could use a lot of love.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Word. I figure I'll get at least 36 challenges. If the last few are pesky I'm not worried about 40.

I'll probably play some standard lol. Still have 3 solid toons who could use a lot of love.

Exactly -- I have 2 toons in standard that could seriously use this money.