Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 83 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Game launches at 10pm my time so I won't play tooooo much the first night, but should be mapping on Saturday. Going chaos poison golem as a starter build unless it gets nerfed tomorrow in notes. Radius of auras took a hit but I should be fine still.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Ok. I'm likely coming back for this league -- at least for a month or two.
I vowed to put down my PS4 controller for 1 month before MLB The Show '17 comes out and it just happens to correspond with this new league being released as well.

So I got a totem build of some nature in my future! :)

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Somebody help me out (again) here.
What build should I use for this upcoming league?

My brother keeps insisting that King of the Forest or Hand of Wisdom and Action are the best two builds for the next league. I have no idea what I'm building. I just know that I like raider a lot so I'll probably do something related to that.

Reactions: Homerboy

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I tried a bunch of different builds in Breach but my old favorite remains flame totem. This time around I may build one based on a Templar to see how that goes, supposed to be a lot more damage but more fragile. I have a shoulder problem that is aggravated by a toon that requires a lot of action.

My initial toon will either be a whirly or possibly Pizza Stick's flameblast totem.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
My brother keeps insisting that King of the Forest or Hand of Wisdom and Action are the best two builds for the next league. I have no idea what I'm building. I just know that I like raider a lot so I'll probably do something related to that.

Howa gear won't be easy to get right off the bat but it didn't receive a nerf. KotF is a terrible starter, lots of tough to get gear if you want to be powerful. I ran one last week and they are fun but it got nerfed on several gear slots.

Flame totem and pizza sticks are both decent starters.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Howa gear won't be easy to get right off the bat but it didn't receive a nerf. KotF is a terrible starter, lots of tough to get gear if you want to be powerful. I ran one last week and they are fun but it got nerfed on several gear slots.

Flame totem and pizza sticks are both decent starters.

Pizza sticks?
As this thread knows, I LOVE my flame totem builds :)

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Friday night was great! Made it through Merc Piety right before midnight and went to bed. The rest of the weekend wasn't so good... I'm almost level 82, but I've really dropped nothing. My best drop was a Queen of the Forest that my brother grabbed for his KotF build. Other than that I've dropped no exalts, no divines, no reliquaries. I've found only chaos or lower items and about 20 chaos total. Mapping has been okay. I've got two T7 maps, but the drops have been so terrible it's really been frustrating.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Made it to level 48 with my Fireblast Totem build. Just beat normal difficulty.
Really not getting too much currency to drop. My equipment sucks too I think. Really nothing exciting and even the rares I do have stink.
Lots of fun though -- LOVE the sound the Fireblast makes. Reminds me of fireworks echoing off building in a city. Super cool.

Enjoying the "throwback" league thus far. I'm so lost with all the shit there is though. Essences? I just keep piling them up and saving in my inventory. Think I figured out the mechanics of Breeches at this point.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Made it to level 48 with my Fireblast Totem build. Just beat normal difficulty.
Really not getting too much currency to drop. My equipment sucks too I think. Really nothing exciting and even the rares I do have stink.
Lots of fun though -- LOVE the sound the Fireblast makes. Reminds me of fireworks echoing off building in a city. Super cool.

Enjoying the "throwback" league thus far. I'm so lost with all the shit there is though. Essences? I just keep piling them up and saving in my inventory. Think I figured out the mechanics of Breeches at this point.

Yeah I can't imagine being a new player and trying to figure everything out... I'm not sure if it would be completely amazing or completely overwhelming... There's just so much research involved in PoE in order to catch up with those of us who have played for years... I did flameblast totems too. It was amazingly easy to level. The only thing that gives me issues so far is breaches. I can't kill things fast enough...

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Well I've played for years -- just taken the last year or so off. So trying to catch up on what I missed and remember everything I've forgotten :)

With breaches, I've found that if I just run around the edge of the expanding circle and lay totems I can kill tons of stuff. When I hit the "boss" or whatever I just concentrate on them.

I didn't see many people in the ATOT Guild online at all, and the Guild Stash was empty. Nobody playing together anymore?

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
For now at least I'm playing the solo self found subleague-that means I don't see any parties or the guild stash. I suspect a fair number of people are doing that. In Act 1 Merciless now, weak equipment and mediocre resists. Haven't even found one five socket body armor of any type yet.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
For now at least I'm playing the solo self found subleague-that means I don't see any parties or the guild stash. I suspect a fair number of people are doing that. In Act 1 Merciless now, weak equipment and mediocre resists. Haven't even found one five socket body armor of any type yet.

I usually find more exalts per league than I do 5 links. You'll probably have to save up your fusings for 5 link craft.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I usually find more exalts per league than I do 5 links. You'll probably have to save up your fusings for 5 link craft.

I usually find a 5-link in a day of play (like 8 hours). Exalts on the other hand are about once in 3-4 weeks of steady play probably averaging 4-5 hours a day. Maybe check your filter?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I usually find a 5-link in a day of play (like 8 hours). Exalts on the other hand are about once in 3-4 weeks of steady play probably averaging 4-5 hours a day. Maybe check your filter?

I usually find 2-3 per league and they're usually weapons. Last league I found 3 and only 1 was body armor. I usually find 3-4 exalts per league. I've already found 1 and I'm only level 55.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I usually find 2-3 per league and they're usually weapons. Last league I found 3 and only 1 was body armor. I usually find 3-4 exalts per league. I've already found 1 and I'm only level 55.

I'm at five 5-links and no exalts so far. I'm level 84. You're a little exalt lucky and super 5-link unlucky :)

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
A low roll 5 link is only 2-4 chaos on poe.trade

Yeah I know. I planned on buying one tonight actually.
But what I COULD use from somebody is a Increased Critical Strikes gem. Can't buy as a Templar and haven't have a drop yet :(

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Yeah I know. I planned on buying one tonight actually.
But what I COULD use from somebody is a Increased Critical Strikes gem. Can't buy as a Templar and haven't have a drop yet :(

You can actually. The changed Siosa(the ghost from the painting in the library) to a vendor that you can buy ANY quest based gem from. You just have to complete his quest and the quest that the gem is linked to.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
You can actually. The changed Siosa(the ghost from the painting in the library) to a vendor that you can buy ANY quest based gem from. You just have to complete his quest and the quest that the gem is linked to.

Oh really? I looked on the wiki and it said it wasn't available to Templars.
I did Siosa's mission in normal, and Increased Critical Strikes is awarded after normal "a caged brute"
So where do I buy it from them? Is Siosa in town? Or do I go to him in the library (normal)?