Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 47 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I like the shop tabs for league play. Lots of useful stuff that I sell for 1a or 1c.

Finally bought 6 new premium tabs for a total of 7. I need to play more classes though because I don't know what all is valuable.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I like the shop tabs for league play. Lots of useful stuff that I sell for 1a or 1c.

Finally bought 6 new premium tabs for a total of 7. I need to play more classes though because I don't know what all is valuable.
Remind me how the new Shop tabs work?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Remind me how the new Shop tabs work?
There aren't "shop tabs" per se.

You can just right-click on any item in your stash and assign a price to it -- that will then show up poe.trade.

Now they just have to develop an in-game search feature for items.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
There aren't "shop tabs" per se.

You can just right-click on any item in your stash and assign a price to it -- that will then show up poe.trade.

Now they just have to develop an in-game search feature for items.
This work in any tab or premium tabs only?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
At what level does CA start to shine?

I'm doing great now from 58+. But, I also have a drillneck, empower, and a 5L +1 gems bow. Some magic monsters take a bit and bosses with chaos resistance take some time, but everything else melts.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Premium only. It's worth having at least 1 or 2.
I think I might just do that.

I'm doing great now from 58+. But, I also have a drillneck, empower, and a 5L +1 gems bow. Some magic monsters take a bit and bosses with chaos resistance take some time, but everything else melts.
I need to get a Drillneck and empower. Whats the best way to get an empower? Does it need to be a certain quality?

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Just switched from 5 link tornado shot to 5 link lightning shot and holy crap.

Need a single target attack though, I'm thinking puncture / poison.

Also deciding which ascendant class on my reroll. Strongly considering raider for the defensive nodes for hardcore.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Empower: its drop only so just buy one. Quality helps it level up faster. Level one does nothing, level 2 adds one level to the skill, level 3 adds 2 levels to the skill. Gem caps at 3 so you can get level 4 for +3 via corruption. Takes FOREVER to level this gem.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Empower: its drop only so just buy one. Quality helps it level up faster. Level one does nothing, level 2 adds one level to the skill, level 3 adds 2 levels to the skill. Gem caps at 3 so you can get level 4 for +3 via corruption. Takes FOREVER to level this gem.
Yeah problem is level 2s are going for like 30C or so.

I made a "bad" purchase last night -- 10C for a +94% spell scepter. Didn't look at lvl requirement though. I can't use for another 10 levels :(

Still a decent deal as others were 15C+. So I tossed it back on the market for 12C, maybe I'll make a few bucks.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Eh leveling empower is that bad, especially if you get it early and are using a +1 gems weapon. I get the lvl 2 effect at lvl 1, so it adds extra dps while leveling.

It's like 5x the XP required for a gem to hit 20.

Last edited:

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I need to get some funds and then buy one.
Even a level 2 would be helpful, if I can buy a corrupted one so be it... however
funds are going to be an issue for a little bit. :D

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
POE.TRADE isn't being too helpful (darned mod drop down is too long and I can't find it) but does anyone have recommendation as to items that lower your '% reserved mana'? I went the 'Skills use life instead of mana' and while it's working great for skills, auras are killing me.

And a question on that, I saw one that says '20% less reserved mana', is that against the total of the reservation (a 50% aura would become a 30% aura) or is it against mana itself where if you use 2 aura's that take 50% and 25% this would only lower it to 40% and 20%?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
POE.TRADE isn't being too helpful (darned mod drop down is too long and I can't find it) but does anyone have recommendation as to items that lower your '% reserved mana'? I went the 'Skills use life instead of mana' and while it's working great for skills, auras are killing me.

And a question on that, I saw one that says '20% less reserved mana', is that against the total of the reservation (a 50% aura would become a 30% aura) or is it against mana itself where if you use 2 aura's that take 50% and 25% this would only lower it to 40% and 20%?
I'm assuming you mean you took the Blood Magic node? (lower left corner of the skill tree). If so, there's a small 3 branch off that that node that gets you "mortal conviction" with reduces mana reserved by 50% -- almost a necessity of you're taking Blood Magic and plan on running auras.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Had a 3L Rat's Nest drop last night if anyone is looking for one -- will sell cheap to friends and family :)

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
I'm assuming you mean you took the Blood Magic node? (lower left corner of the skill tree). If so, there's a small 3 branch off that that node that gets you "mortal conviction" with reduces mana reserved by 50% -- almost a necessity of you're taking Blood Magic and plan on running auras.
I have that node too, yes. But I've seen at least one item that lowered it even further. The problem with Blood Magic is that as your HP goes up, the reserved life goes up. It makes the going harder because no matter how many more points I spend on HP, half of it goes and gets reserved.

The simple solution is probably to just limit aura usage. I haven't had much issues so far because I use sweep with a life on hit rune and the additional hit rune so I just heal repeatedly, but against a single boss I get pummeled since too much of my hp is reserved.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
I used to like path of exile. I still do, but less than before...

There seems to be a trend with the game (and many other games), everything becomes easier over time. So, to balance this, new stuff is added that is harder. It's fine in some cases, but now I am playing through for the first time in awhile and it's just silly.

Acts 1-3 were a joke, basically can run through as fast as you can run, only thing slowing me down was when I wanted to do a perandus mob or picking up loot.

Act 4 was like a wall at first. There was some boss in kaom's area I literally couldn't kill, it sends up 3 totems that shoot my so hard it was a 100% stunned until dead situation. I skipped it, killed daresso and killed kaom, some hard fights though. Get to the end, kill malachai, another hard fight with nonsense mechanics. Whatever, it's doable, I'm okay with the difficulty level... but now I enter Act 1 cruel, and the game becomes a complete snore. I'm pretty sure cruel Hillock died faster than most Act 4 white mobs. The difficulty curve is totally out of whack, the whole of Act 1-3 is a huge joke snorefest and then Act 4 is too hard in comparison.

I also find replaying the game exceedingly boring, I wish they would have dropped down to just 2 difficulty levels with Act 4, but whatever. Going to slog through and see how endgame is these days.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I wish at this point you could somehow skip through the Acts and just go to mapping or something -- like give me X points to assign and let me go from there.

I'm pretty bored of the same quests and I've never given too craps about "the story" (I never get into storylines in games)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
aigomorla PC Games 14
aigomorla PC Games 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY