PAT BUCANNAN SAYS HE BELIEVES MANY OF THE 3400 PALM BEACH VOTES WERE INDEED INTENDED FOR GORE!!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Russ:

Isn't practicing law without a license illegal? :p

Get real, none of us has a clue. Maybe Frenchie, or one of the other lawyers has a clue, but not much more.

This isn't a constitutional crisis...yet.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Jeebus! If it's so goddam hard to vote, how do we know that everyone wasn't confused and that Nader should have won? Perhaps there were 40 million people who meant to vote for Browne but accidentaly voted for Gore or Bush because their kids needed to be picked up from school?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
chess9

I'll let you in on a secret. In my line of work, I've talked to thousands of attorneys. They really haven't got a clue either. :p

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I saw it plainly: If Palm Beach County re-votes, THE ENTIRE COUNTRY RE-VOTES. Otherwise, I will file a damn lawsuit to assert my rights to a second chance at the voting booth. Maybe you'll see my name in the news. :D

<< I don't think even you liberals want to see year after year of crisis. Or, maybe you do. >>

Russ, of course they do -- if they ruin the election system in this country and elevate Gore to the Presidency, then it's Democrats who decide what system goes in its place. They'll require urban zip codes for registration and keep all polling booths in large urban areas for &quot;efficiency&quot;.

<< Now, put yourself in a voters mind, a voter who is rushing through the process... >>

Sounds like a personal problem to me. How is that the government's fault or responsibility?

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
BF:

ROFLMAO!! You are probably right. However, in defense of my lawyer, a Duke graduate, he has done a great job for me. (at $175 per hour, he'd better)

Of course, your mileage may vary.