Parents use Myspace to bust anunderage drinking party

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: SirStev0
Originally posted by: KLin
Originally posted by: Mwilding
Since the parents would be liable if one of the kids drove home drunk and died, they did the right thing.

Exactly. +1 to the parents making the other parents aware of what their kids were doing too :thumbsup:.

I imagine many of those parents were aware of what their kids were doing...

It is called High School... Unless you never had a drink under the age of 21 that wasn't church related keep your opinion to your self...

Ohhh... and If you never drank illegal more props to you ... nerd.

Way to be a douchebag, douchebag. :roll:

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
Since the parents would be liable if one of the kids drove home drunk and died, they did the right thing.

Exactly. +1 to the parents making the other parents aware of what their kids were doing too :thumbsup:.

It is called High School... Unless you never had a drink under the age of 21 that wasn't church related keep your opinion to your self...

Every beer you have ever drank is sitting above your bed huh?

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003

Way to be a douchebag, douchebag. :roll:

Did you drink underage?

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Duddy

No... I do enjoy beer and I did drink underage... I am being honest about it...

I am also not being hypocritical... you?

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002

Never had a drink in my life. Cleaner than Jesus.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003

If that is true good for you... It is your choice...

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002

If that is true good for you... It is your choice...

Just as collecting Budweiser merchandise is yours.

PS: I'm just joshing with ya. :p No offense man :)

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Why didn't the parents just confront the daughter before the actual party? Now, the poor kid's going to be the pariah

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I read a scientific survey that showed that girls who begin drinking at an early age (15ish) have a ~70% of becoming alcohalics before they are 25.

I myself don't drink and don't condone underage drinking (My definition for drinking being "getting wasted"). It just seems to do more bad than good. Also, most people who are under 21 are completely immature in regards to behavior under the influence.

But I FULLY support everyone's right to do whatever the f they want under THEIR own roofs.

Sounds like backwards logic driven by bias.

Why not assume girls who have a propensity for alcoholism are more likely to start drinking before the age of 16?

Reminds me of a billboard I see around here that shows a lady crying and says a gun in the home is 11 times more likely to be used in a suicide than to kill an intruder.

Which, of course, seeks to imply the fallacious idea that a gun in the home will make someone kill themselves.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: QueBert
If I don't have ID and I've never been finger printed (example when I was 15) what good would taking me to the station do? Unless they have a machine that can magically ID people they wouldn't be able to figure out who I was. I know this technology does exist but it's not going to work well on non criminal teens, and the people it works on are typically ones who've already been finger printed. Unless of course they had that super elite face scan technology that's on CSI that can id anyone living.

As for having an offers badge, maybe I couldn't, but if the officer illegally co hearsed a person into taking a sobrarity test, action should be taken. I don't care that the kids were underage and drinking, that doesn't give police officers special previliages to violate our rights as citizens. If my son/daughter had been there, refused the test and was put in the back of the police car and taken to the station. I would have his ass because at that point two of my kids rights were broken. (1)Cops cannot arrest you for doing nothing, (2)or just off their assumption you did something.

(3)Cops use scare tactics to abuse their powers all the time, and it's not right. (4)Hell one time I was pulled over for making an improper lane change. They requested to search my car, I said "hell no" and they did it any ways. And because I resisted they left me on the curb for 25 minutes while they did God knows what and left the inside of my car a mess. And conveniently forgot to tell me they had put my keys way underneath the seat (took me 15 minutes to find them) They taught me not to mess with a cop even when you're not in the wrong. I called their captain who basically told me "oh well" nobody cares about peoples rights anymore that's the problem.

1) Indeed, but in this case it would be obstruction or interfering with an investigation
2) It's called probable cause, which allows them to search and/or issues tests which, when refused, allows for #1 above.
3) "Trickery" is perfectly legal in a police investigation
4) In your case an improper lane change likely gave them probable cause to suspect you were drinking. They can detain you and make you wait for a warrant.