Paratrooper walks into NC mall w/loaded AR-15 and gets arrested

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/03/us/north-carolina-mall-gun-arrest/index.html

Soldier Bryan Wolfinger was arrested without incident and charged with "going armed to the terror of the public," police say.

Wolfinger, who is assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division, was carrying the rifle, a Kevlar vest and multiple ammunition magazines, and he intended to have photographs taken with the gun and the other equipment, CNN affiliate WNCN reported, citing Fayetteville police.

"These charges represent actions that are wholly inconsistent with the high standards and values we expect from our paratroopers," Malone said. Fort Bragg is fully cooperating with the police investigation, he said.

WTF dumbass!
you're active military. the army don't want bad publicity like this.

even if he didn't get arrested, all the publicity surrounding it should get him in hot water with his chain of command.

but im surprised he actually got arrested.
others have open carried an AR-15 in other states fine.

thought NC was a pro-gun Repub state?

Last edited:

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Wanting to get your photo in field gear and weapon at the mall is weird. Was he planning to upload it to Facebook and say "here I am on patrol in hostile territory at Spencer Gifts"?

Even if you were still determined to be weird and do this, you'd bring a rubber duckie rather than an actual weapon. Dude is lucky the SWAT team didn't put a .308 round through his brain stem.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Sounds like a dumbass to me. The kevlar vest with magazines was probably what did it, not just the weapon. To take pictures, at Sears?! Attention whore. I hate even seeing Army guys wearing cammies in the mall or other public places. They didn't say if ammo was in the magazines though, that could lead to him having a different agenda other than pictures.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
I'm wondering if the arrest is the least of his problems.. maybe the army will drop him 2 ranks in 1 day because of the incident.

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
I'm wondering if the arrest is the least of his problems.. maybe the army will drop him 2 ranks in 1 day because of the incident.

If he gets a GOMAR his career is over. Probably will.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
With all the BS going on, plus terrorist concerns on 4th of July weekend, who is seriously dumb enough to do this? Obviously this guy...holy christ man...

Caravaggio

Aug 3, 2013
Soldier Bryan Wolfinger was arrested without incident and charged with "going armed to the terror of the public,"police say.
Unless he can be shipped-out to Aleppo, Ramadi or Benghazi double quick, I would say that he has ruined any chance of making it to the 'officer training' cadre.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Unless he can be shipped-out to Aleppo, Ramadi or Benghazi double quick, I would say that he has ruined any chance of making it to the 'officer training' cadre.

He needs to be cleansed by fire and death before becoming an officer?

Brian Stirling

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
So far there have been no pro open carry idiots to chime in here but I expect that to change before long.

And, to those thinking about offering support to this guy ask yourself what you'd want to happen if this guy had been a Somali American named Amiin and he did his stunt in a crowded mall on July 4th. So, pro open carry nuts ... what would you want to happen to such a guy?

Brian

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
what a dumb mother fucker.

it's fucking shitheads like this shit that make it bad for people who are pro-gun. fuck this guy.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
And why a LOADED weapon, if he just wanted photos?

Edit: I just read the article, and it sounds like Wolfinger was carrying clips loaded with live ammo. But it's not clear from the report whether or not Wolfinger had put a loaded clip in the rifle.

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
what a dumb mother fucker.

it's fucking shitheads like this shit that make it bad for people who are pro-gun. fuck this guy.

Yeah its THIS GUY that make it bad for pro gun people.

Not the guy who fired round after round into the flesh and bone of children. Some of them crying "I dont want to be here" with the gunman responding "well you are here" boom boom boom.

Like if shit didnt change after all of those white kids dead then a guy with a gun in SC isnt going to make shit hard for you.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
So far there have been no pro open carry idiots to chime in here but I expect that to change before long.

And, to those thinking about offering support to this guy ask yourself what you'd want to happen if this guy had been a Somali American named Amiin and he did his stunt in a crowded mall on July 4th. So, pro open carry nuts ... what would you want to happen to such a guy?

Brian

I can still support the rights of others to do things I never would and might find idiotic or even abhorrent. Open firearms carry in public areas is one, KKK parades another, Westboro Baptist Church "god hates f@gs" protests a third... anyway I think you get my point.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I can still support the rights of others to do things I never would and might find idiotic or even abhorrent. Open firearms carry in public areas is one, KKK parades another, Westboro Baptist Church "god hates f@gs" protests a third... anyway I think you get my point.

You are tru-murican™

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

this reminds me: we haven't heard from Westboro in the last week...wonder what in the hell they are up to? :hmm:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
this reminds me: we haven't heard from Westboro in the last week...wonder what in the hell they are up to? :hmm:

They haven't had to say anything enough butt hurt religious conservatives have been saying it for them. But that is for another thread.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
why can't the military carry guns in the mall but the police can. I think I would trust the military over the police personally.