Paper is the future.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
This just keeps getting funnier..

Trump calls on US to stop using computers: The solution to cyberattacks is to 'go back' to 'paper'

1623191925185.png

Former President Donald Trump suggested on Monday that the solution to cyberattacks is to stop using computers.

During an interview on Fox Business, host Stuart Varney asked Trump about how the United States should respond to cyberattacks like the one that recently shut down the Colonial Pipeline.

"The way you stop it is you go back to a much more old-fashioned form of accounting and things," Trump said. "You know, I have a son who is so good with computers. He's a young person and he can make these things sing and when you put everything on internet and on all of these machines -- you never see a piece of paper -- I really think that you have to go back to a different form of accounting, a different form of compiling information."

According to the former president, "young people... can't walk without computers."

"As a young person, my 15-year-old son is, you know, he's just a genius with this stuff," he added. "And you have people that are going to break into systems. I think you have to go back and you have to be much more reliant, there has to be much better security."

Trump also admitted that he doesn't understand how hackers get paid for ransomware cyberattacks.

"I don't know how the hell they get paid, by the way, Stuart," he commented. "You're going to have to explain that to me."

"They get paid through Bitcoin," Varney laughed.

"That's another beauty," Trump complained. "The currency of this world should be the dollar. And I don't think we should have all of the Bitcoins of the world out there. I think they should regulate them very, very high."

Watch the video below from Fox Business.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
"They hack someone out"

And they get a 5 million... wait I dont know how they get paid, how do they get paid? - Bitcoin... <pause>

Handmaids Tale much?

Reactions: Pohemi and Leeea

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
This just keeps getting funnier..

Trump calls on US to stop using computers: The solution to cyberattacks is to 'go back' to 'paper'

View attachment 45496

Former President Donald Trump suggested on Monday that the solution to cyberattacks is to stop using computers.

During an interview on Fox Business, host Stuart Varney asked Trump about how the United States should respond to cyberattacks like the one that recently shut down the Colonial Pipeline.

"The way you stop it is you go back to a much more old-fashioned form of accounting and things," Trump said. "You know, I have a son who is so good with computers. He's a young person and he can make these things sing and when you put everything on internet and on all of these machines -- you never see a piece of paper -- I really think that you have to go back to a different form of accounting, a different form of compiling information."

According to the former president, "young people... can't walk without computers."

"As a young person, my 15-year-old son is, you know, he's just a genius with this stuff," he added. "And you have people that are going to break into systems. I think you have to go back and you have to be much more reliant, there has to be much better security."

Trump also admitted that he doesn't understand how hackers get paid for ransomware cyberattacks.

"I don't know how the hell they get paid, by the way, Stuart," he commented. "You're going to have to explain that to me."

"They get paid through Bitcoin," Varney laughed.

"That's another beauty," Trump complained. "The currency of this world should be the dollar. And I don't think we should have all of the Bitcoins of the world out there. I think they should regulate them very, very high."

Watch the video below from Fox Business.

A certain 123poster from pennsatucky approves of this message but only if you make your own paper. Anything else is communism.

Reactions: Meghan54

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I wish he would take his own advice. only interviews and things on paper. he will have to mail everyone his tweets. maybe he could save the postoffice after all.

The postal service is too high-tech. Would be safer if he travelled around (on horseback? No, wait, in a golf-cart!) knocking on the doors of his supporters and then shouting LAW AND ORDER! or muttering something about covefe at them as soon as they answered, before clambering back onto his cart and moving on to the next address.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
"The currency of this world should be the dollar. And I don't think we should have all of the Bitcoins of the world out there. I think they should regulate them very, very high."

Behold the hero President of so-called "libertarian" conservatives. Lol

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Yep, right up there with
"hit the body with this tremendous UV light" or "disinfectant, by injection inside, almost a cleaning".

Fucking word salad from the orange menaced COVID-10 serial killer.

Reactions: Pohemi

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
As a creature of the PC revolution, I remember all those fantasies about eliminating paper. Are you Fn kidding me. The new standard became perfection. How many redos can you do so much easier, right!
Plus the added bonus that you get to be your own secretary. Rant over.
Back to numb nuts. He's a luddite.

Reactions: Burpo and Pohemi
Feb 4, 2009
In a retarded way he has a point.
First real adult job I had was working in the accounting division of a large retailer. The office was really, really, really old building designed to fit hundreds maybe thousands of accountants and paper pusher. Even had an old sign above a then sizable storage area “tabulation room” “QUIET”. This room was at one time filled with people doing math problems regarding finances and inventory control matters.
My office was probably 2/3rds the size of a football field. Designed to hold hundreds of desks, racks upon racks of paper storage.
We had about 20-30 people working in it. With the paper (smaller receipts than the old school paper) we occupied about 1/4 the space that was originally required.
Fast forward to today and I would guess all paper would get scanned then sent to long term offsite storage. Probably don’t need more than five people doing the work we were doing in the early 90s, maybe even fewer like roll all those responsibilities into a different department or contract it out.

Going all or mostly all paper would be a huge office work boon. I could easily imagine big companies like Amazon or even something like Uber having to multiply their office staff by 20 fold maybe even more.

I wish I saved and took more pictures of the place the size and scale of the storage areas were massive. Think the warehouse were the Ark went in Indiana Jones.
Inside the building was also remarkably boring architecture. Plain, drab everything with no windows.

Last edited:
Reactions: jman19 and hal2kilo

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Middle Management and its' beauracracy used to be a huge part of any Corporate structure. It no longer exists largely because of the abandonment of "Paper" caused by PCs.

Reactions: hal2kilo

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
In a retarded way he has a point.
First real adult job I had was working in the accounting division of a large retailer. The office was really, really, really old building designed to fit hundreds maybe thousands of accountants and paper pusher. Even had an old sign above a then sizable storage area “tabulation room” “QUIET”. This room was filled with people doing math problems regarding finances and inventory control matters.
My office was probably 2/3rds the size of a football field. Designed to hold hundreds of desks, racks upon racks of paper storage.
We had about 20-30 people working in it. With the paper (smaller receipts than the old school paper) we occupied about 1/4 the space that was originally required.
Fast forward to today and I would guess all paper would get scanned then sent to long term offsite storage. Probably don’t need more than five people doing the work we were doing in the early 90s, maybe even fewer like roll all those responsibilities into a different department or contract it out.

Going all or mostly all paper would be a huge office work boon. I could easily imagine big companies like Amazon or even something like Uber having to multiply their office staff by 20 fold maybe even more.

I wish I saved and took more pictures of the place the size and scale of the storage areas were massive. Think the warehouse were the Ark went in Indiana Jones.
Inside the building was also remarkably boring architecture. Plain, drab everything with no windows.

Paper is also subject to theft, copying, forging, etc...it's not really more secure. Once again, the party of "fuck your feels" is all about feels.

Instead of progress, fall back to regress. Because fear.

Feb 4, 2009
Paper is also subject to theft, copying, forging, etc...it's not really more secure. Once again, the party of "fuck your feels" is all about feels.

Instead of progress, fall back to regress. Because fear.

Oh yes, don’t take the above as me endorsing the idea of all paper.
Paper flea bites suck, which I think were simply regular fleas and at the time the company was too poor to want to deal with.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Trump be like "paper burns" -> "evidence burns" -> "paper good" -> "computer bad"