Pain in groin/ hernia area after mesh implant, and repeated operations.

Loki592567

Dec 29, 2018
I was 19 when I got the first experience of pain. Shard, knock me to a knee type pain when I was taking some leaves during fall. I went and laid down and hurt for the rest of the day. I was good for a couple of months, then one day I was moving some heads (off of a car) around to prob my front motorcycle tire. I bent over and didn’t use my back because I distinctly remember pausing, and telling myself to pick it up right. I picked one of the heads up, moved about 10 feet then a horrid, hot razor blade feeling in my groin area near the bottom of my stomach. Luckily I put the head down before I got dizzy. I got so dizzy if you’ve ever seen cartoons with the stars in a daze, that’s exactly what I experienced. Felt like I was going to black out. Rushed to the ER and they wanted to give me some kind of shot, and then do an ultrasound. On my testicles. So after waiting for a while, no type of pain medication I got taken to get an ultrasound. Hurt so much. Got sent home on some antibiotics because there was some kind of growth on my right testicle. After a month the pain seemed to ease slowly. Only to happen again. Went back to same ER and they couldn’t tell why the pain was there. Did a physical (turn right couch and turn left and cough). No sign of a hernia. Nothing was there visibly either. The pain came and went. It seemed to never hurt if I was around anyone that was trying to help me. Over the next couple of months I visited my primary physician and told me that I just needed to rest and I would heal up. Still no clear answer as to why or what was causing me pain. I finally waited a whole year after the first incident to schedule an MRI. (Money was really tight at home so we couldn’t afford all the medical bills and early charges of deducebles). After waiting two weeks it came back and there was nothing on the images. At this point I could barley ever walk and not be in pain. And if I wasn’t in pain it would soon follow suit and flare up. So after a half a year or so of “healing” and seeing about 5 other DR. We got recommended to, I got an appointment woth my fathers DR. (Who had been around since before I was born, and was in his 40’s when my father saw him) was a eurologist. Checked me out and told me I had what’s called a tear in the abdonal wall. It’s just like it sounds. The muscle fibers in the abdominal wall get torn, and frail out like the end of an rope. And that resting would heal me over time. So I waited a couple more months, getting close to two years. Still same old pain, pain with walking, moving, lifting ANYTHING, doing dishes, driving, sex, going to the bathroom, sneezing or coughing. Anything and everything hurt. I don’t remember who or where I got the Dr’s name. But got recommended to a Dr. andrassay. He’s one, of two dr’s currently in the country that operate on cases like me (hernia like symptoms but no hernia) and accept insurance. Long story short without insurance the operation is like 57,000 dollars if I remember correctly. And it’s minor. Schedule a date right around 2 years to get operated on. Go in, get knocked out, come to. And the Dr is waitin at my feet. He tells me that I did in fact have a hernia, and that he put a mesh implant inside of me used for hernias. So all that time, out of the 7 or so people that I went to get checked out, had zero clue what was going on. So I go home (with ZERO PAIN MEDICATION) and for the next two weeks we’re the most painful days I have ever lived. I sat on our couch,that had electric recliners that someone gave to us used, and didn’t get up after. I couldn’t. The pain was so terrible after the Anastasia from surgery fully wore off. I didn’t go to the bathroom for like 5 days because my father had to help me up and help me pee. I couldn’t stand on my own. All while doing homework and preparing for a group presentation that started a day before my surgery. Started to be able to move little by little to a point that it wasn’t that painful to move around. Almost not noticeable, only to last about two months. Pain came back hard and fast in the groin area. Just like before the surgery. So I go back to Dr. andrassay and he tells me that there’s a college that he knows that works specifically on cases like mine. Post pain after hernia mesh. So I schedule an appointment ASAP to se this guy. His name is Dr. Leiman. He’s a co-owner at a hand surgical facility. But came up with a way to use some kind of locale anesthetic. But more long term, on an area in groin that is hurting. Minimally invasive. Quick 15-20 minute procedure. Or he can burn the nerves that send the pain signals to my brain, Called radio fequency. I chose the anesthetic first because I don’t want to be numb on the groin area. How much would that suck. So I see him before the first surgery, gets done. Wait a couple of days and same exact pain. I repeat this operation 4 TIMES. (Also while the facility charges 1,500$ out of pocket every operation, and Dr. Leiman charges 1,000$ out of pocket every operation. And then there was some other 500$ Charge every operation). Out of pocket as well. Before I finally decided to do the radio frequency. Steadily creeping up on three years of this shit at this point. Couldn’t continue with college after that semester. Got the first radio frequency, got pain relieve for about two months, then it came back. So I went back another time, same thing about 1-2 months of pain relief then it came back. THIRD TIMES A CHARM RIGHT? After the bird one I got pain relief for right over 8 months. But it’s been slowly creeping back up on me. I got a job, tried college some more, currently looking at technical schools. And I’m starting to hurt more and more, sometimes limiting my ability to do normal things again. But, there’s something called “stimwave”.

link removed

And certain people have to qualify for this operation, at least in my area. And you start of with an external version that testes to see if it works and how it affects you. If it works, you go get the real one put in. And thankfully the Dr. in the link is the same Dr. my girlfriend uses, so I’ve been able to ask him about it and told me to call and schedule an appointment and that I would qualify. And that he specializes in the kind of stimwave that’s used for hernia pain, specifically.
So that’s my story so far. Got hurt before I was 21, and I’ve been in pain so long that I can now legally drink and I’m at that age that people are graduating college and starting careers, while I work part Time not in college or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bardock

Mar 12, 2014
I have the mesh in my abdomen.

This post was tldr but mine is good, installed four years ago.

I mostly know abdominal hernia, but mine the Surgeon said the mesh replaces the whole and ab muscle grows over it the more you train and build it.

I think a lot depends on the talent of the surgeon when it is being sown up. Results vary but I researched the success rate before selecting this doc.

As for price I had great insurance until democrats made it out of reach.

You say only 21 and not in college like that's bad. Practice what you're good at bro. Sell an app everyone loves in 10 years that you make to apple and laugh while they cope with student debt and you are free.

Good luck!

pissed in AZ

Jan 5, 2019
I was 19 when I got the first experience of pain. Shard, knock me to a knee type pain when I was taking some leaves during fall. I went and laid down and hurt for the rest of the day. I was good for a couple of months, then one day I was moving some heads (off of a car) around to prob my front motorcycle tire. I bent over and didn’t use my back because I distinctly remember pausing, and telling myself to pick it up right. I picked one of the heads up, moved about 10 feet then a horrid, hot razor blade feeling in my groin area near the bottom of my stomach. Luckily I put the head down before I got dizzy. I got so dizzy if you’ve ever seen cartoons with the stars in a daze, that’s exactly what I experienced. Felt like I was going to black out. Rushed to the ER and they wanted to give me some kind of shot, and then do an ultrasound. On my testicles. So after waiting for a while, no type of pain medication I got taken to get an ultrasound. Hurt so much. Got sent home on some antibiotics because there was some kind of growth on my right testicle. After a month the pain seemed to ease slowly. Only to happen again. Went back to same ER and they couldn’t tell why the pain was there. Did a physical (turn right couch and turn left and cough). No sign of a hernia. Nothing was there visibly either. The pain came and went. It seemed to never hurt if I was around anyone that was trying to help me. Over the next couple of months I visited my primary physician and told me that I just needed to rest and I would heal up. Still no clear answer as to why or what was causing me pain. I finally waited a whole year after the first incident to schedule an MRI. (Money was really tight at home so we couldn’t afford all the medical bills and early charges of deducebles). After waiting two weeks it came back and there was nothing on the images. At this point I could barley ever walk and not be in pain. And if I wasn’t in pain it would soon follow suit and flare up. So after a half a year or so of “healing” and seeing about 5 other DR. We got recommended to, I got an appointment woth my fathers DR. (Who had been around since before I was born, and was in his 40’s when my father saw him) was a eurologist. Checked me out and told me I had what’s called a tear in the abdonal wall. It’s just like it sounds. The muscle fibers in the abdominal wall get torn, and frail out like the end of an rope. And that resting would heal me over time. So I waited a couple more months, getting close to two years. Still same old pain, pain with walking, moving, lifting ANYTHING, doing dishes, driving, sex, going to the bathroom, sneezing or coughing. Anything and everything hurt. I don’t remember who or where I got the Dr’s name. But got recommended to a Dr. andrassay. He’s one, of two dr’s currently in the country that operate on cases like me (hernia like symptoms but no hernia) and accept insurance. Long story short without insurance the operation is like 57,000 dollars if I remember correctly. And it’s minor. Schedule a date right around 2 years to get operated on. Go in, get knocked out, come to. And the Dr is waitin at my feet. He tells me that I did in fact have a hernia, and that he put a mesh implant inside of me used for hernias. So all that time, out of the 7 or so people that I went to get checked out, had zero clue what was going on. So I go home (with ZERO PAIN MEDICATION) and for the next two weeks we’re the most painful days I have ever lived. I sat on our couch,that had electric recliners that someone gave to us used, and didn’t get up after. I couldn’t. The pain was so terrible after the Anastasia from surgery fully wore off. I didn’t go to the bathroom for like 5 days because my father had to help me up and help me pee. I couldn’t stand on my own. All while doing homework and preparing for a group presentation that started a day before my surgery. Started to be able to move little by little to a point that it wasn’t that painful to move around. Almost not noticeable, only to last about two months. Pain came back hard and fast in the groin area. Just like before the surgery. So I go back to Dr. andrassay and he tells me that there’s a college that he knows that works specifically on cases like mine. Post pain after hernia mesh. So I schedule an appointment ASAP to se this guy. His name is Dr. Leiman. He’s a co-owner at a hand surgical facility. But came up with a way to use some kind of locale anesthetic. But more long term, on an area in groin that is hurting. Minimally invasive. Quick 15-20 minute procedure. Or he can burn the nerves that send the pain signals to my brain, Called radio fequency. I chose the anesthetic first because I don’t want to be numb on the groin area. How much would that suck. So I see him before the first surgery, gets done. Wait a couple of days and same exact pain. I repeat this operation 4 TIMES. (Also while the facility charges 1,500$ out of pocket every operation, and Dr. Leiman charges 1,000$ out of pocket every operation. And then there was some other 500$ Charge every operation). Out of pocket as well. Before I finally decided to do the radio frequency. Steadily creeping up on three years of this shit at this point. Couldn’t continue with college after that semester. Got the first radio frequency, got pain relieve for about two months, then it came back. So I went back another time, same thing about 1-2 months of pain relief then it came back. THIRD TIMES A CHARM RIGHT? After the bird one I got pain relief for right over 8 months. But it’s been slowly creeping back up on me. I got a job, tried college some more, currently looking at technical schools. And I’m starting to hurt more and more, sometimes limiting my ability to do normal things again. But, there’s something called “stimwave”.

link removed

And certain people have to qualify for this operation, at least in my area. And you start of with an external version that testes to see if it works and how it affects you. If it works, you go get the real one put in. And thankfully the Dr. in the link is the same Dr. my girlfriend uses, so I’ve been able to ask him about it and told me to call and schedule an appointment and that I would qualify. And that he specializes in the kind of stimwave that’s used for hernia pain, specifically.
So that’s my story so far. Got hurt before I was 21, and I’ve been in pain so long that I can now legally drink and I’m at that age that people are graduating college and starting careers, while I work part Time not in college or anything.
LOKI.
HI...WHAT STATE YOU ARE IN? HOW OLD YOU ARE NOW? TOTAL YEARS SINCE YOU FIRST HAD FIRST EVER HERNIA MESH IMPLANTED?
WERE ALL THE SURGEONS, WHO IMPLANTED AND REMOVED YOUR HERNIA MESHES, EXPERT WITH HERNIA MESH AND HAD PRIOR DONE MANY MANY MENS' HERNIA MESH SURGERIES BEFORE?

MY MESS BEGAN 9/2012. ONE SURGERY, DAILY HELL ON EARTH SINCE. INGUINOYDYNIA DYSEJACULATION. MY FIRST SURGERY EVER OF ANY KIND. MY SURGEON WAS A SO CALLED EXPERT. WHAT BRAND MESH YOU HAVE? I HAVE PROGRIP AND ALSO PERFIX PLUG...BILATERAL INGUINAL + UMBILICAL.
SUCKS. TOO MANY ISSUES AND HAS COST ME MY LIFE SAVINGS. HAD NOINSURANCE SELF PAID FOR SURGERY. SINCE THEN SPENT 250% OF WHAT THE SURGERY COST ON CONSULTS AND SUCH.
LOOKING TO HAVE THE MESHES ALL REMOVED NO NEW MESH. BEST SURGEON LIKELY IS: Dr. Igor Belyansky in Annapolis, MD..I feel he's the best one to remove the meshes and have no issues postop. But I don't have the $$$. it's spendy and I don't know the price without a $2,500 consult trip to visit him, and also meet the needed 3, 3 accntg. dept. mgrs. after I get the 'codes' from him..for the mesh explant surgery. Would need the prices for: OR, surgeon and Anethesiologist too.

Mesh entrapping: Spermcord, ARTERY and 3 nerves. Unreal it's legal. My issues not over time, all existed, day after surgery and to this day, no 'true' improvements..first two years laid on bed. NO sex NO job since 09/2012.