Pail bomb?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Fail bomb? It didn't even damage the bucket!

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Parsons Green: Underground blast a terror incident, say police - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545
66afb213dd2556c1f27b8b7bcf9daa6a.jpg

Nov 29, 2006
I'd be more worried about the fact people are wanting to do this, than the fact this particular bomb didnt work as intended.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
One would guess either the IRA or Islam, and we're not living in the 70's. Trump seems to think so, since he's cross-referencing this incident with his travel ban. Either he's simply assuming (as one might), or he has some info we don't, notwithstanding their reluctance to share any with him (could have been leaked). Most likely it's someone from ALDI trying to tarnish the brand image of their main rival.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
One would guess either the IRA or Islam, and we're not living in the 70's.

Its a bit of a shit bomb for either of them TBH. I'm guessing its some wannabe terrorist that failed bomb making 101 and got kicked off the course.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I have to get myself one of those bomb-proof Lidl carrier bags. Bag for life, indeed.

Can't tell who is responsible at this point. Seems like Islamists like to perish with their attacks, not leave bombs lying around to explode in their absence. But maybe they are changing style?

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
I have to get myself one of those bomb-proof Lidl carrier bags. Bag for life, indeed.

Can't tell who is responsible at this point. Seems like Islamists like to perish with their attacks, not leave bombs lying around to explode in their absence. But maybe they are changing style?

Maybe it didn't work as intended (meant to do more damage), and the perp is one of the burn victims. No 72 virgins, but also no 72 mothers in law.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
A failed bombing is a good thing and the response was also well managed. Kudos to those in charge.

Of course, Trump being Trump, he in and of his own accord had seemingly generated his own story line in order to exploit this incident to forward his own personal agenda of keeping his base paranoiac and willfully misinformed. That's a mutually agreeable arrangement between he and his base that's pretty much a disaster in progress for the rest of the nation.

I wonder when the majority of the Repub Party that's being held hostage by Trump and his eclectic band of die-hard bigots, religious zealots and assorted Nazis and supremacists will get tired of this in-fighting and stuff those extremists back down that hole from which Trump and the GOP Ministry of Propaganda armed and unshackled on the nation.

edit - As an aside, I recall when waiting for a flight back home after completing some schooling at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, a couple of guys left two large cardboard boxes in the waiting line to get checked in while I assume they were off getting the rest of their luggage from curbside. It didn't help things that they were loudly speaking to each other in what seemed to me a middle eastern dialect of some sort.

A ticket agent then asked over the PA system for the owners of those boxes to identify themselves. After about ten seconds of no one claiming ownership and a second call being announced, that long line of passengers waiting to check in (me included) disappeared so fast it was actually amazing to see how there was a collective realization of what those boxes may have been despite the lack of an announcement to clear the area from the authorities. I wasn't around to see the owners of those boxes claim ownership, but that flight as well as others got delayed for some time as the mechanizations of the response authorities played itself out and the all clear was given.

Last edited:

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017

Parsons Green: Underground blast a terror incident, say police - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

My daughter takes that train usually but was at home with a sick child today, because of our sucky phone system that got overloaded I couldn't contact her to ensure that she was OK.

But of course, for an authoritarian far left extremist that thinks anyone to the left of anarcho communism is a fascist and supports these kinds of things it's no biggie.

Fuck you.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
A failed bombing is a good thing and the response was also well managed. Kudos to those in charge.

It's a good thing?

Are you retarded? It failed because of a fluke and the intent to murder people is evident. There are people who want to murder innocent people in our society and their attempt at doing so is a good thing?

It was handled like shit too, sure, the response is as it always is (proving once again that having normal coppers wearing guns is not needed) but the reaction meant trampling of people rather than a calm reaction where people would be assured it was being dealt with.

You have no idea and yet you have an opinion? What the fuck is your point?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
It's a good thing?

Are you retarded? It failed because of a fluke and the intent to murder people is evident. There are people who want to murder innocent people in our society and their attempt at doing so is a good thing?

It was handled like shit too, sure, the response is as it always is (proving once again that having normal coppers wearing guns is not needed) but the reaction meant trampling of people rather than a calm reaction where people would be assured it was being dealt with.

Failed Bombing: No deaths (A good thing)

Successful Bombing: Possibly scores upon scores of of deaths, maiming, dismembering. (A bad thing)

My apologies for not making myself more clear on the point being made.

Reactions: purbeast0

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
If it is an Islamist, and they are changing tactics to a more IRA-style approach of walking away to kill another day, then that's not good. I was somewhat counting on there only being a finite supply of murderous/suicidal nutters (and a supply of steadily-diminishing quality in terms of competence). But if they don't die in their attacks, they can do a lot more damage in the longer term.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
It's a good thing?

What is with the hostile attitude? As a fellow Brit I think you should be more polite with your remarks, the response by police etc was fine in general for the most part , they always go in heavy handed (full force) until they know what they are exactly dealing with then scale it down as appropriate, you should know that. Also from what I saw the police were quite calm and helpful to the public.

End of the day nobody got killed so something good came out of it.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005

I dunno, it seems to have performed flawlessly from where I sit. Everybody overreacted as it instilled fear and panic in the public mind, disrupted normal operations and made the popo lockdown the area.

I'm willing to bet that if they'd modified a stuffed barney so his eyes glowed and head spun around 360 degrees while laughing that people would've started screaming and stampeded.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I dunno, it seems to have performed flawlessly from where I sit. Everybody overreacted as it instilled fear and panic in the public mind, disrupted normal operations and made the popo lockdown the area.

No one seriously hurt, the whole thing will be forgotten about in a week apart from the jokes and the guy(s) responsible will be picked up and shaken down for information.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
If it is an Islamist, and they are changing tactics to a more IRA-style approach of walking away to kill another day, then that's not good. I was somewhat counting on there only being a finite supply of murderous/suicidal nutters (and a supply of steadily-diminishing quality in terms of competence). But if they don't die in their attacks, they can do a lot more damage in the longer term.

I'm not sure how you'd die in that attack. Maybe stick your head in the bucket and ask the public to top it up with water?