P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1584 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
rbx3ax1.jpeg

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

Ha--ha....I live on the Washington coast. We usually have 3-5 power outages every year...especially during the winter storm season...so, last year, I bought a decent (small) 3650 watt inverter generator to run some of the essentials. (pellet stove, some lights, refrigerator, etc.) Since I got it, we've had 4 storms with winds over 50 mph...no power outages. I think that generator was good power outage insurance!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Imagine if a group of black people managed to get 80+ courts to hear their grievances within a span of 2 months. Imagine that.

Nah, these pieces of filth aren't unheard. They just don't like how the world fairly and appropriately responds to their sociopathic insanity. (actually, it isn't really fair or even just: fair and just would have at least half of these treasonous swine hung from their own gallows. And it should have been done a year ago)

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Ha--ha....I live on the Washington coast. We usually have 3-5 power outages every year...especially during the winter storm season...so, last year, I bought a decent (small) 3650 watt inverter generator to run some of the essentials. (pellet stove, some lights, refrigerator, etc.) Since I got it, we've had 4 storms with winds over 50 mph...no power outages. I think that generator was good power outage insurance!
When I first moved into our neighborhood we lost power 3 or 4 times over the course of 5 years. Each time the power was out so long we lost everything in the freezers. Bought a generator big enough to power the whole house...haven't lost power since. That was 8+ years ago.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Imagine if a group of black people managed to get 80+ courts to hear their grievances within a span of 2 months. Imagine that.

Nah, these pieces of filth aren't unheard. They just don't like how the world fairly and appropriately responds to their sociopathic insanity. (actually, it isn't really fair or even just: fair and just would have at least half of these treasonous swine hung from their own gallows. And it should have been done a year ago)
That was my take on it. You aren't unheard, you're fucking wrong and most people know it. We're all sick of hearing you, you won't fucking shut up.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004

Same here. After the freeze a year ago we had 3 multi hour power outages. After we got the generator we had one that lasted an hour.

Actually had a similar sized portable generator during the freeze last year. Picked it up after hurricane Ike back in 2008. Got tired of having to run out and get gas for it before each storm and remembering to test it every couple of months. During the freeze the carbuerator gummed up and I spent 3 hours in 20F temps changing it out. Plus I had to run the cords under the garage door and through the utility room door to get power into the house. Even with a couple of space heaters and a fireplace the interior of the house dropped into the 40's over the 3 days of the freeze.

The generac is hooked up to natural gas, has an automatic transfer switch, can run the whole house including the AC & furnace, and it tests itself once a week. If it has problem it'll send us a message asking for service.

My father-in-law just got a portable dual fuel generator and had an electrician install a manual transfer switch. So he can keep his fridge, freezer and gas furnace running while they come over to our place if we are going to be without power for an extended period.

If you can't tell we have no confidence the Texas grid won't crash again during another hard freeze.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
@Moonbeam here is Jordan Peterson triggered because James Bond might be played by a black actor:

Ijh4IFg.png

Just in case you are still operating under the belief that he is someone worth taking seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: cytg111