P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1560 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Sounds like this is not going to be the Peter Jackson version finally getting most of it right in a movie about a book.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I... I don't know what this means.....
After a couple absolute flops at trying to make a Hobbit or Fellowship of the Ring movie by others, Peter Jackson essentially nailed it. Personally, I love David Lynch's Dune especially when it came to depicting the Baron Harkonnen as a disgusting being (Trump unleashed). Sounds like this will be yet another loser sequel for an unimaginative movie industry.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
After a couple absolute flops at trying to make a Hobbit or Fellowship of the Ring movie by others, Peter Jackson essentially nailed it. Personally, I love David Lynch's Dune especially when it came to depicting the Baron Harkonnen as a disgusting being (Trump unleashed). Sounds like this will be yet another loser sequel for an unimaginative movie industry.
Wat? Jackson did okay with the Fellowship of the Ring but his Hobbit sucked, sucky sucked, sucked so hard it left a bruise.

Reactions: VashHT

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Wat? Jackson did okay with the Fellowship of the Ring but his Hobbit sucked, sucky sucked, sucked so hard it left a bruise.
Jackson didn't make Hobbit, he fixed it to the condition it was.

Hot take: every scene Smaug was in was perfect, the rest could be shelved and just converted into a Smaug vs the everyone drama.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I have the 10GB fan edit of the Hobbit movies, it is a much better film.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Does it cut out Legolas and the stupid elf/dwarf love affair entirely?
Yup. It is as close to the events in the book as he/she could get it.

I just looked, and there appears to be a bunch of different cuts fans have made. You should be able to find one worth a watch.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Interesting. I gotta download that. I never watched the Hobbit as it looked so terrible and the reviews confirmed it. I do own the extended cuts of LOTR (in the cloud, not physical discs)

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Yup. It is as close to the events in the book as he/she could get it.

I just looked, and there appears to be a bunch of different cuts fans have made. You should be able to find one worth a watch.
That sounds awesome, I'll have to look into it. Would love something like this, pulling out my Blu Rays to fast forward or skip scenes is awful.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
ETyTqmU.jpeg

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
OK. I shouldn't had said Hobbit. Peter apparently decided to go "Disney" (the scene in the beginning with the plates and shit). I literally can't watch what should have been in one movie, that turned into 2 or 3. You are correct sir.