P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1542 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
folehr1.jpeg

*Excessive hahas removed*

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
As I’ve said before antivaxxers are avoiding vaccines because they want to avoid taking responsibility. A disease is something that happens to you - not something you are responsible for. Therefore any bad outcome is not your fault. You also don’t have a choice about treatments. if you very ill you’ll have to to take whatever treatment is available. So any bad outcome from the treatment isn’t your fault.

Vaccines on then other hand you have to make the decision to get it. Therefore any bad outcome from the vaccine is your fault.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
As I’ve said before antivaxxers are avoiding vaccines because they want to avoid taking responsibility. A disease is something that happens to you - not something you are responsible for. Therefore any bad outcome is not your fault. You also don’t have a choice about treatments. if you very ill you’ll have to to take whatever treatment is available. So any bad outcome from the treatment isn’t your fault.

Vaccines on then other hand you have to make the decision to get it. Therefore any bad outcome from the vaccine is your fault.

I've heard that before, regarding childhood vaccines and MMR in particular.
Parents sense they would feel more guilt from an active choice to have their child vaccinated, if it _did_ cause a bad reaction, than from them getting ill with the disease the vaccine would protect them against. It's a quirk of human psychology, I guess.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
This is just hilarious. Do you think it too just Sliwa to come up with this or did it take a whole Republican social media think tank to drum up this tweet?

Republicans are so dumb because their base has zero critical thinking ability:

evnu3bpmcbo71.jpg

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
This is just hilarious. Do you think it too just Sliwa to come up with this or did it take a whole Republican social media think tank to drum up this tweet?

Republicans are so dumb because their base has zero critical thinking ability:

View attachment 50444
The next logical step to that story is AOC capitalizing on that narrative and makes an event out of her happily paying her ‘tax the rich’ tax.

Reactions: pmv

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
It's the don't want to fix it part that is the problem. Too many people are using their political tribalism as an excuse for not having any viable solutions.

The thought did occur to me that quite a number of Trump fanatics, totally dialed in on their literally fatally flawed unquestioning loyalty to him are wishing really hard that their efforts toward being anti-vax is making Biden look worse than Trump in reference to how Biden has managed the pandemic vs how Trump had totally mismanaged it.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

/Shrug
I'm having trouble reconciling these two statements from that link:

What's True
The manufacturer of REGN-COV2 has stated that it employs stem cells in its research, most commonly mouse embryonic stem cells and human blood stem cells. The "antibody cocktail" given to Trump is a combination of two human-made proteins and was developed using a decades-old cell line derived from embryonic kidney tissues obtained from an aborted human fetus in 1973.
What's False
However, no human embryonic stem cells or recently harvested fetal tissues were used in the development of REGN-COV2, according to the manufacturer.
If they used materials derived from human embryonic stem cells then human embryonic stem cells were, in fact, used to develop REGN-COV2 despite what the manufacturer says.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I'm having trouble reconciling these two statements from that link:

If they used materials derived from human embryonic stem cells then human embryonic stem cells were, in fact, used to develop REGN-COV2 despite what the manufacturer says.
Yep, the manufacturer doesn't wanna melt the snowflakes before they grift them.

Mar 11, 2004
It's the don't want to fix it part that is the problem. Too many people are using their political tribalism as an excuse for not having any viable solutions.

I don't agree. There's a lot of right wingers that feel their insanity and hatred is justified to fix what they see as the problem, just look at the moron that murdered (and tortured the young daughter) the family recently to supposedly save a girl being sex trafficked.