P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1480 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I'm totally okay with tasing people who vape in public spaces*. Now on to the important question: is that his father's or his grandfather's t-shirt?

*The cops were still assholes for tasing him.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
On Trump's birthday, remembering the people who didn't get to celebrate theirs in the past year thanks to his ego and incompetence.

Reactions: tweaker2

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
5d893p.jpg

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'm totally okay with tasing people who vape in public spaces*. Now on to the important question: is that his father's or his grandfather's t-shirt?

*The cops were still assholes for tasing him.
I will never forget my 3rd from last voyage to the bottom of the sea, with a bunch of NOTU jerks that smoked their GD C-cell flashlight sized vapers in the only place I could hang out while not supporting testing (crews lounge). At least my grandfather smoked a 50/50 Carter Hall and Sir Walter Raleigh mixture of pipe tobacco. They were smoking some god awful vanilla and cherry and whatever stink that was endless. Thankfully, shortly after that trip, all forms of smoking were finally banned on subs.
I was actually shocked, that they allowed smoking on submarines when I first started in the business.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Well I’m guessing whatever charges they were planning on bringing won’t hold up in court now.

Are police not required to show a warrant to come in your house now?

sadly no.. they can declare it a health and welfare check and walk right in. If they want to search the place they need a warrant but if they believe they have 'probable cause' they can walk in.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I will never forget my 3rd from last voyage to the bottom of the sea, with a bunch of NOTU jerks that smoked their GD C-cell flashlight sized vapers in the only place I could hang out while not supporting testing (crews lounge). At least my grandfather smoked a 50/50 Carter Hall and Sir Walter Raleigh mixture of pipe tobacco. They were smoking some god awful vanilla and cherry and whatever stink that was endless. Thankfully, shortly after that trip, all forms of smoking were finally banned on subs.
I was actually shocked, that they allowed smoking on submarines when I first started in the business.

And I remember when smoking was permitted in airplanes. Every seat had an ashtray in one of the armrests.

Reactions: hal2kilo and KMFJD

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
And I remember when smoking was permitted in airplanes. Every seat had an ashtray in one of the armrests.
i had a flight in the late 90's flying from Amsterdam that i was booked into smoking section, big mistake

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I remember flying as a kid from NYC to Cyprus via Europe and being in the non-smoking section with my parents. The smoking section was separated by - some flimsy curtains that essentially did nothing.

I can't believe humans were that dumb.

Reactions: hal2kilo

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I remember flying as a kid from NYC to Cyprus via Europe and being in the non-smoking section with my parents. The smoking section was separated by - some flimsy curtains that essentially did nothing.

I can't believe humans were that dumb.
That was a fancy plane. Every flight I took, the smoking section was in the rear, and just began at a specific row number.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
That was a fancy plane. Every flight I took, the smoking section was in the rear, and just began at a specific row number.
In that case at least keeping the windows open kept the smoke at the back thanks to the airflow through the plane.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
I cant figure out which way they're going with that, but pretty sure they'd be aghast either way. Maybe agape is a better word...