P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1383 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I don't disagree, but that's not really the discussion we just had.

They are no different for the animals. What humans use to justify our actions means nothing to them.

Such a big waste of resources to feed the animals then eat them. I don't mean we should all go vegetarian, but we should definitely cut back bigly.

Food like Korokke give you that animal taste without actually using a lot of meat is what I think we should move to. Throw in insect protein powder and we will be a lot more sustainable.

Last edited:
Reactions: pmv

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
They are no different for the animals. What humans use to justify our actions means nothing to them.

Such a big waste of resources to feed the animals then eat them. I don't mean we should all go vegetarian, we shpuld definitely cut back bigly.

Again, not disagreeing, but what we do means something to me.

Killing something to don it's carcass joined with other carcasses as a status symbol is a problem for me.

Killing something to feed people is not something I have a big problem with, and you're addressing the concerns I would have. Wars are fought for resources, food and water being basic necessities.

Edit: is your turkey in the oven? 😋

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Again, not disagreeing, but what we do means something to me.

Killing something to don it's carcass joined with other carcasses as a status symbol is a problem for me.

Killing something to feed people is not something I have a big problem with, and you're addressing the concerns I would have. Wars are fought for resources, food and water being basic necessities.

Edit: is your turkey in the oven? 😋

I an Canadian so Thanksgiving is long over. I don't do turkey lol.

Thanksgiving was a big deal before because you only got to roast a whole turkey once a year. Now you can order it a couple of days before and you can get it delivered, cooked.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I an Canadian so Thanksgiving is long over. I don't do turkey lol.

Thanksgiving was a big deal before because you only got to roast a whole turkey once a year. Now you can order it a couple of days before and you can get it delivered, cooked.

Ah yes, you had your turkey day beginning of October iirc.

Yes, you bring up a good point that applies to the topic. As society changes and we progress, what do we hold onto and what do we discard. IMO, fur coats are legacy, unnecessary, and just a status symbol. There's really no reason for it.

We were more intrinsically dependant on the world around us before the industrial revolution, fur was an important item because it provided protection in harsh environments.

I don't see humans giving up meat, as food is a requirement. I agree we could eat less, and I support keeping the animals in a healthy environment during their time here.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Ah yes, you had your turkey day beginning of October iirc.

Yes, you bring up a good point that applies to the topic. As society changes and we progress, what do we hold onto and what do we discard. IMO, fur coats are legacy, unnecessary, and just a status symbol. There's really no reason for it.

We were more intrinsically dependant on the world around us before the industrial revolution, fur was an important item because it provided protection in harsh environments.

I don't see humans giving up meat, as food is a requirement. I agree we could eat less, and I support keeping the animals in a healthy environment during their time here.

I do think we can make do with synthetic fur coat, but I am not the type of person who would wear one in the first place. I love how people bitch about how certain food is unhealthy, like port belly on rice. Well, it was ok when everyone was poor and can only get that once a week. Eating fatty meat every meal is of course going to be a problem especially since we are no longer working in the field all day.

I do miss 40% lard pastry though :p

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I do think we can make do with synthetic fur coat, but I am not the type of person who would wear one in the first place. I love how people bitch about how certain food is unhealthy, like port belly on rice. Well, it was ok when everyone was poor and can only get that once a week. Eating fatty meat every meal is of course going to be a problem especially since we are no longer working in the field all day.

I do miss 40% lard pastry though :p

Yea, this is true. The amount of unhealthy food and less active lifestyle is the problem. When we were busting our butts all day just to live, it didn't matter as much what you are. And the unhealthy food wasn't available all day everyday.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
70ArIOu.png
The only problem with this is that it's missing a parody of the second part of the quote:

"Come back, four years." :(