P&Ns middle name is and

Page 300 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I'm not sure why you think this is funny. Jobless rate is something you want LOW. 4.5% is significantly better than 9%.

It is a pretty weak metric though, would be nice to see the rate month by month for all the presidents, but given the data shown, Trump is no joke.
Lol, I honestly didn't think anyone would fall for such an obvious trap. Overestimated p&n again.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm not sure why you think this is funny. Jobless rate is something you want LOW. 4.5% is significantly better than 9%.

It is a pretty weak metric though, would be nice to see the rate month by month for all the presidents, but given the data shown, Trump is no joke.

Oh, you mean something like this chart that's only been posted a gazillion times?-

unemployment.png

How about that Ownership Society, huh? Classic Repub nut kick a la 1929...

Unemployment numbers 100 days in have nothing to do with Trump.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Wait you actually think the first 100 days has that large of effect? What that actually shows is democrats starting out with a less than stellar economy and it improving by the time the next president takes office.
(if the numbers are accurate since I didn't actually check)

It doesn't show that at all. It doesn't say what the rate was at day 1 of Trump, or day 2000 of Obama, or any other useful bits of data.

OTOH:
Oh, you mean something like this chart that's only been posted a gazillion times?-

unemployment.png

How about that Ownership Society, huh? Classic Repub nut kick a la 1929...

Unemployment numbers 100 days in have nothing to do with Trump.

Thanks. Now it's a lot more clear. Obama took office with something like 6.5% according to that chart, and it skyrocketed to 10% of his first year in office. At the end of his term, he dropped it down to 7%, a massive 3% reduction, which would be impressive if the jobless rate wasn't lower than that when he started.

Matthiasa

Diamond Member
May 4, 2009
It doesn't show that at all. It doesn't say what the rate was at day 1 of Trump, or day 2000 of Obama, or any other useful bits of data.

OTOH:

Thanks. Now it's a lot more clear. Obama took office with something like 6.5% according to that chart, and it skyrocketed to 10% of his first year in office. At the end of his term, he dropped it down to 7%, a massive 3% reduction, which would be impressive if the jobless rate wasn't lower than that when he started.
Are you unable to read or comprehend charts? That is at the level of willful ignorance...
You didn't get the time frames or data values correct.

The following has actual listed values to make it easier for you.
https://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

lol